She-Bop She only Song Tournament

Tools    

It's a popular Britney Spears song. It came out in 2003, I believe.

I know who Britney Spears is, but I don't think I've heard any of her songs.
Well, stop trying to fire every restaurant manager in the world and you might find time to listen to the radio or something.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well, stop trying to fire every restaurant manager in the world and you might find time to listen to the radio or something.

I listen to the radio online. There are no country radio stations around here.

Can we nominate things that have been nominated before? Not that I have a particular song in mind but just don't have the time to be going back and trawling through previous tournaments to see what was in the running back then.

Can we nominate things that have been nominated before? Not that I have a particular song in mind but just don't have the time to be going back and trawling through previous tournaments to see what was in the running back then.

I think rule for the past tournaments has been that you can't nominate a song that won already in a different tournament, but I think it's okay to nominate a song that didn't already win.

But you should verify this to make sure.

Except maybe in certain, special situations... whatever they might be... I feel like songs that already won shouldn't be played again.

Runner-ups are fine, but not winners.

Jiraffe nominating Patsy Cline's "She's Got You" again is ridiculous. It already won and it was nominated by him.

It might be funny to see a song win twice, but I prefer seeing new stuff win.

Except maybe in certain, special situations... whatever they might be... I feel like songs that already won shouldn't be played again.

Runner-ups are fine, but not winners.

Jiraffe nominating Patsy Cline's "She's Got You" again is ridiculous. It already won and it was nominated by him.

It might be funny to see a song win twice, but I prefer seeing new stuff win.

I agree. I'd prefer to see new stuff win rather than the same song win twice. I think it gives the winning song an unfair advantage. In fact, I might actually vote against a song I like just because it already won one of these tournaments.

It might be interesting to have a tournament of songs that didn't make the top 100 charts. Maybe something like "B" sides, or album cuts that weren't released as singles. There might be some good hidden gems in a tournament like that, and it would be unlikely that a song would win just because it's popular.

I feel like a little bit of a heel because I think I nominated mostly hits. My problem is that's pretty much all I know. I don't buy CD's anymore, and when I did it was minimal. I listen to classic rock, oldies, or sometimes modern rock, but that's about it. Some of you guys nominated whole sets of songs and artists I've never even heard of. I know and love some obscure songs, but probably over 95% of them are from male artists.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Don't feel like a heal, Cricket. I nominated All About That Bass for crying out loud. Cups and The Hangin' Tree too. I'm sure it will backfire on me, but we will see.

Thanks to all of you joining in! The more the merrier. Remember to try to check back tonight to see how many noms everyone will have. It will be a 128 song tournament since more than eight joined and unless 16 people join (doubtful) everyone will have a few more than eight.