Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

22 Jump Street (2014)

Okay, maybe the follow-up to 2012's 21 Jump Street isn't miles better than the first, but it's a solid sequel that brings plenty of laughs and gags in the vein of the first. Actually, A LOT like the first, which is this whole self-aware deal that the film plays on its audience and action movies alike. And you know what, it works fantastic. Something like that has definitely been done before, but still it works great here and it makes for a nice sequel with the two leads once again carrying most of this movie. Without their chemistry it just wouldn't be the same.

I give this the same rating as the first, as there are things I like better about the first and some I like better with the second. During this rewatch I was nervous it wasn't going to be as good as I remembered since it wasn't extremely high on laughs throughout. But it kept picking up only to end on a high note - in a finale I actually wasn't fond of the first time, but really enjoyed now. And how about that end credits scene! Everything with this film is far out and a little too much but somehow it works anyways. Bring on 23 Jump Street!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My reaction to this post:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Daredevil (2003) - Mark Steven Johnson

- For myself it's not that terrible... ok it's not the best super-hero movie ever and it got some flaws but I though in spite of that ridiculous ending it was quite enjoyable and Colin Farrell is godda*mn BADASS as the vilain Bullseye. Soundtracks are great because I love Evanescence.
+

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Edge of Tomorrow (Doug Liman, 2014)

I was needing a popcorn flick so I chose this one! Surprisingly, it's not bad!
The action is entertaining, the CGI is well done and I liked the concept a lot! A movie that doesn't take itself too serious but that's very effective on what it tries do to!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Once Upon a Time in the West - 4/10

Love Henry Fonda, Jason Robards - but for a film so long, it doesn't say much...
Say whaaaaaaat???

This is gonna sound really stupid but how to you put the little popcorn symbols as your rating?
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

So mediocre, the minions are supposed to be supporting roles to provide humour while they can give other characters arcs. We didn't need an hour and a half of mostly meh minions jokes 4/10

This is gonna sound really stupid but how to you put the little popcorn symbols as your rating?
you use this little script. first make the ratting box as such.

[ rating ]

then add in your rating from 0 to 5. Half numbers are okay.

then end with [ /rating ].

So it will look like [ rating ] rating here [ /rating ].

Just make sure there are no spaces for the brackets and numbers. Then it will look like this.

Deliver Us From Evil (2014) - Scott Derrickson

- This flick is D*pe! I love it from the beggining till the end. Bana and Ramirez are very good and Scott Derrickson at the direction is once again awesome. The plot is highly entertaining and the atmosphere is dark and nice. The sountrack is one of the greatest (The Doors - People Are Strange).

Unfinished Business (2015)

Not a bad film, it was a little meh at some points, but there were some funny moments though(And some parts i'd like to wipe from my memory). Plus having Nick Frost always up s your film a little bit(Not much though)

I didn't. I have a hard tiem taking any supernatural horror movie seriously these days. Derrickson is one of the only horror directors left that knows what he's doing with a camera, but there was nothing new in that film. I do think it looks better with the lack of competition, because literally every other profitable horror movie last year (Ouija, Devil's Due, As Above So Below, etc.) was awful and Deliver Us From Evil was at least comptent. Personally I wasn't impressed with the performances, but I guess for the genre they were decent.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Creep (2014)

I have always been a big fan of Duplass, but this is the first mark against him. There is little to no entertainment, no tension and the payoff is something you saw coming a mile away.

Movies like this make me question the review sites. Creep got a glowing reception that I found undeserved.

Care for some gopher?
Batman & Robin (USA/GB, 1997, Joel Schumacher) -
+

That was one hell of a trashy movie! Qualitywise even a little worse than Batman Forever but thanks to Uma Thurman and Arnold Schwarzenegger this one was kind of entertaining.

Batman & Robin is kind of a great family movie. It's a kid's movie, but there's actually some pretty entertaining things in there for the adults. Jim Carey is pretty hilarious. But yeah... it is kind of a lame movie.

Master of My Domain
Batman & Robin is kind of a great family movie. It's a kid's movie, but there's actually some pretty entertaining things in there for the adults. Jim Carey is pretty hilarious. But yeah... it is kind of a lame movie.
I think you got mixed up with Batman Forever. Batman and Robin has legendary puns by Mr. Freeze and bat nipples, not a lame Jim Carey (in comparison).