R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Netflix queue....

I'm actually growing sadder and sadder just thinking that he's not around anymore...gee...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I posted this in the music thread, but its more fitting here. Really to alot of folks this was the moment he entered their lives, and this scene specific.

What an intro.

some customers may get their dicks ripped off
I guess he won't be coming back as ghost this time ha.
All joking aside though he was a great actor that will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

I missed this news!

RIP

Not a huge fan my any means, but I do like "Red Dawn", "Roadhouse" and "Ghost".
He certainly showed massive bravery and fight, going on to do a TV series after being so ill (and as it now turns out so close to the end) it was the very definition of a trooper.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I know he has been unwell for sometime but I was saddened by the news of his untimely death He wasnt one of my favorite actors but he was a very talented guy indeed, very sad news

I loved Steel Dawn, Red Dawn and Roadhouse when I was younger. Naturally Ghost is a classic, and he had a good role in Donnie Darko too.

R.I.P. Patrick.

I didn't like many of his films but he certainly died brave. That alone deserves unlimited respect. RIP Patrick Swayze

My life isn't written very well.
Kind of a long clip here, but it really showcases the talents of these actors especially Rita (Swayze), who is dealing with profound personal issues, brought to the surface by catty Chi-Chi (Leguazamo).

Originally Posted by mark f
It's pretty shocking that Patrick Swayze is dead, but it wouldn't bother me that much if not for his role as Vita in To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

VITA,
NOOOOO!!!!!!!
: bawling:

You were supposed to come back for 2 Wong Foo 2, Thanks Again, Julie Newmar.

You can never be replaced.

I hope you're well and happy in drag queen heaven.

R.I.P.

Rip

TV Guide Network to Air Unseen Swayze Interview

TV Guide Network will air a special on Patrick Swayze featuring a never-before broadcast interview of the Dirty Dancing star.

See Swayze's life in pictures

In Patrick Swayze: The Unseen Interview, the actor, who died Monday after an extended battle with pancreatic cancer, discusses Dirty Dancing and its impact on pop culture. "Sometimes a movie encapsulates a period or a moment in all of our lives in such a way that it never dies," Swayze said. "And I think Dirty Dancing did that."

"A lot of people say this was a movie about the loss of innnocence," Swayze continued. "And I believe it was a movie about the rediscovery of innocence."

Swayze said dealing with the "redneck mentality" while growing up as a dancer and actor in Texas helped him relate to the character of Johnny Castle. "I did something in terms of the arts... that people didn't understand," he said. "I had to fight my way up just to survive. And Johhny Castle, I believe, had to do the same thing on the streets of Philadelphia."

Look back on Swayze's most memorable movie roles

Swayze was also very complimentary of his co-star, Jennifer Grey. "When Jennifer and I did our screen test together, a real chemistry and a real heat happened," he said. "Jennifer has as much natural talent as any young woman I've ever seen."

The interview was originally shot for the Dirty Dancing 20th Anniversary DVD. TV Guide Network will broadcast the footage for the first time in its special, which also features additional intreviews with the star.

Patrick Swayze: The Unseen Interview airs Thursday, Sept. 17 at 8/7c on TV Guide Network. Encores will air later at 11/10c and 1 a.m./midnight Friday, Sept. 18.

Source: TV Guide

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
This is truly so sad to me for I grew up watching Patrick Swayze and loved him as a young girl....who didn't at the age of 13? He was an amazing soul and definitely feel the sadness....all though he was a star and was not a person in my life so to say, when thinking about him and the movies he was in... it brings me back to being a kid and those times in my life and well it's just so sad but, tiz this thing called LIFE! He will be remembered and not forgotten Rest In Peace!!

professional fool
/salute

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I'm still not over it. I cried myself to sleep last night thinking there will never be a Roadhouse sequel.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201