From Film into Book

Tools    

Are there any books that you've read that are based on movies?
It seems like an obvious thing to do... if you want to monetize a fan base, release extra material they can purchase. IDK how often this sort of thing actually happens.

There was a phantom menace book that was based on the movie - but star wars in particular already had a ton of extra books and an established novel-reading fan base.

Oh there's plenty.

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Hobbit

The Last of the Mohicans

The Godfather

Dracula (various)

The Maltese Falcon

Schindler's Ark, film titled Schindler's List

The few I have here is only starters.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
The Star Wars EU was very rich and was my favourite part of Star Wars, until Disney said no more

I've read books based on video games, The Witcher and Assassins Creed were alright.

Any to recommend in particular?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Oh there's plenty.

Harry Potter

The Lord of the Rings

The Hobbit

The Last of the Mohicans

The Godfather

Dracula (various)

The Maltese Falcon

Schindler's Ark, film titled Schindler's List

The few I have here is only starters.
I think you may have misunderstood, friend. It's books based on movies, not the other way around.

The Star Wars EU was very rich and was my favourite part of Star Wars, until Disney said no more

I've read books based on video games, The Witcher and Assassins Creed were alright.

Any to recommend in particular?
Personally I just read scripts, not novels. But I also write.
So I have no novels to recommend other than the phantom menace. It's much better than the film.

I mostly write short scripts but I'm brainstorming now for my first feature film.
Could translate the story to a novel too.. if there were a market.

IDK how on earth I would get anyone to read a book if I wrote one standalone.
It's almost impossible to get people to watch a short film and I can only imagine reading a book is 10x more difficult.

Master of My Domain
I've tried reading the book version of the Indiana Jones series. Three pages in I knew the entirety was going to be poorly-written crap, so I stopped and did something else.

I've read the 3 AvP novels, "Prey", "Hunter's Planet" and "War". Not bad, but nothing special. Really just for hardcore fans and written for prepubescent boys more than anything.