Movies Your Parents Hate But You Love

Tools    

Say what again mother f**ker!
This is a theme in my house my Mother and Father usually hate my movies and I hate theirs. Here’s an example of some they hate and I love.

Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
Blow Out
Kill Bill (only my Dad)
Jackie Brown

You know it would just be easier to say just about every dark film

every slasher/horror movie i own, which tallies up to about 40-50 movies

they hate basicly every Scorsese movie and all the horror movies that i love.

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
The Boondock Saints
Fight Club
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

When I was a teenager I would watch Stephen King movies and slasher movies. They thought I was messed up in the head for liking these kind of movies.

My parents usually like the movies I force on them (even the 'weird' ones like Svankmajer's Faust). Sometimes their reactions are lukewarm (my mom didn't really get into Miller's Crossing and my dad didn't think too much of Stranger Than Paradise), but I honestly can't think of any movies that I loved and my parents outright hated.

I can think of a few that they loved and I hated, however. Dogma is the really excruciating one.

Lesbian Locksmiths - My parents weren't too fond of this one.

The Cook The thief The Wife and Her Lover - My parents were like, "What the, huh?"
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Mophead
This is a theme in my house my Mother and Father usually hate my movies and I hate theirs. Here’s an example of some they hate and I love.

Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
Blow Out
Kill Bill (only my Dad)
Jackie Brown

You know it would just be easier to say just about every dark film
and I'm just curious what are some that you hate but your parents love?

oh and I don't really know. My parents ain't really into movies like I am, outside of just watching casually for whatever is on.

*edit* though I think I get my love of movies from my grandpa, who literally sits and watches westerns all day whenever he can. I remember as far back whenever I went to their house I had to suffer through westerns being on the TV all the time. Eventually it wore off. Now I love em' to death.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Say what again mother f**ker!
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
and I'm just curious what are some that you hate but your parents love?
Well...

Pearl Harbor
The Titanic
Armageddon
The Patriot
Independence Day

those are only a few

And this is my BOOMstick!
american pie movies
ALL horror movies
donnie darko

My parents are actually pretty cool and like most of the same movies I do…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My Parents hate 8 mile but i didnt find it that bad!

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by bubbles256
My Parents hate 8 mile but i didnt find it that bad!
I actually bought the DVD because I was a huge Eminem fan, it's ok for 1-2 views but after that it just gets dull.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
My parents are actually pretty cool and like most of the same movies I do…
mine do too...they know that we see a lot of films and always wait for a recommendation from me before they go see anything

Oddly enough, my parents can't stand Pirates of The Carribean. This perplexes me, as I cannot understand ANYONE disliking this movie. They seem to manage to prove their stupidity at every turn. They also hate almost every smart comedy and martial arts flick I take pride in enjoying.

I can't think of any offhand that my parents HATE but that I LOVE, but there are a great many I enjoyed that they thought were terrible; Moulin Rouge! and Requiem for a Dream are the most notable ones which come to mind.

Originally Posted by IgnoranceIsBliss
They seem to manage to prove their stupidity at every turn.
"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
-- Mark Twain

If a movie had any nudity in it whatsoever my parents hated it. Funny that my Dad used to think that violent westerns were great though. That and he used to keep a copy of Playboy under his mattress; heh didnt think I knew that did'ya Dad? Mom knew too .

Originally Posted by Nitzer
I actually bought the DVD because I was a huge Eminem fan, it's ok for 1-2 views but after that it just gets dull.
yeh it does get boring i just passed my copy ontto my brother