The Meg 2: The Trench

Tools    

The trick is not minding
In a Pre-Pandemic world where Gen Z soy boys were dormant, this movie would've done ALOT better marketed properly and you and I and the rest of the herd can agree to disagree to ad nauseum over it, but it is true..
Care to offer how it should have been marketed? Because I felt it was marketed just fine. Also care to explain what your first sentence has to do with the marketing campaign to begin with?
Also, if we’re using that excuse, it’s not a post pandemic thing. Welcome to 20 years ago.

As Yoda has already mentioned, you already championed this film as a major blockbuster winner, so you obviously didn’t question its marketing at that time. You now seem to be flailing a bit, throwing darts to see what sticks in your reasoning on why it failed.

Top Gun and Mission impossible have done well, and I’d say it’s aimed at the same demographic, correct? So what could have gone wrong with The Meg 2?
Is it possible that perhaps the movie just stinks? Or maybe it’s too much shark 🦈 movies in the past decade have led to ambivalence from the audience?

Soy boy?

Not surprising someone who can't think beyond box office returns, also can't think up their own insults.

Let me guess, you also got 'sheeple' loaded in that hack cannon of yours

BKB
Care to offer how it should have been marketed? Because I felt it was marketed just fine. Also care to explain what your first sentence has to do with the marketing campaign to begin with?
Also, if we’re using that excuse, it’s not a post pandemic thing. Welcome to 20 years ago.

As Yoda has already mentioned, you already championed this film as a major blockbuster winner, so you obviously didn’t question its marketing at that time. You now seem to be flailing a bit, throwing darts to see what sticks in your reasoning on why it failed.

Top Gun and Mission impossible have done well, and I’d say it’s aimed at the same demographic, correct? So what could have gone wrong with The Meg 2?
Is it possible that perhaps the movie just stinks? Or maybe it’s too much shark 🦈 movies in the past decade have led to ambivalence from the audience?
I already offered a reason 5 minutes ago and this dumbass website just deleted my comment, so **** this

Your last post was removed because, like most of your responses now, it devolved into a political rant. That's against the rules, which I'm guessing you've never read (they're linked on every page of the site).

More to the point, these rants are clearly being used to dodge arguments. You didn't give a reason, you gave an excuse ("marketing") that, as several people have pointed out, clearly doesn't account for being an incredible $70 million off. And even if it did, you guaranteed its success with zero qualifiers, and then doubled down on that guarantee when it was questioned.

So yeah, when you post a bunch of obvious blustery guarantees, you obviously can't make excuses after the fact. You want all the fake clout of a confident prediction without any of the blowback when it turns out to be completely wrong.

There's no way this was making that much money
Yeah, it never was. It was always ridiculous to think this would make as much money in one weekend as the first film made in its entire domestic run. Everyone here knew it was ridiculous, and we were just patiently waiting for reality to come around and smack down all the obviously performative confidence.

The sad thing is, there was no vicarious glory to be had in the first place. Hyping a movie arbitrarily and then having it do well isn't impressive. Why would it be? That success doesn't reflect back on the armchair analysts. But the failure sure does.

A system of cells interlinked
This is the final warning when it comes to ridiculous meltdowns about entire generations or various political ideologies, which are again against the clearly defined site rules which are, as pointed out, linked at the bottom of every page. In plain old military speak: Shape up or ship out. Any further infractions will result in a 3-day temp ban, followed by a permanent ban on subsequent infractions.

I kind of liked the movie because I wanted some midless action fun, which is what it is. It never pretended to be anything it wasnt. This thread, however, is more entertaining than the movie was.