Whats a good movie your wholesome Grandparents could watch?

Tools    

My mum watches only horror and she's seen probably thousands of horror films.So she would enjoy any new horror flick
My father's taste and mine are most alike - he's the reason why I watched Kill Bills and Leon instead of Titanic and Lion King when I was younger. He likes There Will Be Blood and The Departed,I think he liked the new Bourne film,too.
My grandmother likes these cheesy fight movies with Seagal,Van Damme,Jackie Chan etc. Not sure what movie I'd recommend for her,maybe Expendables?
My grandfather doesn't watch films.

I can't wait to be a grandparent, I'm going to be so unwholesome !

I agree with you. Im old enough to be a grandmother now and believe me... I got some very strange taste in films. I wonder when Im 70 (which is still a long way off), will I be the same?

Me: "hey Grandma, what you watching?"
Grandchild: "Now listen, you cant watch this with Grandma so be a good girl and go in your room to play"
Daughter: "Mom, what are you watching?"
Me: "My Criterion copy of "Salo"".

Not as easy to come up with titles for old folks as it is for adults or kids. Their sensibilities are not as desensitized as ours, they can distinguish a good film from a bad though, but abhor excessive gore, vulgarity, & sex.

Your wholesome Grandpa type wouldnt like The Departed, but might like Taken. Taken has more "class" to an elderly person compared to a movie thats more authentic like Departed. Action movies are great if theres no excessive gore.

Love stories are great for Granny, but no excessive sex. If the F word is flying about freely, no matter how good the movie, its a big fail with Granny. Probably Grandpa too.

Any suggestions?

Heres a few from me.

A Serbian Film

...I kid, I kid

I agree with you. Im old enough to be a grandmother now and believe me... I got some very strange taste in films. I wonder when Im 70 (which is still a long way off), will I be the same?

Me: "hey Grandma, what you watching?"
Grandchild: "Now listen, you cant watch this with Grandma so be a good girl and go in your room to play"
Daughter: "Mom, what are you watching?"
Me: "My Criterion copy of "Salo"".
lol. I've been saying since my 20's that I can't wait to see and hear the old peoples homes of 50 years from now. Nirvana and NIN blaring out, people playing air guitar with thein walking sticks, whistles and glo-sticks down the hall and people with smilie faces all over their walls.

lol. I've been saying since my 20's that I can't wait to see and hear the old peoples homes of 50 years from now. Nirvana and NIN blaring out, people playing air guitar with thein walking sticks, whistles and glo-sticks down the hall and people with smilie faces all over their walls.
Maybe when my granddaughter becomes a teenager, I will corrupt her with films. All kinds of films. My daughter finds it annoying now, just wait!

I am the Watcher in the Night
LOL now that would be something!

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I guess, "Let the bodies hit the floor" would have a whole new meaning....

And please my generation when we get old can we not wear clothes only in all the shades of beige!

Indeed. 1970's rock already has become something middle aged people listen to, young people these days either listen to rap or metal.