Song Tournament 14

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Losers
Blame It On the Boogie - The Jacksons
Breakout - Swing Out Sister
So close but still so disappointing.

The Semi-Finals

The Supremes – Baby Love vs The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side)
The Beach Boys - God Only Knows vs The Turtles - Happy Together

The Supremes – Baby Love vs The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side)

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows vs The Turtles - Happy Together

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Semi-Finals

Losers
The Supremes – Baby Love
The Turtles - Happy Together

(Since LukeyMomos's vote should only count in the case of a tie breaker, I did not count it)

Thing is, though -- in Miss Vicky's defense -- if the score was 6 to 5 in favor of Beach Boys, if Honeykid had voted for "Happy Together" it would have been tied and the tie-breaking vote from Lukey would have caused "Happy Together" to win. That's if HK had voted for "Happy Together" (my suspicion is he would have). He didn't get to vote in the Semi-Finals.

Well... it hadn't really been 24 hours... but I can't say anything, I'm known for speedy rounds myself.

Master of My Domain
The Bakcstreet... I mean Beach Boys! God Only Knows.

I've been voting against Break on Through most of the tournament, but the fact is that it's one of my favorite songs. The other song isn't even that good, and it's still been nominated so many times. If The Doors don't win this match, it'd be a disgrace to the forum!

The Doors!

Thing is, though -- in Miss Vicky's defense -- if the score was 6 to 5 in favor of Beach Boys, if Honeykid had voted for "Happy Together" it would have been tied and the tie-breaking vote from Lukey would have caused "Happy Together" to win. That's if HK had voted for "Happy Together" (my suspicion is he would have). He didn't get to vote in the Semi-Finals.
HK once told me he thought "God Only Knows" was one of the greatest songs of all-time. So I'm pretty sure he would have gone with Beach Boys.

HK once told me he thought "God Only Knows" was one of the greatest songs of all-time. So I'm pretty sure he would have gone with Beach Boys.
It'd be an extremely tough choice as I love both, but it almost certainly would've been God Only Knows for the reason that Swan says. It really is one of the greatest songs of all time.

Either of these songs is a great champion. I've gone with the one I love the most, but I think God Only Knows is the better song.