Skepsis' 100

→ in
Tools    

Big thumbs up for Up, The Breakfast Club and Kinsey.

As for the most recent set, I didn't care for The Artist or Punch Drunk Love and haven't seen the others. Nice list so far though.

Enjoying the list and the quotes are a nice touch, take.s me back into the movie
Big thumbs up for Up, The Breakfast Club and Kinsey.

As for the most recent set, I didn't care for The Artist or Punch Drunk Love and haven't seen the others. Nice list so far though.
Thanks guys.

I won't be able to put up a set tomorrow so I'm gonna do an extra one tonight, I think.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
The Artist and Punch Drunk Love I liked without finding them to be anything really special. Loved Pleasantville, and like you Cool Runnings is a real childhood favourite. Love the film and love some of the memories it brings back. Back in the day it seemed to be one of those films that everyone watched when it was on TV, so the next day at school you'd have all the kids doing their best Jamaican accents. You haven't lived until you've heard a bunch of incredibly white Scottish kids talking in a Jamaican accent all day! Ya man!

Chinatown is another of those films that I just have no affection for, certainly not after its first viewing. A large part of that is likely down to Jack Nicholson's involvement.

like you Cool Runnings is a real childhood favourite. Love the film and love some of the memories it brings back. Back in the day it seemed to be one of those films that everyone watched when it was on TV, so the next day at school you'd have all the kids doing their best Jamaican accents. You haven't lived until you've heard a bunch of incredibly white Scottish kids talking in a Jamaican accent all day! Ya man!
This. All day long. Except think Brummie kids rather than Scottish ones. And my mom.

I had that in both places.
Lived in Scotland when it came out but then had to endure it on school summer holidays in Shropshire too.

Plus my Name is Doug... I got called Doug E Doug for about a year.

There's two I've seen from that set: Chinatown which is one of my all time favourites and Cool Runnings which I haven't seen for a while but I recall was not that great, but really enjoyable fun, a good choice

I had that in both places.
Lived in Scotland when it came out but then had to endure it on school summer holidays in Shropshire too.

Plus my Name is Doug... I got called Doug E Doug for about a year.
I wouldn't have had you pegged for a Doug, but it makes perfect sense. I'ma call you Doug E from now on.

85. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
David Yates, 2011
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson & Rupert Grint

"I never wanted any of you to die for me."

I loved the finale, unlike most of the other films, but in a way this inclusion
is more about recognizing the cultural touchstone that the whole Harry Potter franchise has become for me.

84. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Joel & Ethan Coen, 2000
George Clooney, John Turturro & Tim Blake Nelson

"Damn! We're in a tight spot!"

83. The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
Luis Buñuel, 1972
Fernando Rey, Delphine Seyrig & Paul Frankeur

"You're better suited for making love than for making war."

82. Monsters, Inc.
Pete Docter, David Silverman & Lee Unkrich, 2001
John Goodman, Billy Crystal & Mary Gibbs

"Kids these days. They just don't get scared like they used to."

81. Dead Poets Society
Peter Weir, 1989
Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard & Ethan Hawke

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."

Nice picks, Skepsis. Chinatown is my definite fav so far, and Punch-Drunk Love and The Artist are both great choices. Seeing Monsters, Inc. with my grandpa is one of my earliest memories of going to the movies.

Nice picks, Skepsis. Chinatown is my definite fav so far, and Punch-Drunk Love and The Artist are both great choices. Seeing Monsters, Inc. with my grandpa is one of my earliest memories of going to the movies.
Thanks, man. I guess Pixar is responsible for a lot of early movie-going memories of young people. I think my first memory of the movies might be Toy Story 2. Monsters, Inc. is also special to me in that kind of way because it was the very first film we took my little sister to see at the cinema. I remember that day pretty vividly, for some reason.

I've not seen O' Brother... since it's release, but I liked it. Monster's Inc is fantastic and the only Pixar that I love.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
O Brother... and Monsters Inc I love. Both also on my list. Not seen Discreet Charm or Dead Poet's Society, though I've been meaning to watch the latter for a while. The Harry Potter films I'm not a huge fan of, despite the fact I have seen all of them. The first couple were fun in a kiddy kind of way, the next two I felt were definitely the best. After that though my interest waned, I just felt they became so talky and dull.

for O Brother, Where art Thou? and Monsters Inc. I think Dead Poets is incredibly cheesy and not at all emotionally powerful. The suicide scene was so overly dramatic. I want to see Discreet Charm

for O Brother, Where art Thou? and Monsters Inc. I think Dead Poets is incredibly cheesy and not at all emotionally powerful. The suicide scene was so overly dramatic. I want to see Discreet Charm
I personally prefer The Exterminating Angel to Discreet Charm (they're similar), but my favorite Bunuel has to be Belle de Jour.

the list except Happy Gilmore just can't get into it

I personally prefer The Exterminating Angel to Discreet Charm (they're similar), but my favorite Bunuel has to be Belle de Jour.
Aside from Un Chien Andalou, Charm is the only Bunuel I've seen, I've been meaning to check those two and a few others out.

Thanks to all who have +repped and commented thus far.