Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Watched "Project X" last night. Easy enough to watch but not a great film by any means. Acting was not very good at all.

5/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

It's mad how old some of those films are... yet most of them still hold up today.

Dumbo is definitely my fave of the Classics... Snow White second...

Mister Frost: Jeff Goldblum is the Devil... or is he? Surprisingly strong start but then it begins losing steam around the halfway mark. Overall it's a decent/watchable psych thriller. Goldblum is intense and definitely the highlight here. If you hate him, I doubt this one willl change your mind but for fans I feel it's worth a watch for his performance alone.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The hunger games - 8/10
Catch me if you can - 6/10

Jailbait

This film could have been an interesting story of how things can be inside all female prisons with inmates that are in their late teens but so much of this film just doesn't make a great deal of sense. I am unsure of how the prisons works so bare with me but I don't understand the following:

• Why a man was the warden of an all female prison
  • Why there were no women on the prisons parole board
  • Why there were mail guards supervising some scenes of showering
  • Why no guards at some moments of the film were supervising showing
  • Why the main actress did not wear a bra
Now please let me explain the last point. There is a lot of nudity in this film of women and it does not hold back of showing it, almost every ten minutes you are shown full female nudity including scenes in solitary confinement. There was just no reason for the level of nudity involved except to titillate the audience.

If things were altered this could have been a great gritty film, instead it is called a "coming of age movie" and this film does not deserve to be given that.

My rating: 3/10

Robocop (2014) 7.5/10

Holy crap! 1950?

Older than I thought...

Although, Dumbo was made in 1941... 73 years!!
I personally find that animated films don't age like live action films do in certain ways. The strong color contrasts make them look "new" even though they are over half a century old.

At last got to see "Captain Phillips" tonight. WOW. Albeit a bit slow to get going it was still a great film. Suspense was good. Acting was brilliant by Barkhad Abdi and Tom Hanks. Actually thought it was one of Hanks' best ever performances, especially the last scene. Very emotional and realistic.

However, can only give it 8/10 as it did feel as if it was a bit too long and dragged out a bit. Understand the need for the backing story etc but was just a bit to bland early on.

Finished here. It's been fun.

North by Northwest
Not as good as Vertigo or Psycho but great nonetheless. It's a bit clunky in some parts, but it's still one of the best adventure films ever.

Cheap Thrills

Tense, funny, original, and the cast is great. A must see if you like dark, twisted comedy. My wife would not admit she liked it, but she laughed the whole way through.

The Hunger Games, 4/5. There was a lot to take me out of what was going on, and actually the "games" themselves weren't as interesting as I thought they'd be, but Jennifer Lawrence's acting carried everything along nicely. There were a few other roles that were decent, but I really think she carried the whole film. I might actually want to own the new one when it comes out on the 7th. We'll see.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Enemy(Neprijatelj):

It is Serbian movie,one of best that came out of my country.Thriller,drama and horror,I really enjoyed it,story was good,plot twist,mystery,just epic,acting was good,dialog was perfect and I thing their reactions to situation was human and I thought I would react in the same way after something like that,atmosphere is good.Guys just don't think I'm talking good about this movie because I'm from Serbia...It was honestly very good movie.
Verdict: 9/10

Here is movie with subtitles if someone is interesting,I recommend it.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The 400 Blows
One of the best depictions of childhood ever. Its about a young kid who turns to crime and bad behavior. The movie doesn't condemn his behavior, nor does the film try to make him overly sympathetic either.It's an unbiased depiction of childhood. It's well filmed, realistic, and the score was light and slightly nostalgic.

There Will Be Blood

Shockingly, I adore this film as much as I did on my first viewing, 6 years ago.

I just love movies like this, where a large portion of it is centered on a single character, and how different events change (or don't change) him or her, typically for the worse.

My God, can Daniel Day-lewis f****** act or what? You can't get a much better performance out anyone than what he did with his character. One of the most excellent and elite displays of acting I have ever seen.

Of course, it would be criminal to not give credit to Paul Dano, who technically played 2 different characters. I had such a bizarre reaction to his character; half of me enjoyed seeing this quivering priest get "buried" under mud by Daniel, but the other half of me felt bad for him (people who have watched this will know why).

This is my first and, to this day, only Paul Thomas Anderson movie, and if his other movies are even close to as good as this, then I really need to check them out.

9.5/10
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood