In The Flesh

Tools    

I found this BBC mini-series about a week ago and I am hooked!

I'm not sure if any of you guys have heard of this show but it's basically about zombies. . . but there's a twist of course! The story is set in the fictional northern English village of Rawton, several years after 'the rising' when the recently deceased rose from their graves and hunted the living. I know what you thinking, this is just a typical zombie apocalypse series. . .but it isn't! After a period of conflict between living and undead, some clever scientists figure out a way to restore the 'rotters' to their normal state . . kind of. These 'Partially Deceased Syndrome' (PDS) sufferers talk normally, walk normally and basically act normally, except they are still dead. They cannot eat as their organs do not work and they appear ghostly white as blood no longer flows through their veins. We follow the story of a young man named Keiran who must overcome discrimination from his village to try and fit back into society and get on with his life.

The sad thing about this series is that there are only 9 episodes, with the 3rd season recently cancelled due to budget cuts.

Anyway, I encourage you all to check out this obscure, funny and powerful series and maybe you will be hooked too!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I LOVE In the Flesh. The first series I thought was near perfect, there were a few things in the second I didn't like so much or seemed to repeat the first, but overall it was still amazing.

I LOVE In the Flesh. The first series I thought was near perfect, there were a few things in the second I didn't like so much or seemed to repeat the first, but overall it was still amazing.
I know what you mean. The first season was short but brilliant then there were a few blunders in the second season that just made me cringe. I just watched the last episode (I was trying to put it off because I knew it was the last one and I was trying to make it all last longer) and they left it wide open for the next season . . but then the bastards went and cancelled it. We will probably never find out what happened to . ..
WARNING: "In The Flesh S2 E6" spoilers below
Amy

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I know! I wanted to know what happened to her. But at the same time, I worry that if they had made a third series it might not have been as good quality.

I know! I wanted to know what happened to her. But at the same time, I worry that if they had made a third series it might not have been as good quality.
True. The 2nd series did feel a bit drawn out (maybe 6 episodes was a few too many?) but I did enjoy the final episode (except what happened to Amy).

WARNING: "In The Flesh S2 E6" spoilers below
I think what will/would have happened in the third series is that those people who dug Amy up would have experimented on her (she probably comes back to life aswell) and Kieran will probably turn human and try to find her when he discovers her grave has been dug up