All known movies coming out with a reboot or sequel

Tools    

Since there are so many I thought we should have an official thread (I didn't see one already made) posting and discussing all the movies that are coming out either as a reboot/remake or sequel.

Pumpkinhead (reboot)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (reboot)
The House at The End of Time (US remake)
Pet Sematary (reboot)
The Orphanage (US remake)
Dirty Dancing (reboot)
An American Werewolf in London (reboot)
Drop Dead Fred (reboot)
The NeverEnding Story (reboot)
War Games (reboot)
Time Bandits (reboot)
The Birds (reboot)
Creature from The Black Lagoon (reboot)
American Psycho (reboot)
House Party (reboot)
Scarface (reboot)
Gremlins 3 (sequel)
Jumanji (reboot)
Battle Royale (US remake)
Overboard (reboot)
Beetlejuice 2 (sequel)
Hancock 2 (sequel)
The Mummy (reboot)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 (sequel)
Jacob's Ladder (reboot)
Blade Runner (reboot)
Stargate (reboot)
Angel Heart (reboot)
Clue (reboot)
Spawn (reboot)
Beverly Hills Cop 4 (sequel)
Masters of The Universe (reboot)
Sister Act (reboot)
Troll Hunter (US remake)

Here's a list I found on imdb and it's a doozy.

I CANNOT SAY THIS ENOUGH,STOP REMAKING ALREADY GOOD MOVIES-REMAKE MOVIES WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THEM FOR THE BETTER-ONES THAT HAD FLAWES OR WASNT SUCCESSFULL FOR WHATEVER REASON. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd

For anybody who remembers the Road House reboot starring Ronda Rousey and directed by Nick Cassevettes being announced, I'm pretty sure that's been shelved.

There was also so much talk about a buffy movie with a new younger cast,anyone know its thats something they`re still trying to do or has it been completely abandoned? id love a buffy movie but only with the original cast.

For anybody who remembers the Road House reboot starring Ronda Rousey and directed by Nick Cassevettes being announced, I'm pretty sure that's been shelved.
I guess in this case a women getting beaten up was a good thing.

How do you remake American Psycho and why?

Spawn needs a reboot.

Some of them have me feeling a bit conflicted. I really want to see what they're capable of achieving with today's technology but can't shake the feeling that they'll still turn out craptastic. I don't have anything against remakes for the most part, I mean sure the industry is currently saturated with them but let's be honest, we want to see modernized versions of a lot of these. I know I do. It would just be nice to see them handled with more care. But movies like House Party? That I don't see necessary to reboot. I only see it featuring actors that are hollow versions of the originals. On top of that, I don't think the same vibe that made a movie like that so great is able to be captured today.

There was also so much talk about a buffy movie with a new younger cast,anyone know its thats something they`re still trying to do or has it been completely abandoned? id love a buffy movie but only with the original cast.
Be careful what you wish for. Every remake/reboot I've seen has Fran Rubel Kuzui and Kaz Kuzui creatively involved and no involvement from Whedon. Have you seen the original Buffy movie?

No thanks to Clue and Time Bandits reboot/remake.

Also why does some say reboot and others remakes? what's the difference? I've always thought a reboot is where you start a triology or series all over, yet a lot of these aren't series.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
That list makes me depressed. Hollywood is in a sorry state.

Be careful what you wish for. Every remake/reboot I've seen has Fran Rubel Kuzui and Kaz Kuzui creatively involved and no involvement from Whedon. Have you seen the original Buffy movie?
I have but its along time ago so i dont remember it properly,just that it had dylan from beverly hills in it.

I knoow :/ i dont understand why they dont stick with what made things great in the first place (whedon).Also people seem to have it out for him with all the cancelled shows hes got.
Anyway,SMG has pretty much said enough times that a buffy movie isnt going to happen-and im not down for a new cast.

American Psycho (reboot)
This needs to be as different as Psycho 1960 is to American Psycho 2000
Battle Royale (US remake)
I don't expect improvement on original, but I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Jacob's Ladder (reboot)
Lots of room for improvement. For one it could be made less messy. For second scene aesthetics can be upgraded.

Master of My Domain
You forgot Ben-Hur, which will definitely flop due to a lack of general interest and hopefully give Hollywood a lesson.

We should also include upcoming movies based on licensed products like Video Games.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/video-game-movies/170757/49-video-game-movies-currently-in-development

Call me quixotic but I actually have hopes for the Sonic movie. For the shooter games not so much.