Your Favourite Beatles Song!!!

Tools    

There's no place like home
Hands down the Beatles are the best band EVER. They innovate like no one before them or since. They had the ability to sound different on almost each album they did. From the early Ed Sullivan days to the last heavy days of hard hitting metal rips and drug induced music. Not like most other bands that keep the same sound album after album. Take Van Halen for example. I love them. There stuff is awesome. But lets face it. It all has the same sound. As soon as you hear Eddie's guitar scream...you know its VH. They did have a little bit of a different sound when Haggar was leading but it was still Eddie's guitar that defined their sound. The Beatles on the other hand experimented with different instruments and different sounds. Risky...Hell yeah. They took a chance on loosing their Fab Four Faithful listeners, but they took the chance and gained some new listeners. And another thing...ask any band or musician who their influences were and 8 times out of ten they're gonna say the Beatles. Have you ever actually listens to Helter Skelter? Way, way, way ahead of their time. They dealt with love, hate, politics, religion, and just about every issue known to man. Then look at them after the split. George kept going. Paul gave birth to Wings (another great band on its own right - a lot of old Beatles sound, but great stuff never-the-less) and John...Oh what can I say about John. Listen to the words on Imagine. What genius! ....and Ringo...well there is always a Ringo in every band. I once read an article (I think it was Rolling Stone..not sure) that commented on each band members importance to the band. I quote (to the best of my memory) "What each member of the Beatles brought to the Beatles...George was the quite one, consumed in love and a higher power. He brought spirituality to the group. John was the literary genuis. He educated them all and he brought poetry and intelligence to the group. Paul was the pretty boy with the voice and a sense of woo. He brought harmony to the group. And Ringo...well Ringo played drums." I think thats about the way it went. Anyway you get the point. I hear so many bands today that carry that Beatles influence in their music (Jet being a perfect example), but to cap it all off. There never was and there will never be a band as great and as cool as and powerful and as historically placed as the Beatles (The Stones are a close second). And finally, if there ever was a positive and simple message delivered on the behalf of mankind and world peace just listen to “All You Need is Love" and "Give Peace a Chance“. Don’t it make the average intelligent person feel like an idiot. The answers to everything is so simple and elementary. The Beatles knew that. So my favorite Beatles tune....? Just can’t pin it down to one, but I can tell you this when my children were babies, I sang them to sleep with Golden Slumbers. I have a goat named Eleanor Rigby. I still have my original vinyl copies of Revolver, The White Album, Musical Mystery Tour, Abby Road, and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, but I have nothing to play them on. I do remember where I was the day Lennon died and I cried. I also cried when George died and when Linda died. AND on my wedding day, the organist was playing In My Life as I walked down the isle. The truth of the matter is that they could have played The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round, and I would have still loved it. Oh yeah, one of my very favorites is “Oh Darling’.

EVERY Beatles song is so good, but some of my favorites are
Hey Jude
Let It Be
Yesturday
Love Me Do
Im going to stop there because I would just end up naming all of their songs lol.

rhymes with Goebbels
A day in the Life

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by pasquala
Paul was the pretty boy with the voice and a sense of woo.

I just wanted to highlight that, in case people didn't read the whole post and missed that funny, quirky little setence.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by shirble
A day in the Life
Excellent choice! I always have a hard time deciding if A Day in the Life or In My Life is my favourite.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Is That Your Best?
Yesterday

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/MSakuro/me2.jpg

ORO
IN MY LIFE. It flows and ebbs perfectly.

2. HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN
3. FOOL ON THE HILL
4. SOMETHING
5. NORWEGIAN WOOD (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN)
6. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
7. HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE
8. FOR NO ONE
9. LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS
X. MEAN MR. MUSTARD

I am having a nervous breakdance
Even if In My Life and A Day in the Life probably are my two favourite Beatles songs Strawberry Fields Forever is the one with the most impressive and amazing production. Lennon made George Martin cut two versions with different tempo and different key together to one version, creating different moods in different verses. The first half is positive and warm, the second part is darker, precisely what Lennon was after. The great thing with the best Beatles songs is that all the members contributed to essential parts of the recording, no matter who initially wrote it. In Strawberry the mellotrone and bass playing by McCartney is fantastic, Harrison's sitar is groundbreaking as well as the backwards parts and Starr, perhaps the most underrated drummer in pop history, plays magnificent.

The Beatles together with George Martin created fantastic productions, even if the albums were uneven judging by the standard of the songs.

i love Blackbird so much meaning its an all time great

as my guitar gently weeps

I like Yellow Submarine... Ringo's voice is so wonderfully out of tune. Classic!

You're a Genius all the time
Okay, so this list changes an awful lot. But as of September 1st in this foul year of our lord, two thousand and eight, here are my ten favorite Beatles tunes...

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
The Golden Slumbers medley
I've Just Seen a Face
For No One
In My Life
And Your Bird Can Sing
If I Fell in Love With You
Piggies
You Won't See Me
Think For Yoursefl

And about a million more, of course, but I think maybe I should just stop at ten. I'm definitely considering reeling off like another twenty tracks right now.

Nah, I'll stop.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think there must be another similar thread because I'm sure I posted one and it's not in here, but I guess it could actually be anywhere.

Lets put a smile on that block
Abbey Road....coz thats where I live

(Is there an actual song called Abbey Road? I know theres the album. No worries if not, just wanted to do a bt of shameless boasting )

Top five with lots of memories:

Help!

She Loves You

Paperback Writer

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I Feel Fine

Also Penny Lane cos that's where I grew up, beneath the blue suburban skies. and where my brothers got their hair cut.

The new issue of Rolling Stone magazine ranks the songs of The Beatles. Here is their top ten...

1. "A Day in the Life"
2. "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
3. "Strawberry Fields Forever"
4. "Yesterday"
5. "In My Life"
6. "Something"
7. "Hey Jude"
8. "Let It Be"
9. "Come Together"
10. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra