Movies so bad they're good

Tools    

I recently watched The Psychotronic Man and while it did have some interesting and entertaining moments, it was definitely a so bad it's good movie. I'm curious if there are any other fans of those types of films here? Vanity projects that misfire tend to be some of the funniest.

For instance, look up "Cool as Ice" vanity project by Vanilla Ice from the 90's. Looks hilarious! Trying to find a copy so I can watch it. Anyhow, any good recommendations for some bad bad... GREAT movies?

God yes, there are many such movies for me. The one that always comes to mind first though is The Naked Face (1984).

The room with definitely make the list. Manos, my god, sitting through that was brutal.

My first thought was "Big Trouble in Little China," though it's different from many movies that are so bad they're good because its creators were actually going for that effect. Another that falls into that category is "Better Off Dead" with John Cusack

Another is a German film, "Der Monch mit der Peitsche," which was released in the U.S. as "The College Girl Murders." I'm not sure its creators were intentionally going for the same vibe but they hit it.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Aside from maybe The Room, which has a fleeting novelty to it, I've never really held the sentiment of something being "so bad, it's good," for instance, if I watch a Uwe Boll film, I don't think to myself, "so bad, it's good," I think to myself, it's so bad, then, I check myself out of said film. Same with most Asylum features, the Sharknado films, etc. Even films like Full Moon Features, which includes things like Gingerdead Man, etc., I watch them because I find at least something charming about them, but it isn't a "so bad, it's good" charm.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Death Wish III. Although that one is not godaweful persay. Fateful Findings and Asian School Girls are horribly bad, that you may find them good, especially Fateful Findings which is a contender for the most unprofessionally made movie ever.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Body double - this movie was referenced in American psycho the book or movie I can’t remember. Basically it’s a mix of rear window with a B grade sexual stalker type thing going on. It’s weird and so very B but enjoyable.

Also it’s a de Palma.

Body Double was actually good though, and too good for the so bad it's good category, IMO

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Body Double was actually good though, and too good for the so bad it's good category, IMO
At best it’s a good b movie. But even then it’s very strange but compelling because of the strange.

Land Of The Lost is so unfunny it's funny if that makes any sense...

I agree that Land of the Lost was funny in the sense because it was so dumb. You Don't Mess with the Zohan is also so dumb it's funny.

Give these a try. Its quite a nice list. I have the ignominy of watching 8 of them.

To me a film fits the 'so bad it's good' if it meets the following criteria.

1- it was not made with the express intention of being bad or bad in an ironic way.
2- it manages to still be entertaining despite everything that's wrong with it.
3- it's not just bad because of budget. Some of the best films I've seen are low budget, and I can forgive effects that have become dated or suffered from budget restraints, that just inspires creativity.

The Room is definitely my favourite of these because it is so self important and ends up being a gloriously disastrous ham fest.

Killjoy (2000) is the ultimate soo bad it's good movie, because all of the sequels probably had either equal or higher budgets and they are all terrible.