Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hall of Fame 2 or 3. I'd have to retrace my thoughts on that thread as it's definitely been awhile.
The 2nd. Just looked them up, man you really hated Stalker and i'm not sure why at least to the extent you do from your posts . You said you thought it was boring and that you couldn't connect with the characters then you questioned Guap for liking such a depressing film, then kept calling it a mess and saying it was terrible haha. I found the pacing hard to adjust to as well so i'm definitely with you there, but i found the idea of the zone and what it meant, and the characters we were watching enter it as well as the many who had befores intentions fascinating.

Man, i really felt terrible for Guap reading those posts. I'm sure his behaviour justified bluntness around that time because i know how frustrating he can be but some follow up posts (not from you) were really unneccesary IMO.

I know I hated the characters, and I kept looking at the clock.

I really liked The Sacrifice though from Tarkosky.
I thought all of the characters were very interesting while i was emotionally neutral towards them. I think each had very different outward goals and interpreting what they really desired and what the room would've given them if they entered has been one of the things i've thought about the most.

It's seriously probably in my bottom 30
Why? Again just wondering i know it's not an easy film and can certainly be frustrating, just curious if there's any specific reasons for you though.

American History X (1998)

This used to be one of my more revisited movies back in the day; at least in the drama department. But I haven't seen it in quite a while now. I was wondering whether it would hold up or not...

American History X is still one pretty extraordinary movie. On one hand, it has that Oscar drama approach going on for it, with a few shots and lines of dialogue feeling like classic, albeit good, dramatic filmmaking. But then on the other hand, there is a certain indie feel to it; it's also grittier despite being sentimental, and subtle despite having shots of clear cut importance. This is like a great drama in hiding. Some elements lead me to believe this isn't something too special, but it really is. Also, yes, Derek Vinyard is such a great character study. Of course, a lot of it thanks to Edward Norton. And the beautiful, direct use of black and white, working perfectly as visual flair for flashbacks, obvious symbolism for the subject matter, and great dramatic weight for the story. The ending wouldn't have been approved by a major studio wanting to make empty Oscar bait either. Oh man, how that one gutted me the first time. Still quite powerful...

I know one user happy about this...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
American History X (1998)
I know one user happy about this...
Make that two.

Suspect's Reviews

Highly recommended. It's on Netflix (US) if you enjoy overlooked female directors, period pieces, impeccable staging and shot composition, or good movies in general.

Well I'm not plan it at first and the director was not favorite of mine as two of his previous work fell short bcoz of I got jaded the shaky cam-gasm, but now he change to steady shots which is usually my cup of gingseng coffee

The wailing (2016)

The thing is, the more I invested my time by re-think it back, by confirm more detail, seek some metaphorical meaning, read ppl analysis, the more I trapped in limbo of uncertainty lol.
Whether I end up contradict myself by conclusion or the movie itself was contradicting lol

It's worthy......

I watched Arrival (2016) last night, and I can't say that I am really impressed. Maybe my hopes were too high, or maybe I've just seen way too many (sci-fi) films to be amazed by this one. The protagonist is the only one who can communicate with aliens on a somewhat personal level - I have a feeling I've already seen that somewhere before. (Contact 1997). You can call it an homage. I won't.

Regardless of that, what irritates me the most about the movie is the fact that they had to dumb it down and explain everything to the viewers by the end of it. You just sit there like a zombie and nod your head.
That is why I generally preferred Villeneuve's Enemy. It let you construct the story yourself with what you have instead of just telling you everything at the end.

Again, I don't know. Maybe I've seen too much

Welcome to the human race...
Resident Evil: Extinction -

Man, how many movies did I underrate in 2015?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Sniper: Special Ops (2016)

`When I saw this selection come up in Netflix, it was like being drawn to a train wreck. Sniper Seagal, really? How could you not?......

Sucker! What did I expect anyway? The lack of urgency was mind boggling, particularly in what is supposed to be the most stressful situations imaginable. Can you say lackluster?

Seagal has a small role as a "sniper" left behind with a wounded spotter. Only 3 sniper shots are fired by Seagal, the rest of the time he spray-and-prays his assault rifle...

I am a Seagal fan from way back and really really hoped he could make something out of this, but frankly he comes off like a tool.

He does have a small role, they keep cutting back to him and his spotter in the room, where he makes pretentious remarks and randomly shoots out his window.

I would like to see him eating a big bowl of soup every time they cut back to that scene-- that would turn the movie around for me.

It was truly awful.

1 enemy-with-balaclava-popping-out-of-bushes out of 5