Superman vs Magneto

Tools    

If Superman and Magneto fought, Magnus would incase Supes in a planet of pure metal so dense he couldn't bust out. He would also squeeze Supes cojones in a metal vise.

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
I think Magneto would win, he's way to smart to be beaten by Supes, Before he actually fought him he would know all about him, he would kill him if needed but probably not.

It could alter by where they fought. In a city Magneto could easily buy time to pull off his master schemes by just putting some peoples life in threat, like throw a bus or two.

-When in doubt, Kill it

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by CujoLink
I think Magneto would win, he's way to smart to be beaten by Supes, Before he actually fought him he would know all about him, he would kill him if needed but probably not.

It could alter by where they fought. In a city Magneto could easily buy time to pull off his master schemes by just putting some peoples life in threat, like throw a bus or two.

Superman can move almost at the speed of thought. He thinks about doing something and executes it almost as fast. For example:

Superman can go up into space, out of Magneto's sight completely, Magneto would have no idea where he would be. Superman could see the hairs on Magneto's arm from space. In half a second, Superman could fly in, crush Magneto, and be in the North Pole making lunch before Magneto could think of the wry quip he usually throws out before smashing someone. Magneto's powers are somewhat limited as well in comparison to Supes, who has a variety of powers, one being almost complete invulnerability. Superman thinks, moves, and reacts on a different level. His perception of time is different. Many times I have seen a scene where a wind is felt, and people are looking around wondering just where that wind came from. Meanwhile Supes has been by, done a few tasks and moved on. As Superman approached (once or twice, breeched) the speed of light, relativity suggests time would appear to slow and stop for him. Magneto on the other hand would lurch and putter about wondering why he is wearing a tutu all of a sudden. He would then pass out from a small air implosion next to his ear, perhaps created by superman applauding his new get-up. Next thing he knows he is waking up in a plastic prison on the planet Bleen. It should only take him about 3 light years to get back.

Magneto rocks, but these are apples and oranges here...

Feed me breadcrumbs
You took all the fun out of this thread.

Originally Posted by Creed
You took all the fun out of this thread.

I did? bummer, was it not a Supes vs Magneto discussion?

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
Well........Magneto has a helmet

If magneto was on any planet with metal he is unstoppable because he could create and magnetic forcefield around his body that is unbreakable. I believe magneto is smarter and would have too much power with all of the metal around him and would stick KYRPTONITE or what ever it is up supermans butt and create a huge metal bat and hit him to the depths of space. But if superman was in space and so was magneto superman would kick his butt.

As much as I dislike him, Superman would probably win.

history *is* moralizing
but but but... does Superman have metal particles in his blood too? if yes, he's lost, s. comicbooks for reference!

Galactus would smite them both

But see, this doesn't make sense, as you can't kill anyone or do anything when time is stopped. Superman is an alien and percieves time differently than humans or mutants (unless said mutant has time slowing/changing capabilities as well ie proteus). It all comes down to whether or not Mags would have kryptonite. If he didn't, his magnetic powers (controlling magnetic fields/waves) would have no effect on a creature of such foreign density of mass. As we have been shown in both the films and the comics, there is not enough metal in blood for magneto to manipulate, hence mystique injecting the tubby guard with a bunch of metal, which could of course never happen to superman. It's one fo the reasons I am not a big Superman fan. He is just too strong. He would still win easily, every time vs an old man who lurches and putters about. At this point in time in the comics, Magneto is actually dead, and won't be beating anyone. I'm sure they will bring him back sonner or later though, as they do with EVERY character that ever dies in (marvel) comics (boooooooo).

Lets put a smile on that block
Magento would so win! Iv'e met him, (in case no one knew )and even though his arm is around me, i felt in awe of his immense power...he is the Almighty....When i left his company, all my credit cards were wiped and i couldnt get home from London. plus he had sneekly bent my car keys...the swine.

Look at those magnetic fingers! Immense!

May The Forks be With Us
magento would kill superman within minutes. magneto would find a big deposite of kryptonite in metal rocks and bring it down on superman before he could think and superman would die a terrible death. But i also think that batman could kill them both. Batman is the best superhero because he thinks on his feet and doesnt need any superhuman powers.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
magento would kill superman within minutes. magneto would find a big deposite of kryptonite in metal rocks and bring it down on superman before he could think and superman would die a terrible death. But i also think that batman could kill them both. Batman is the best superhero because he thinks on his feet and doesnt need any superhuman powers.
Flawed Logic. It's not like Magneto has any special powers except his magnetic personality (hehe) he could throw cars or whatever at Superman, but Superman could punch through the damn things, or simply throw them back. If Magneto even left himself open for a brief second Superman would take advantage of it and beat magneto to dust. And for Magneto to find the kryptonite it would take him a little while.. Because i'm sure he'd have to go to krypton to get it.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Magneto would own Superman, for there is so many ways to kill superman, magneto could make giant tractor full of kyrptonite and throw it at him. But in the end its a comic so super man would some how win.