Whats the best movie ending of all time?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Blow Out has a good ending that isn't a cop out...

Chinatown is my favorite ending ever....

The Empire Strikes Back had a decent twist

Oldboy was good stuff at the end...

I like the ending of The Hudsucker Proxy

V for Vendetta

Originally Posted by Mad-Man
WARNING: "Fallen" spoilers below
"Fallen" immediatly comes to mind. The bad guy actually wins, and you never see it coming, I mean, come on, how often does Denzel Washington as the good guy actually lose in a movie?
Yesss. The first time I saw that movie and then the ending. . .I thought I was imagining things O_o Seriously, how often does that happen?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by abandonedimages
Yesss. The first time I saw that movie and then the ending. . .I thought I was imagining things O_o Seriously, how often does that happen?
Why, it happens a lot! Check these out:

Se7en
Chinatown
The Usual Suspects
Basic Instinct
Angel Heart
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
(Another GREAT ending to a film)
Vertigo
Oceans Eleven
Blow Out

Hmm, haven't we listed these before? I think Holden had a few more I hadn't seen, or can't remember right now... Body Heat maybe...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Sedai
Why, it happens a lot! Check these out:

Se7en
Chinatown
The Usual Suspects
Basic Instinct
Angel Heart
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
(Another GREAT ending to a film)
Vertigo
Oceans Eleven
Blow Out

Hmm, haven't we listed these before? I think Holden had a few more I hadn't seen, or can't remember right now... Body Heat maybe...
French Connection

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
French Connection
Aaaah, the "last shot" we hear off in the distance in the dark warehouse. Who took it? Popeye? Did he hit anybody? Was it suicide? Is he shooting at shadows in frustration? Did he endanger another brother officer? Terrific bit of ambiguity that Friedkin layered in there...back when Billy Freidkin wasn't just a freakin' hack.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Alien
Aliens
The Shining
Ed Wood

I am half agony, half hope.
Se7en was great, and The Crying Game had me too.

Johann von Goethe

Welcome to the human race...
Damn, I must see Chinatown...

My favourites are...

Scarface
The Wild Bunch
A Better Tomorrow 2
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Brazil
The Warriors
Twelve Monkeys
This Is Spinal Tap
Repo Man
Apocalypse Now

I'd have to go with The Sixth Sense

Randomly visiting for now
The best endings in my books are;

The Sixth Sense (forces you to think back through the movie in a flash and become consumed with the idea that you could have seen it coming)
Fight Club (twisted to perfection)
The Shawshank Redemption (music + leadup + final shot)
Ocean's 11 (fun and exactly what the audience wanted, but because they couldn't see how it could work they loved it all the more)
Gladiator (the music echoes in the mind of the person watching, beautiful sound mixing right to the very end)

Fight Club probably has my favorite ending. But the ending to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is classic.

Relax, this won't hurt a bit...
I would have to say the original Rat Pack Ocean's 11. I'm still shocked that the greatest punchline in the movie was left out of the remake.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by nebbit
I really agree with that one. A nice ending to a nice film

WARNING: "The Empire Strikes Back" spoilers below
I'm going to be dull and predictable and say The Empire Strikes Back. It's not just the feeling of hope that everything will be all right, but also the final shot of the Rebel Fleet coming together, gathering their forces for battle (at least that's what I think they're doing). But you gotta wait til Return of the Jedi for that

[EDIT]
WARNING: "Back to the Future: Part 3" spoilers below

Oh, actually, I'll add Back to the Future: Part 3. Who cares if Doc Brown contradicted the last 3 hours by building another time machine, just seeing him and Marty together again for one last time is worth it. The perfect ending to a perfect series.

My fave film ending has to be American Beauty, oh i get excited thinking about it, Amazing

For some reason the endings to Usual Suspects, Fight Club and the Sixth Sense did nothing for me but I really loved the ending to The Others. Movies like Ocean's Eleven and Die Hard would probably be some of my favorite endings just because I left the theaters in awe at how awesome they were, not just the ending but the movie as a whole.

You ready? You look ready.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- All that music while riding off into the sunset. Get goosebumps of joy every time.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza