Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Most interesting man in the world
Not Quite Human (1987) 6/10 reminded me a lot of Small wonder *1985
and Small Soldiers *1998 ** the teen witch 1989 girl is in it
*also forgot to mention it reminded me of CHOMPS 1979

Bride of the Gorilla 1951 7 / 10 good performances by Barbara payton & Raymond burr didn't like the ending tho

The Belko Experiment. A group of office workers find themselves trapped inside their corporate building and told by a mysterious voice to kill a certain amount of their colleagues - or they'll all die. Initial incredulity soon turns to fear, panic, and eventually, inevitably - violence. And you thought your colleagues were bad! This 2017 horror thriller was way better than I expected, with a strong cast, chilling premise and very fine execution that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I really enjoyed this!

The Belko Experiment. A group of office workers find themselves trapped inside their corporate building and told by a mysterious voice to kill a certain amount of their colleagues - or they'll all die. Initial incredulity soon turns to fear, panic, and eventually, inevitably - violence. And you thought your colleagues were bad! This 2017 horror thriller was way better than I expected, with a strong cast, chilling premise and very fine execution that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I really enjoyed this!
I saw this one in the theater and I really liked it. Also, the ending is great.

Bedazzled.....yes its silly but its great if you are looking for a good laugh!

Jon
Bedazzled (1967) or Bedazzled (2000)?

They both are funny, just in different ways (British and American, respectively).

“I was cured, all right!”
I am interested in seeing it myself, what made you rate it a 3?
The film was a great portraying of innocence among the adults life. Lots of great ideas but I didn't like how this ideas was showed on screen. Mr. Sean Baker likes to film like a documentary sometimes but it doesn't look real in my opinion, so that breaks my concetration. Cinematrographer Alexis Zabe was great in this film too. Acting was poor, honestly (but Willem Dafoe was good). In the end the film wasted some good ideas for the sake of being 'a real look in to the characters daily life'. Unfortunally, the film, in its general, was empty.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

(Joachim Rønning& Espen Sandberg)

In a desperate effort to have another dead franchise revived, Disney has put forth this film. A soft reboot of sorts, bringing back two actors from the original trilogy in an effort to trick fans into seeing it. Their total screen time is maybe 5 minutes, but that's besides the point. The main theme with this pirates is that kids have daddy issues, boo-hoo.

Henry Turner is determined to find Captain Jack Sparrow, the legendary pirate, so that he can break the curse his father has to live. The only way to break the curse is to find Poseidon's Trident. Along for the journey is a young woman that the townspeople have deemed a witch, simply because she loves astronomy, maybe those two will fall in love??? Hmm????? One night in a drunken state, Sparrow trades away his compass for some rum, which breaks another curse (so many curses who can keep track?) and unleashes Captain Salazar and his dead crew. Now the trio must find the Trident before Salazar does, for whoever controls the Trident, controls the sea.

What was once a "swashbuckling, high-seas adventure series" is now a derivative piece that lacks story and heart and shows the greedy money hungry inner self of a company. Dead Men Tell No Tales is a small step above whatever the last one was called, but it's still a shallow film at the end of the day. This is coming from someone who loves Greek Mythology and specifically Poseidon. Dead Men is nothing more than a film where characters need to go from point A to point B with a lot of nonsense that happens in between that no one cares about. Awkward comedy, uninspired action sequences and uninteresting characters.

The one thing these films usually have going for them is the character designs of the bad guys. Here we have a spin on the same thing from the first film, dead pirates. Javier Bardem plays the villain here. His design is appealing to the eye. His hair constantly appears to float, as if always in water. The design of his crew is basically "missing pieces", as some people have no head, are missing limbs or in one case...is only limbs. There are some cool moments done here with them, when they run on water for instance, but these moments are few and far between and do not make up for the complete and utter lack of enthusiasm this film has.

Turner wants to free his dad. Carina Smyth is the lady they are with, she is thrown in lazily as a love interest and then even more lazily has a connection to another character. There is a moment near the end of the film that is so unearned that it's a little disrespectful to the character. Moments of surprise are forced and if these are the two new characters they want us to follow, then this series is dead in the water. They are boring, uninteresting and have zero charisma. They were hired because they are good looking and nothing else.

Depp is Depp, I don't know how else to explain it. It was widely known he was going through hard times during this film and it shows in his performance. Jack Sparrow is no longer a character, he is a caricature. A sequence involving dead sharks is horribly realized and makes the film look like a cartoon throwing Sparrow around like a rag doll.

Abandon this ship people, it's sinking and bringing everyone down with it.

Suspect's Reviews

Unregistered User

The Squid and The Whale (2005)

I hadn't really heard that much about this at all but decided to give it a go after seeing Daniels amazing performance in the series Godless. I found this really enjoyable and very well made. Baumbach does a great job in getting the audience to know the characters, in particular Daniels character, who was very very funny. Make no mistake, I found parts of this movie hilarious but at the same time it is a serious and complex subject that is difficult for any family to go through. Still, I thoroughly recommend this to anyone, especially with its superb soundtrack and sharp, witty dialogue.

+

The film was a great portraying of innocence among the adults life. Lots of great ideas but I didn't like how this ideas was showed on screen. Mr. Sean Baker likes to film like a documentary sometimes but it doesn't look real in my opinion, so that breaks my concetration. Cinematrographer Alexis Zabe was great in this film too. Acting was poor, honestly (but Willem Dafoe was good). In the end the film wasted some good ideas for the sake of being 'a real look in to the characters daily life'. Unfortunally, the film, in its general, was empty.
Acting was poor? Are we seeing the same film?

The kid is nothing but brilliant.

Ladies In Love (Edward H. Griffith, 1936)
+
Sometimes love is heavy going, as is sadly the case here

Love & Pop (1998) -

idk if i rate it bit highly myself but this one got huge "feel" for now

----
Landscape in the Mist (1988) -

what happen storywise just like okayish arthouse for most of parts. mere appreciate it on technicality and style as it's quiet absorbing for framing scenery that dont even realize they did some long takes

The Phenix City Story - 7.5/10

Thanks @Gangland -- this was a good noir, universal, and not the same old jealous spouse melodrama.

Glad you enjoyed it! Did TCM play the short interview with the actual townspeople before the movie, or just started with the feature?

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Fancy costumes and colorfull light are not enough. Main characters are teengers, who shoot to their enemies with fascinating self-confidence and scowled brows. They deliver bombastic speeches about love, when they have a break in fighting. @edarsenal, You were right. It's dissapointing. Where is old good Luc?
BTW, Rihanna is very... hm... flexible

This might just do nobody any good.
Bowie-montage is great. It’s like the opening to Gangs of New York. All downhill after that.