Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yeah I do like it but I think The Town basically did the same thing but made it more intriguing. I cannot however deny how well Michael Mann shoots his films it just looks stunning.
I thought The Town was a decent film when I first saw it, but it massively tries to copy Heat and my step-dad disliked it because of this. I prefer Heat myself, very good, fun film.

Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick are very good playing an alcoholic couple, and I would think it has to be one of the best movies about alcoholism out there. I thought there were times when the situations and performances were a tad overdone, but that seems to be the norm for movies dealing with addiction or mental illness. Overall, it's a subject that I have strong interest in, and I thought it had some good power.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Slightly better than the previous X-Men movies, specially during the first half. Then it just goes back to explosions and typical Marvel action...

5/10

EDIT: the peak of the movie was the 10 second appearance of Daniel Negreanu, my absolute favourite poker player! XD

The Hidden (1987)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Straw Dogs -

Best Peckinpah! Br00tal shieeet.

SPOILERS

OK, now on a more serious note. A movie I would divide into at least three parts and every one of them is good in its own way. The intro is from the very beginning of the film to the rape scene. It has a lot of innuendos. It's interesting how Amy behaves in this part. Like a little girl. She teases David, wants to have kinky time with him and interrupts his work (what was it, by the way, integrals?). The blackboard bit is very significant as well. She changes plus into minus and then when he notices it he puts the plus back there. Later on she sticks gum to it. At that time I thought David is going to hit her for that and it's gonna be proto-Shining with a guy going nuts when he wants to work alone. It's not necessarily about work, though... Then we get the rape sequence. At first she fights and says 'no, no, no' but with time she gets to love it until the second guy gets into action. She didn't say her husband, so maybe she felt guilt and understood it not as a rape, but simply cheating? But then again, she didn't like the second guy, so it's weird. After being raped and her husband ditched on the hunting the movie changes its pace and feel and gets going. I loved the rapid montage on the party and before that when her hubby gets back home and kisses her she sees the rapist kissing her! At first when the young girl and boy were observing the home I thought they will be the trouble, but apparently a giant man accidently (?) kills the girl and her father and all his sons freak out. Then we get the last part and it is home invasion part where all that accumulated to this point EXPLODES. One of the very last scenes portray Amy devastated both physically and psychologically. So different from her no-bra-look-at-me-how-hot-I-am-im-14 attitude at the beginning of the film. Somebody decided to remake this film and I can't possibly imagine how the remake can be even half as good as the original movie.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick are very good playing an alcoholic couple, and I would think it has to be one of the best movies about alcoholism out there. I thought there were times when the situations and performances were a tad overdone, but that seems to be the norm for movies dealing with addiction or mental illness. Overall, it's a subject that I have strong interest in, and I thought it had some good power.

Thanks for reminding me how good it was...

My favorite movies about alcoholism;
1. The Fire Within (1963)
2. Wake in Fright (1971)
3. Petla (1958)
4. Storie di ordinaria follia (1981)
5. Under the Volcano (1984)
6. The Swimmer (1968)
7. The Lost Weekend (1945)
8. Barfly (1987)
9. Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
10.Factotum (2005)

Le beau Serge = 8.9/10
dial H-I-S-T-O-R-Y = 7.5/10
Kuroneko = 7.7/10
Battleship Potemkin = 8.3/10
Man With A Movie Camera = 8/10

Minio, that picture is so racist.
What's racist about a woman chewing a gum?

dat afroamerican (nyga was censored) is a meme pic

The Raid: Redemption -

100% action 0% anything else
I'm by no means action movie enthusiast, but both Expendables and Last Stand were better movies (due to their not serious approach)

dat afroamerican (nyga was censored) is a meme pic
Just because it's a meme, doesn't mean it's not racist and/or offensive. I know it wasn't your intention to offend, but I understand why Yoda removed it.

Still can't see why is it racist. It's originated from TV series The Wire, in which a certain guy likes to enlong the poo synonim word.

Still can't see why is it racist. It's originated from TV series The Wire, in which a certain guy likes to enlong the poo synonim word.
I don't think it's racist, but I didn't think that word was allowed on the site.

Not as good as Observe and Report, but still better than most comedies.
LOVE this movie! Really liked Observe and Report too. If you haven't seen Hot Rod yet, you should probably watch it.
Fire walk with me.