Natalie Wood's Films

Tools    

I have become increasingly interested over the past few weeks with the acting ability of Natalie Wood and would like some recommendations of films to see starring or having her in them.
I of course have already seen West Side Story.

Actually, it's Natalie Wood. And I liked her in Gypsy

She's good in This Property is Condemned, too. And Splendor in The Grass.

Semper Fooey
Love with a Proper Stranger co-starring Steve MdQueen

Rebel Without a Cause

I like Marjorie Morningstar, but many people don't

She was the little girl in the original Miracle on 34th Street

Awesome, it looks like I have a ton of movies to look forward to watching. I also have seen the original Miracle on 34th Street and she was great in that.

Will has already picked my favorite--Love With A Proper Stranger is the best film she or Steve McQueen ever made.

Natalie (and her sister) also have small but key roles in probably the best Western ever -- The Searchers. Natalie's sister plays the child for whom John Wayne and Jeffery Hunter are searching. Natalie Wood plays her as a grown woman in the last reel.

She is great with Tony Curtis, Peter Falk, and Jack Lemmon in The Great Race!!! If you haven't seen that one, then do so immediately--you'll laugh your a** off.

I think she also did an earlier comedy with Curtis--Sex and the Single Girl? Does that sound right, somebody?

Oh, and she was the object of both Frank Sinatra's and Curtis's affection in an odd but interesting war film based on a best-seller novel, Kings Go Forth. She doesn't get as much screen time as the two guys, but it's a key and emotional part. I recommend you see this one.

Will has already picked my favorite--Love With A Proper Stranger is the best film she or Steve McQueen ever made.

Natalie (and her sister) also have small but key roles in probably the best Western ever -- The Searchers. Natalie's sister plays the child for whom John Wayne and Jeffery Hunter are searching. Natalie Wood plays her as a grown woman in the last reel.

She is great with Tony Curtis, Peter Falk, and Jack Lemmon in The Great Race!!! If you haven't seen that one, then do so immediately--you'll laugh your a** off.

I think she also did an earlier comedy with Curtis--Sex and the Single Girl? Does that sound right, somebody?

Oh, and she was the object of both Frank Sinatra's and Curtis's affection in an odd but interesting war film based on a best-seller novel, Kings Go Forth. She doesn't get as much screen time as the two guys, but it's a key and emotional part. I recommend you see this one.
Wow, it sure looks like I will be busy. I hope I can find time to watch all of these with school and soccer starting up again.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
It's funny, Juno. I've been meaning to see some her movies too. Since the beginning of the summer when she was TCM's star of the month. I've always found her interesting because my mom named me after her Hopefully, I'll get around to it sometime.

It's funny, Juno. I've been meaning to see some her movies too. Since the beginning of the summer when she was TCM's star of the month. I've always found her interesting because my mom named me after her Hopefully, I'll get around to it sometime.
She is an amazing actress.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Splendor in the Grass
Rebel Without a Cause
Gypsy
Miracle on the 34th Street or any of the other movies she was in.

Natalie Wood is my favorite actress of all time. Until I did the movie theme of the week, i always chose her for my avatar. Juno, you should read up on her life either in the eyes of her sister. She was an amazing person. When I went to California, I got to visit her grave and left pennies behind. I will always say that RJ Wagner had some part in her death

Semper Fooey
I just realized no one mentioned Bob and Carol and Ted amd Alice, although the acting highlights in that one are the second leads, (Ted abd Alice) Dyan Cannon and Elliott Gould, both in peak comic form.