Fear the Walking Dead

Tools    

Fear the Walking Dead is an upcoming spinoff series created by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson scheduled to premiere on AMC in August 2015. It is a companion series to the horror drama television series The Walking Dead, which is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. AMC greenlit the pilot to series on March 9, 2015, with a two-season commitment

Plot: What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question.
Creators: Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman
Stars: Rubén Blades, Mercedes Mason, Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Kim Dickens, Frank Dillane, Colman Domingo, Lorenzo James Henrie, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Patricia Reyes Spíndola, Sandrine Holt

Comic Con Trailer...

yeah it'll be interesting to see the beginning of the apocalypse but only time will tell if the show or the characters are actually good. TWD's quality has slowly been dwindling through each season so maybe this show will go back to the quality of TWD's first 2 seasons.(A BIG maybe)

Completely disagree. I thought the first two seasons needed a lot of work and was almost ready to give up on the show. Glad it picked up and really started dealing with some pretty interesting questions that we'd all be forced to deal with if an event like this ever came to pass. I says. But yeah, this new one is welcome. Thought I was waiting till the end of the year for more walking dead. Or whenever it was slated to come back on.

Completely disagree. I thought the first two seasons needed a lot of work and was almost ready to give up on the show. Glad it picked up and really started dealing with some pretty interesting questions that we'd all be forced to deal with if an event like this ever came to pass. I says. But yeah, this new one is welcome. Thought I was waiting till the end of the year for more walking dead. Or whenever it was slated to come back on.
The first 2 seasons are written much better than the later seasons. Season 3 was a huge disaster and Season 5 was good aside from the Hospital arc. Season 4 overall has been the best season since Season 2

I've loved The Walking Dead all through its entire run. I remember when Season 2 was on, people were impatient for the hunt for Sophia to be over. And when it was, the majority of people that I know where praising it with exclamations like, "That was brilliant!" or "That was so worth the wait!" Then, when Season 3 came along, those same people where saying, "Anything will be better than last season." Then they were praising the new location of the prison and new characters, and the Governor. Then they were complaining that the Governor's story arc was boring. And they didn't like Michonne. By the end of Season 3 they had stopped complaining about Michonne and were loving the Governor and wanting him back. And so it went, from season-to-season. Always something to complain about.

Again, I say that it's all been great. I mean, six years ago who thought that we would even have a continuing show with the undead. And I compare TWD to the original Dawn of the Dead in that sometimes the walkers are forgotten about and the people have to deal with their own human problems and clash with each other. I love that the showrunners really don't let you get completely comfortable in one setting or with any character's (except for a handful, especially Rick) survivability. I really don't know what (at least my friends/family) people want. There hasn't, IMO, been one season yet that sucked. It's all good.

And I am definitely looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead. The clip above looks really good. I do like zombie movies where an outbreak first occurs and people are slaughtered before they figure out what to do. I hope that at least Rubén Blades survives the first six episodes. I really like this actor. But, that's what makes it fun...and tense. Not knowing.

I've loved The Walking Dead all through its entire run. I remember when Season 2 was on, people were impatient for the hunt for Sophia to be over. And when it was, the majority of people that I know where praising it with exclamations like, "That was brilliant!" or "That was so worth the wait!" Then, when Season 3 came along, those same people where saying, "Anything will be better than last season." Then they were praising the new location of the prison and new characters, and the Governor. Then they were complaining that the Governor's story arc was boring. And they didn't like Michonne. By the end of Season 3 they had stopped complaining about Michonne and were loving the Governor and wanting him back. And so it went, from season-to-season. Always something to complain about.

Again, I say that it's all been great. I mean, six years ago who thought that we would even have a continuing show with the undead. And I compare TWD to the original Dawn of the Dead in that sometimes the walkers are forgotten about and the people have to deal with their own human problems and clash with each other. I love that the showrunners really don't let you get completely comfortable in one setting or with any character's (except for a handful, especially Rick) survivability. I really don't know what (at least my friends/family) people want. There hasn't, IMO, been one season yet that sucked. It's all good.

And I am definitely looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead. The clip above looks really good. I do like zombie movies where an outbreak first occurs and people are slaughtered before they figure out what to do. I hope that at least Rubén Blades survives the first six episodes. I really like this actor. But, that's what makes it fun...and tense. Not knowing.
This is so true. I loved the first 2 seasons over all the others. but Season 3 is still crap though to me and has been since Season 3 finished, aside from The Governor and Merle I didn't like anything else about that season. So many unneeded deaths and rshing the Governor's story was a bad thing to do. The Governor was a brilliant villain with terrible writing around him, and David Morrissey is fantastic as him.

This begins tonight. Curious to see how it plays out and intertwines with The Walking Dead. Whether they're going to bring back past characters or recurring TWD characters into this show is yet to be seen, but extremely noteworthy and interesting to see.

I'm curious as to why they are running both series so close to each other.

I think they are using the first season of FWD to lead into and build hype for the upcoming TWD season. With next season's schedule of 15 episodes though, I wonder, if they will begin it at the beginning of the summer, or air it on another day during TWD.

My Review of Fear The Walking Dead

Season 1 Episode 1 "Pilot"

Well here we are folks. The moment of truth. Will Fear The Walking Dead stand the test of time? I'm here to answer that question (sort of). Being a huge fan of the original series the concept of this alone caught my interest. Here's the thing the first episode is obvious, they are trying to set up the characters we're gonna be with for the series (Not all of them of course). Many will complain that this first episode sucks because it doesn't have barely any zombies, but those people are forgetting the whole purpose of The Walking dead is not about the zombies, its about the survivors so obviously they are gonna spend time on the characters, and this show begins BEFORE the ZA is in full effect so there isn't gonna be non stop zombie action early on, at least not immediately. I am guessing from the description of Episode 2, that is when the zombie action will start. This episode was a slow burner, but I have yet to begin to care about any of the characters. Also calling it now Alicia's black boyfriend is gonna die real soon, this is The Walking Dead after all and black people can't survive long unless they have katanas. Granted the action does pick up a bit towards the end, but that doesn't save the other 45 minutes from being a little mediocre story wise. The acting in this is good which is a good sign that when the action gets intense in the upcoming episodes the acting will still be on par. Can this series survive more than its initial two seasons? Depends on what they are going for here, if they wanna tell another story than maybe it could last a while, but if they are doing this solely because of the popularity of TWD and not to tell another interesting story, than this show will go downhill faster than a hooker on free chips night. The episode was not bad at all, and there were many entertaining parts.

8/10

I found myself asking the same questions when the concept for this series was announced. They can only spend so much time exploring the situations during the initial outbreak. Eventually, it will just become TWD #2, except we would have already seen everything that the new characters are about to go through. I'm curious to see the direction they head in if the series ends up being a success.

You would think there is gonna be a significant difference to distinguish the two.

Or, just pump out more of the same content for the hottest property going and maximize ad revenue.

At least we'll always have Clementine and the video game if this one fails
The next release from the developers is a Michonne episode, which I find completely unnecessary. They are said to be just using her story from the comics instead of something new and fresh. Instead of bringing us new content that we are anticipating, they come out with some crap that we've already read and will know what to expect.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
The next release from the developers is a Michonne episode, which I find completely unnecessary. They are said to be just using her story from the comics instead of something new and fresh. Instead of bringing us new content that we are anticipating, they come out with some crap that we've already read and will know what to expect.

I'm not okay with this I feel the same way you do, I was fine with having a few of the characters make cameos like Hershel, but then again if anyone could pull this off it'd be TellTale... but still

This has some strong potential. Some people seem to compare this too heavily with The Walking Dead and think that it is just a horrible rip off. It's not. It has a different motive. To focus more on family than on just a group of friends trying to survive the same apocalypse. FTWD, is set earlier and gives a different perspective, a different point of view. This is going to be an interesting show. Not as popular as TWD, yet anyway if it picks up fans, because it's not only new but different. Although, people tend to fray from different when it somehow relates to what they previously seen.. If that makes sense.

I just finished watching it, I read tons of great and awful feedback so I decided to not expect anything and simply give it a chance. I liked it, kind of. The mother though, she comes with a really strong personality, I'm scared of her fate.

I don't really like the main character that much but I can't compare it to TWD because Rick is a god damn cop and this one is a heroin addict, can't really compare them. It didn't really pick my attention that much as for the characters goes, but I'd like to see how it goes on with the story. I'd love to see how they handle it, and how it becomes so messy, because as it is now it's kind of weird that they cannot control it.

I hope the characters start to settle and develop (personality wise) as the story goes on because I didn't enjoy their personality that much. Everyone's so bitter and dark and there is no reason to be yet.

I just finished watching it, I read tons of great and awful feedback so I decided to not expect anything and simply give it a chance. I liked it, kind of. The mother though, she comes with a really strong personality, I'm scared of her fate.

I don't really like the main character that much but I can't compare it to TWD because Rick is a god damn cop and this one is a heroin addict, can't really compare them. It didn't really pick my attention that much as for the characters goes, but I'd like to see how it goes on with the story. I'd love to see how they handle it, and how it becomes so messy, because as it is now it's kind of weird that they cannot control it.

I hope the characters start to settle and develop (personality wise) as the story goes on because I didn't enjoy their personality that much. Everyone's so bitter and dark and there is no reason to be yet.
Maybe the fact that the two lead characters on each show are a cop and a drug addict are intentional?

Although most drug addicts don't have long lives, they can bring some survival qualities to the table in a pinch:
  • Used to living on the street, without shelter, without common amenities.
  • Undisturbed by a decline in hygiene / dealing with gross stuff (like sleeping in vomit).
  • Going without food for long periods of time (well, opiate & amphetamine users anyway).
  • Resourcefulness for obtaining needed items without the normal exchange of money.
  • Running (from dealers, hoods, gangs, police, DEA agents, etc.)
  • Able to lie motionless for long periods (when strung out).
  • Given to short bursts of inhuman strength (if on the right drugs or during certain periods of withdrawal).
  • An incredible tenacity of will when what they want is withheld from them.