The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Sedai
Except all the days that end in Y. Nvidia, for the majority of the time has been the leader in video chip technology and most importantly, support. As of today, the Nvidia line is eating ATI for lunch, sop say pretty much ALL the hardware review sites anyway. In late 2003-2004, ATI pulled ahead in the benches for a bit, but once the next generation came out, Nvidia took the lead again. Sony just signed a big deal with Nvidia, and the next PS will run Nvidia chips. I have owned a fair number of both types of cards, and ATI has some of the worst support I have ever seen, while Nvidia's Forceware suite continues to be amazing, and only improves with each card gen.

You will get into a new gen ATI for cheaper though, as the new Nvidia cards are about $500.

Anyway, my latest desk....

Hmmmm, or not. Graphic manager appears to not be working anymore

....the upload feature seems to be broken (image only 400k)
Yes!! As you might have noticed there was a big hype about Doom 3 being best run on an ATI. Well, in the end, at the very last moment too, nVidia got the sticker. That just shows you how good they can kick butt. ATI is best for running with an Intel and it runs fine with AMD. nVidia runs best with AMD but, you can get lucky and run it with an Intel with no problems. Most of the time you will have problems. They don't work good together. I had a brand new 140 dollar card crap out on me after a week of use.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Here's mine:
Nice. Where'd you find it?

Right now I have this kick ass Godzilla wallpaper (if you want the file PM me):
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	GODZILLADESKTOP.png
Views:	183
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	4697  

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Sized down for easy viewing.
Attachments

Name:	back (Medium).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	4698  

Who's the artist?

here's my newest...
Attachments

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	4708  
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

That guy is fantastic. Thanks for the link.

Originally Posted by Garrett
That guy is fantastic. Thanks for the link.
No prob, if you like him I highly suggest you check out http://www.goodbrush.com/mainpage/index2.htm His work is phenomenal and all done in photoshop.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
My newest desktop, courtesy of Star Wars.com and jrs (Thanks for the headsup, by the way) :
Attachments

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	4744  

Originally Posted by OG-
No prob, if you like him I highly suggest you check out http://www.goodbrush.com/mainpage/index2.htm His work is phenomenal and all done in photoshop.

Nice. Even the bad sketches are good!

Originally Posted by Garrett

Nice. Even the bad sketches are good!
Also you should take a gander at the Versus Project over at www.cubadust.com : http://www.cubadust.com/versus/

It's largely vector art and a worthy slide through. Oh and a HUGE resource for finding new artists.

heres mine, atm...
created by me...
so
be nice.
Attachments

Name:	dom-desk.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	4750  

Lets put a smile on that block
Nice wallpapers. Love that episode of Angel that your wallpaper is based on Lover, its so so sad.

Randomly visiting for now
Here's my new one, I tried streching it but it got blurry, so I just put it in the centre with my icons all around. My actual desktop screenshot was too big in size to attach, so after fiddlying I gave up and just posted the image.
Attachments

Name:	FAV-BandsNew.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	4913  

The People's Republic of Clogher
I love the wallpaper...
Attachments

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	169