Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

Viddy well little brother
Dont most people hate Titanic though? I dont know anyone who likes it.

The End Has Come
I have to agree with the 3 post above; Titanic suck big time

dont yell at me, but I have to say it.

Pulp Fiction.

I fall asleep at the same place in the movie every time I try to watch it.
That is not an exaggeration.

Yeah... I'd have to agree with some of the posters who thought both Donnie Darko and Fight Club are overrated. Hey, I like both movies. I own both on DVD but they are aren't all that.

titanic, god it should burn in hell, crap story

ok you quiz lovers need help finding the name of a movie.its an old national lampoons movie with a skit of andrew dice clay at the ending.if anyone knows could they plz msg me with the title its been driving me mad.

Originally Posted by tonyk
In the name of the father

Out of curiosity, what did you dislike so much about it?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Maybe MoFo has a new member?

Originally Posted by thegreenbastard
ok you quiz lovers need help finding the name of a movie.its an old national lampoons movie with a skit of andrew dice clay at the ending.if anyone knows could they plz msg me with the title its been driving me mad.
Idiot.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Garrett
Idiot.
Was this a name call or a movie title?

I'll give you a hint: it wasn't a movie title.

Arresting your development
Thanks! I'll cross this off my to know list.

You have a good day.

Mean Creek - it was just predictable

Meet the Parents - I just really didn't laugh much or find anything original in it.
Y Tu Mama Tambien - It wasn't bad, just waaayy overhyped.
Adaptation - Again, not bad, but just not great. I thought that Cage was completely over the top. Sure, he's good at over the top, but this one bored me.

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
There are a lot of movies I hate and feel that aren't even putting an effort to waste time money and film. But then the critics love it and say it's great and you think their crazy . One film that was made such an overhype was any stupid films by Queen Latifah (she made a film and I don't even remember it but it was sooo anoying!) or stupid movies such as Honey, why even bother. It's not even reflective of anyone's opionion or culture ; their movies that are such a waste. Here is the case as well as Gigli, why even make that film ?? why make films where singers turn actors can't act; It doesn't even make sense, and then they put out the trailer that seem as if it's going to be anything worthwhile.

Waste of anything good, that's what I hate. Even the Titanic, they made such a fuss over a movie that could of been done it thirty minutes or less. Waste ; waste and more waste.
I'm confused. What critic and how many movie goers thought either Gigli or Honey was a great movie?

For me, Fargo stands out. I can't take watching the thing. Is Buscemi occasionally funny in Fargo? Yeah, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

I think the Matrix was a waste of time, money and my energy to have to sit throuh the first one 5 or 6 times. I had to Critically deconstruct it for school and figure out all thr f*** hidden meanings and symbolism and relevence to todays society. Doing that to any film is a horrible thing for a movie buff, but the matrix just boggled my mind.

Personally I only liked Moulin Rouge because Ewan McGregor sings, thats it, hate Nicole Kidman and the way they ruined so many good songs, esp Smells Like Teen Spirit and Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend - Kidman should be banned from singing.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
sorry to take so long to reply!! I just thought it was very propaganda and not brought over in a true way. A lot of people from both sides of the community felt this way. I thought it was over dramatised at times.

An example of what I mean is: A small time thief from Belfast, Gerry Conlon, is falsely implicated in the IRA bombing of a pub that kills several people while he is in London.

However does it mention that Mr Conlon was a thief in the movie and police had suspected this and he was known to have been associated with the ira at the time.

Now what did happen was a miscarriage of justice, however I believe that a story should have its whole story told and not just the parts that give the film gloss. I would suggest reading gerry conlons own book.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Angel_of_Music
I think the Matrix was a waste of time, money and my energy to have to sit throuh the first one 5 or 6 times. I had to Critically deconstruct it for school and figure out all thr f*** hidden meanings and symbolism and relevence to todays society. Doing that to any film is a horrible thing for a movie buff, but the matrix just boggled my mind.
Speak for yourself. One of the things I actually like the most about film is finding the social allegory and hidden meanings underneath the various layers. Why is looking for that stuff a horrible thing? Seems rather absurd claiming that, when I would think a majority of "movie-buffs" like films because of those concepts, and not just as a piece of entertainment to zone out too. Many of the discussions on this baord center around these concepts, and many participate. So....yeah, it isn't horrible, it's what is good about film, and what makes it deep and worth studying, IMHO. This isn't every film, of course, but certainly anything worth any acclaim...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Seems rather absurd claiming that, when I would think a majority of "movie-buffs" like films because of those concepts, and not just as a piece of entertainment to zone out too. Many of the discussions on this baord center around these concepts, and many participate.

Dude, we can all have our opinions, but I believe that it shouldn't be forced upon us to do that to a film unless we want to. I would be the first to jump at a chance to do it to many of my fav films, but like I said, The Matrix was too deep for me. It's just a personal view, somethings are too good to tamper with, others are worthy of destroying.

Word up hommies. I hated From Justin To Kelly but everyone else seemed to love it. Sedai, I'm talking mainly to you. Don't hide it.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.