Ossie Davis, R.I.P.

Tools    

Story HERE.

Holy *****.

Ossie was a great man, not just a damn fine actor. He was extremely active and visible during the Civil Rights struggles of the 1960s, and continued to fight for various causes up to his death. He was also a playwright. The man did it all.

I'll always do the right thing, Ossie. You surer than Hell lived that by example.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Good man, Good actor. RIP Ossie.

Fantastic sense of humor. I salute you, President and Da Mayor.

I only found out who he was last week when I watched Do the Right Thing. I thought he was extremely good in his role as Da Mayor. It's unfortunate that this had to happen.

R.I.P., Ossie.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
My favorite scene with Ossie Davis is his fist-fight versus Burt Lancaster in The Scalphunters .

Besides the obvious scene at the end of Bubba Ho-tep

Man, oh man. R.I.P., Ossie.

Ossie Davis, whose rich baritone and elegant, unshakable bearing made him a giant of the stage, screen and the civil rights movement — often in tandem with his wife, Ruby Dee — was found dead Friday in his hotel room in Miami Beach, Fla. He was 87.

Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said Davis' grandson called shortly before 7 a.m. when Davis would not open the door to his room at the Shore Club Hotel. Davis was found apparently of natural causes, Hernandez said.

For a full report, click here

Ossie Davis
(1918 - 2005)

My life isn't written very well.
Goodnight Mr. Davis.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

He will definitely be missed…

R.I.P. Mr. Davis...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"I can't help it..."
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I'll always do the right thing, Ossie. You surer than Hell lived that by example.
Well said; I strongly agree. He will be missed.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

The People's Republic of Clogher
A sad curtain call indeed.

R.I.P. Ossie.

I am having a nervous breakdance
R.I.P. Ossie...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

the best JFK played in the movies