Most nonsensical rating

Tools    

PG for Gremlins??
I believe in the UK Gremlins was shown in theatres at PG rating but was one of the first movies to get the 15 cert when it went on to rental/purchase?
mermermer... panties on.

I think it's stupid that a film with more then one "f**k" in it gets an automatic R rating. That's so dumb. Films like Frost/Nixon where "f**k" was said maybe 5 times got an R rating because of that.

Happy New Year from Philly!
Do any people besides parents pay attention to ratings? I imagine even most parents look for more information than whether a film is PG or PG-13. Aren't there a whole host of guides on the internet to fill parents in on what there children may be exposed to in a movie, which is the real point of the rating system anyway?

I guess what I am trying to say is the rating system is pointless and no one pays attention to it anyway except for chickenshit movie houses that won't show NC-17 movies.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Do any people besides parents pay attention to ratings? I imagine even most parents look for more information than whether a film is PG or PG-13. Aren't there a whole host of guides on the internet to fill parents in on what there children may be exposed to in a movie, which is the real point of the rating system anyway?

I guess what I am trying to say is the rating system is pointless and no one pays attention to it anyway except for chickenshit movie houses that won't show NC-17 movies.
Speaking of ratings bb, I don't think you're allowed to use the word chicken chit.

On the other end of the ratings system, The Battle of Britain is Rated G.
I do recall a gunner in a bomber getting shot in the face and his goggles filling up with blood. Fun for the whole family!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Back when Battle of Britain was released, rated and watched by my brother and me, the only ratings available were G, M, R and X. Nowadays, if it was resubmitted to the MPAA, it would get at least a PG. The 1968 versions of Romeo and Juliet and Planet of the Apes were both originally rated G but have subsequently been rerated PG for nudity. Speaking of which (and I have no problem with this at all), the 1986 Manon of the Spring is rated PG and has the beautiful Emmanuelle Beart dancing completely naked for all the world to see, so sometimes those members of the MPAA must just fall asleep at non-English language films.