RIP Casey Kasem

Tools    

Casey Kasem has died at the age of 82 at his home

His most notable work was the Radio Show "American Top 40 Countdown" and as the original voice of Shaggy in Scooby Doo.

Kasem also had a cameo as himself in Ghostbusters as a Radio Host that Sigourney Weaver was listening to in her kitchen and Kasem's Wife Jean also had a cameo as the pretty blonde woman at Louis Tulley's party.

Kasem had been suffering extremely bad health for a while, and a Court Case voted in favour of withholding food and water from Kasem in the days leading up to his death to allow his body to shut down, but apparently it was against Jean's wishes.

His children were in favour of allowing him to die though and Kasem's Daughter was the one who oversaw his eventual death.

Rest In Peace, Casey.

I didn't know much about the man, but I could always recognise him from that great voice. I was a huge Scooby Doo fan as a kid. (Still am)

RIP Casey.

Such a shame but what an impact to have on the world with just a voice! Good lad Casey!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Poor auld Casey. We had his Top 40 show over here in the 80s/90s (on hungover Saturday mornings, I think) and didn't have a clue at the time that he was also Shaggy. Oh Carolina was my favourite.

As well as his consummate professionalism, the main thing I remember about the man was his array of stupendously exciting knitwear.

Epileptics, please look away.

Sleep well Casey.