Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
What are the potential side FX, Kendra? The one I'm taking gives me hot flushes. Probably be OK for you if it's winter there. A bit hellish for me because there's a heatwave here, and overheating makes me vomit. no nausea, just big spews that go on and on, even if I havent eaten. A bit icky.
Well, my chance of liver & kidney disease is increased. My chance of stroke and heart disease is also increased. But the doctor said that for someone like me who's young and healthy...it's very unlikely anything bad will happen. If I was a super heavy smoker then it would be more of a concern.

John, just curious (and not trying to instigate) but why do you find my prodding you funny, but see SC's as immature?
Because at least you're being somewhat supportive in your joking and questions. SC is just being combative for no reason. That's why.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Cool... I am bulbasaur. And no, I am not kidding, when I am having beer with my friends they always get picked while I am just sitting there. Yeah I get it, Charmander has big flamming tail, so f-ing what, what's so great about frikking tail?

Sorry... it's touchy subject
This is the most confusing post I've had to read since I joined.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
is anyone really surprised SC has everything but class?

anyway, i guess i never really put a lot of thought into the hormones you take if you're transgender but now that i'm reading about it, it kinda sounds like similar side effects to birth control pills.

i hope you're feeling good, Kendra.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well, my chance of liver & kidney disease is increased. My chance of stroke and heart disease is also increased. But the doctor said that for someone like me who's young and healthy...it's very unlikely anything bad will happen. If I was a super heavy smoker then it would be more of a concern..
Oh wow I had no idea, I was thinking more along the lines of estrogen mucking around with your emotions and stuff, like if it would trick your body into a monthly cycle of the pre menstrual wanna punch you in the head moods.

I just don't buy that John McClane is actually a woman.

We're people who think. Maybe I have no class... but I'm also someone who recognizes that he feels disturbed at the idea of a man putting female hormones into his body to grow boobs, when maybe he shouldn't. I actually care about people.
You "actually care" yet your reaction is to make McClane feel like crap about it? Nice solution. The only people whose opinions matter on what she should or should not do are her, her therapist, and her doctors.

And you know what? I know for a fact that Yoda doesn't think he's really female, either. I'm sure we can add Omnizoa to the list of dissenters, as well.
Why don't you let those people speak for themselves if they choose? If Yoda has said something to you in private, then that should remain private. Don't go outing other people. If he has said nothing, then don't go making assumptions about his thoughts and don't assume anything about Omni's thoughts either.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Matt, I have a question: You mention that, if you were tested, you think your testosterone levels might be low. I know someone who officially has low levels (but not horrendously low -- he's just on medications, etc.), and I see what it does to a man.

Had you considered that perhaps going the route of adding testosterone rather than estrogen might help? It seems a less extreme solution, all things being equal (which I know they're not). This really is just a question that hit me when I read your post about thinking you probably have low testosterone.

I'm pretty well swamped with site work this week, but I'll just say that MattJohn asked me about this privately awhile ago, and what we said is between us. But I don't think there's any mutual exclusivity between caring about someone and being skeptical of some of their decisions, particularly life-altering ones.

I don't subscribe to the notion that caring about someone means supporting anything they do. Sometimes it means disagreeing with them or asking difficult questions. It would be easier to never contradict, never risk their disapproval, but I don't think that's what caring about someone actually looks like, and it's not how MattJohn and I have ever approached the many things in our lives we've discussed over the years.

What you need to get through your thick skull is that this is a discussion forum. This is not Miss Vicky's Playland. This is not Miss Vicky's Happy Times Home.
I'm well aware of what this place is and what you need to get through your thick skull is that I have just as much right to express my opinions as you do - not only about McClane's decisions and motives but about yours as well.

It's not Sexy Celebrity's Playland, either.

I don't subscribe to the notion that caring about someone means supporting anything they do. Sometimes it means disagreeing with them or asking difficult questions.
I agree with this entirely, however I think there's a big difference between disagreeing and asking difficult questions and making fun of the person like SC's doing.

kendra, have you seen The Danish Girl and if so what did you think? As a cis woman I found this movie so touching, and felt it was sensitively handled. I saw the PoV of both Lily and Gerda, and empathised with both their journeys. Might have cried...

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I know some transgenders [and a full blown hermaphrodite]. One of them is the person who rents the room to one of my best friends, and she got her chance to become externally what she always felt she was internally. She took it, she is **** happy,

I have all the respect and applaud any difficult decision that leads to personal discovery. It's the hardest thing one can go through. It's not just about the sex change, it's the whole **** internal process of life long self-doubt, shame and the feeling of not belonging to one's skin.

Must be really difficult.

kendra, have you seen The Danish Girl and if so what did you think? As a cis woman I found this movie so touching, and felt it was sensitively handled. I saw the PoV of both Lily and Gerda, and empathised with both their journeys. Might have cried...
My lady loves that movie. Got to say, the dude played a hell of a difficult role. It's nice to see a man showing sensibility.

I love that movie, Dev. I didn't cry because I was upset. I actually found it an uplifting story. I was horrified by one of the scenes with a doctor, snd the scene in the park with the bullies, but the relationship with the two, and the non judgmental friendship with Lily's childhood friend (yes I do know he was a fictional character), just so beautiful. And just the emotional depiction of the journey for both of them. Plus, it's just such a visually appealing movie.

mate, don't you think it's between patient and medical team, not people sitting behind a keyboard? You and I sorted out our initial prickles but sometimes i think you lack boundaries. I understand the thought of surgical removal of man bits can be very confronting for straight men, but kendra is not you, and you're imposing your feelings of self (which are perfectly fine) onto her. That's a bit unfair. Kendra's journey has no impact on your life, or your penis.

Oh, as if I'm the only one making fun of him.

I've actually been trying to NOT make fun of him. There were some things I said that I decided to delete out of respect.

Yesterday, during the Top MoFos Countdown, when John McClane's name came up, you used a picture to represent the chemical composition of estrogen.

So that's all he is to you -- estrogen.

At least he means more to me than estrogen.
No, that's not all she is to me. But I know she believes that taking estrogen will relieve her problems. It's the first thing that came to my sleep-deprived mind - other than the character John McClane which I didn't think was fitting. Last night, after I'd had some rest and had a clearer mind, I switched the image to the Trans pride symbol she's currently using in her avatar.

I didnt say you couldnt voice your opinion so please dont twist my words. You and camo seem quite fond of this. Either that or you both have a comprehension problem. I said you lack boundaries. It;s your way of speaking to and about kendra as if she's not even in the room I find itchy and scratchy.

so there you go, I have the right to voice my opinion as well. *thumbs up*

I love that movie, Dev. I didn't cry because I was upset. I actually found it an uplifting story. I was horrified by one of the scenes with a doctor, snd the scene in the park with the bullies, but the relationship with the two, and the non judgmental friendship with Lily's childhood friend (yes I do know he was a fictional character), just so beautiful. And just the emotional depiction of the journey for both of them. Plus, it's just such a visually appealing movie.
Yes it's visually stunning. My wife cried a lot.

Some people can be happy being transgender their whole life. If you're going to make THAT big of a decision, you better be **** sure.
Only the person her/himself knows if he/she is ready or not. Sometimes - even having nothing to do with such an important and life changing decision - we make a decision and end up backing away from it. It's ok. It's part of life.

But this transgender business is becoming trendy and I'm not convinced everyone is right for it.
the onbly problem I have with the "everyone is [or not] right for it" is that only the person her/himself can come to that conclusion, even if he/she later regrets it. Imagine that you decide to pull all your teeth out and get a prosthetic [for some reason or another], Who is to say "you are not ready for that"?
Nor am I even convinced that all of these doctors and psychologists are sure of what they're doing to people. There are doctors out there giving little kids "blockers" to keep them from going through puberty so they won't develop adult characteristics of the sex they were born as. It's insane that young children are going through mad scientist experiments at such a young age just because they think they're not the right sex.
Well, as far as I can tell they sure do know more about it than I do. It's their job to know it.
When I was a little kid, I often felt like a girl in a boy's body myself. If I was a kid in 2017 and I had such a progressive parent, they might tell me, "IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE TRANSGENDER! YOU NEED TO CHANGE! You need to start taking this and this so you won't become A MAN!"

And you know what? I grew up and I like being a man a lot (for the most part). No way in Hell am I gonna cut off my genitals and become a fake woman. It would have been nice to have been born a woman (straight guys are beyond hotter than gay guys, I don't care what you think), but I wasn't born a woman. Nature made me this way. Like so many other things in life, I CAN'T ALWAYS GET MY WAY.
I know [to some degree] where you are coming from. I will not discuss sub-cultural topics. However I will say that if an adult wants to have a sex change because they feel they were born with the wrong body, I see absolutely no fault in that.

But then the question is: what about the early teenagers that are already conscientious of their predicament? Should the parents allow or even suggest such medical intervention?

It's a very tricky situation. The teenager is still developing, and both Infancy and Teen years are the most critical when it comes to personality build up.

It's not hard to imagine all the kids that get beat up at school because they act "different": It's very ***aging to them and later in life they will show it [one way or the other] in their behavior.

You may even say "sure, but kids are awful to each other anyway, no need to go that far", to which I would reply that it must be a lot more tougher when you are fighting your inner self as well. Personality build up is critical for the way an individual sees himself and reacts to outside stimuli [positive and negative].

But we live in a time period now where people think they can have ANYTHING THEY WANT! Feeling a little less masculine? Ever thought of being a girl? IT'S OKAY, LET'S TRANSGENDERIZE YOU!
The other side of the coin is "I know you feel miserable. Sulk it up and be quiet".

I have warned John McClane that this could all be a very big mistake. But he seems to be going through with it. In all honesty, I don't care if people want to have sex changes. I'm not against it. But personally, I'm not convinced they're actually the sex they believe they are in their head. I'm not convinced they actually just have a "brain of the opposite sex in the wrong body." The LGBT movement wants acceptance. They want to prove people are born this way. They want to prove there's a gay gene... that people are born transgender.... all of that. Then, they think, they can shove all of this proof in the faces of religious people and bigots and say, "HA HA! YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE BABY, I WAS BORN THIS WAY!"
Kendra's prerogative is her own. Only she knows what is best for her.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I just don't buy that John McClane is actually a woman.

And you know what? I know for a fact that Yoda doesn't think he's really female, either. I'm sure we can add Omnizoa to the list of dissenters, as well.

We're people who think. Maybe I have no class... but I'm also someone who recognizes that he feels disturbed at the idea of a man putting female hormones into his body to grow boobs, when maybe he shouldn't.
i don't think you should speak for other people (Yoda, Omni), especially if they haven't spoken up themselves. what is said in PM is private, ffs. i also think there is a difference between disagreeing with someone's lifestyle but still being supportive of that person, even WHILE disagreeing with them. if you want to voice concern, ok fine, but be respectful about it. it's you FRIEND, right? they deserve that. but you are controlling, as usual. you are convinced JohnMcClane is completely incapable of making a decision for herself, even though she's explained how much research she's done. because i can guarantee she's done a lot more than you have.

Originally Posted by dumbass
I actually care about people. You just wanna act cool and cheer anything on if everyone else is doing it.
oh, quit acting like you know me so well that you can make such a sweeping assumption. i'm not going to assume you don't care, especially if you tell me you do. i mean, believe whatever you want about what my 'motivations' are if you must (apparently i just wanna be cool and don't actually care about JohnMcClane? lol even though we speak and keep in touch almost daily off of Mofo... but yeah, i must just be keeping that whooole friendship up because i wanna be cool so badly)

also lol @ accusing other people of being cool when your whole persona around here is basically just for attention, you narcissist