Who is your favorite Catwoman? Apparently they are

Julie Newmar
Lee Meriwether
Julia Rose
Eartha Kitt
Michelle Pfeiffer
Halle Berry
Anne Hathaway

I have seen only the last three, and my favorite is Anne Hathaway, although Michelle Pfeiffer feels perfect for that role (even her face looks a little catty).

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Who is your favorite Catwoman? Apparently they are

Julie Newmar
Lee Meriwether
Julia Rose
Eartha Kitt
Michelle Pfeiffer
Halle Berry
Anne Hathaway

I have seen only the last three, and my favorite is Anne Hathaway, although Michelle Pfeiffer feels perfect for that role (even her face looks a little catty).
Halle Berry is by far the worst.

Julie Newmar was one of the hottest, IMO, but Michelle Pfeiffer was oh so yummy. She gets my vote!

Semper Fooey
Julia Rose????

Okay, I looked that up. She really doesn't count.

Halle Berry without a doubt

The only one who captured the 50/50 sociopath/succubus perfectly was Anne Hathaway
I know right? And at the same time she had a human side, guilts about betraying Batman, fighting to survive etc.

Lool yeah Halley Berry is the worst...

And the best is Mich Pfeiffer

I'm not old, you're just 12.
For me, it's Michelle Pfeiffer. End of story. There's a weird kinkiness to her performance that made her the best of all the Catwomen.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Catwoman was a good character in The Dark Knight Rises, but Anne Hathway did not steal the show, thus she was a weak Catwoman. I was really excited to see her try to pull this off and while I enjoyed her character, I felt she was upstaged by Marion Cotillard and Tom Hardy as the other villains. Anne Hathway did not exude much presence. Anne Hathaway got that role because she looks like she could be a Catwoman and she's a fitting A-list actress at the moment.

I think the best performances by Catwoman were performed by Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar, with Julie Newmar being slightly ahead, but Eartha gives a tremendous performance.

Michelle Pfeiffer is good, but I think she's just looked at more because she's the best thing about Batman Returns, she did very fun things in it and she's got that whip and the whole S&M thing going on.

Catwoman was a good character in The Dark Knight Rises, but Anne Hathway did not steal the show, thus she was a weak Catwoman. I was really excited to see her try to pull this off and while I enjoyed her character, I felt she was upstaged by Marion Cotillard and Tom Hardy as the other villains. Anne Hathway did not exude much presence
Did we watch the same movie? Her antics were one of the only things entertaining me, and I recall most of the film's thread praising her.

Did we watch the same movie? Her antics were one of the only things entertaining me, and I recall most of the film's thread praising her.
Ah, but we can watch the same movie and process it very differently. Anne Hathaway's antics were entertaining, but her Catwoman wasn't game changing. That was just Anne Hathaway with edge. I'd say the movie itself doesn't do justice to what I think would be a good Catwoman.

I was more fascinated by Tom Hardy's Bane and I found mystery woman Marion Cotillard a more alluring treat. She would have probably made a good Catwoman. Anne Hathaway -- this doll was strongly criticized for hosting the Academy Awards. I say she belongs there and should go back. She is not really a sexy, menacing devil suitable for Catwoman. She is a vaudeville show host waiting to happen. I think Halle Berry makes a better Catwoman. Put Halle Berry in a REAL Catwoman/Batman situation and not that junk movie she did and everyone would adore her.

I thought Catwoman would steal the show in Dark Knight Rises. She didn't. And I went in thinking she would. The fact that she didn't with me... I cannot say her performance blew me away, then. You may have liked her for particular reasons that work with you, but she was ultimately a fail with me. And that's not completely Anne Hathaway's fault -- the movie itself ultimately made her boring. But I say she went with it instead of trying to surpass it in her own special way. She's good to watch in the movie, but I don't think she's exactly a SUPERSTAR! with the whole Catwoman thing.

Also, I wouldn't trust what everyone says right this moment about the performance. This gal is going to spawn a lot of sympathy support right now -- "Oh, I love her. She's better than Michelle Pfeiffer. She's the best." -- but twenty years from now, people are gonna be off the Dark Knight Rises drug and really speak their feelings. I don't see her lasting forever as a great actress for playing Catwoman. But I do think that Tom Hardy's Bane has a chance of going a farther distance. That was a character that both worked for what the movie ultimately executed and for his own touch with what he did with the role. Was he better than The Joker? No. But neither was Catwoman. She was the person I counted on to win the movie and give it its due. She was supposed to help strengthen the movie on a level with The Dark Knight. I don't think she did at all. And I think Tom Hardy did most of the work while Anne Hathaway did nothing. She was not memorable.

Michelle Pfeiffer will ultimately own this role forever. I don't think anything's gonna defeat her strange, cute, dominatrix demon performance. I like the performances by Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar and I think they're classic, but Batman Returns Catwoman is the one that's larger than life and more easily found.

I guess it depends on what performances you like more. I liked Anne Hathaway more than the other Catwomen in the same way I like Daniel Craig more than the other Bonds: they tone down the villain/superhero elements and add more emotional depth and realism to their performances.
Michelle Pfeiffer's performance (the voice, the eyes, the whole attitude) seems to me more superficial, a little retro and without a connection to this world.
Same goes for, say, Roger Moore as Bond: he has this whole "I am so charming/I can do everything" image that fails to impress me.
Although I do agree on Tom Hardy: he was great as Bane.

A system of cells interlinked
Hathaway, by far.

Why does being Plain Jane human have to always equal emotional depth? Seriously -- Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman has no connection to this world? I doubt it. That role is as over the top as Heath Ledger's Joker and yet everyone is obsessed with him -- they are with Pfeiffer's Catwoman, too. If people can be so obsessed with them, there's GOTTA be a connection. There's gotta be strong emotional resonance. Probably a lot more so than these stick figures (not referring to body shape) like Hathaway's Catwoman.

Even Daniel Craig's appeal has largely been based on his sex appeal alone.

Also, Pfeiffer's Catwoman is hardly retro. Tim Burton did right by creating her the way he did. That creature is more fitted for the future than any other Catwoman there has ever been.

Whoa.. there's a difference between "over the top" and "no connection to this world". Heath Ledger's Joker, as extraordinary he was, was perfect - and had a big "connection to this world", the way I see it, even though you probably won't find many of those.
Of course plainness is not equal to depth. Neither is extraordinary beauty.
And I don't even find Daniel Craig attractive..
As for the future, how do you know? Have you seen it?

Not that I am trying to convince anybody, of course - having different opinions, especially concerning art and entertainment, is natural.

Halle Berry