The Best MOVIE of ALL TIME

Tools    

Ok if you had to narrow it down to ONE movie ONLY ONE to its greatness in film which would it be

The Shawshank Redemption

I like spiderman better. All Spiderman movies

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's a difficult question. I don't actually have a favourite movie. For years, if anyone asked me my favourite movie I would say The Matrix, because it seemed to represent everything I wanted from a film: an intelligent, good looking sci-fi thriller with a twisting plot, plenty of action and a side order of romance and a cool soundtrack. But then came the bloated sequels which seemed somehow to devalue the original movie, and I suppose what you like when you are seventeen is not necessarily what you like when you are older.

At the moment I have Show Me Love (****ing Amal) listed as my top movie, but I would always rather list a top 5, or 10, or preferably 50, than one favourite film. Even my top 5 or 10 I can recognise have flaws, and I would hesitate to say any of them are the best movie of all time, however much I like them.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Did you really, really think this thread hadn't all ready been made before?

I still can't think of a movie better than Troy (2004).
That's a joke, right

Wow, I return after over a month, and I have to come back to this...simply stunning. Kill your account, now.

I have to return some videotapes.
Oh please it is a terrible movie
I second that. Troy falls well short of even being consirded an OK film.

Aspiring actor/Budding *******
I would say it's between "Pulp Fiction" and "A Clockwork Orange" for me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Should the best be automatically your favorite?
Your favourite isn't automatically the best, you can really like a film while also recognising it probably isn't the best film ever made. But if there is a film that you really can't think of any film better than (even if it is Troy...) and think it is the best film ever made, then I would have thought it would be listed as your favourite film, otherwise there must be something wrong with it to make it not your favourite. If you see what I mean.