What's the definition of a "horror" movie?

Tools    

Tell me how Devils Rejects is a horror?.
this movie has the premise as halloween and cabin fever, making it a horror movie yes, with slasher elements, so yes it s a horror film

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
this movie has the premise as halloween and cabin fever, making it a horror movie yes, with slasher elements, so yes it s a horror film
Have you ever seen it?. it's in no way shape or form a horror.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Have you ever seen it?. it's in no way shape or form a horror.
i don t get why it is not, to you, but i totally respect your opinion, but when i saw it i thought it s a good slasher film, usually slasher films are horror movies, same thing with Texas chainsaw massacre

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
i ve not seen a horror comedy in a long time, but Ghostbusters could be at the top of that list, aswell as gremlins if im not mistaken

Ghostbusters isn't a horror movie, and it's not tagged as horror on IMDB either.

Silence of the lambs has nothing to do with horror, it s an and out crime thriller, it goes in the same territory as: seven, kiss the girls, zodiac, copycat etc....
That's your opinion. Either way, it doesn't matter. Silence of the Lambs is not eligible for the countdown.
it s not my opinion, its the logical answer, it has nothing to do with horror, it s a serial killer film, with police investigations, it has to be a crime thriller.
while Heat is a crime drama,but goes into action territory.

Scream is "a serial killer film, with police investigations", so why is Scream a horror movie, but Silence of the Lambs is a crime thriller?

I’ve been saying that Jurassic Park (original) is a horror but completely understand that mostly it is adventure type film yet you could stack up the horror moments and they’d be a good portion of the entire film.

Maybe if the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were stabbing people with knives instead of eating them, it might be considered a horror movie.

Scream is "a serial killer film, with police investigations", so why is Scream a horror movie, but Silence of the Lambs is a crime thriller?
scream s whole tone is jump scares, dreaded feeling, and sense of fear, it is in no way a crime thriller

Maybe if the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were stabbing people with knives instead of eating them, it might be considered a horror movie.
have u ever been around in 1993 when the movie was released, and did anyone say oh listen Jurassic park is a horror movie, children should not watch it...
it s been marketed and known as an adventure film, the most original adventure film since oblivion back then, with great cgi, it was never marketed as a horror movie... lol

have u ever been around in 1993 when the movie was released, and did anyone say oh listen Jurassic park is a horror movie, children should not watch it...
I was around in 1993 when the film was released. I was 12. I never heard anyone specifically call it a "horror" movie, but multiple adults I knew insisted that it was far too frightening for children - even for kids as old as I was.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I’ve been saying that Jurassic Park (original) is a horror but completely understand that mostly it is adventure type film yet you could stack up the horror moments and they’d be a good portion of the entire film.

Lol! Can’t say anymore because I’ll get in trouble. Hehehe (school girl giggles)

I have to watch it again but in Scream I don't think police investigation is the focus of the movie.

Can someone explain why Passengers (2008) is tagged as "horror" on IMDB?

Also, why is The Dead Zone (1983) tagged as "horror"?
I forget much of The Dead Zone but I know he has psychic powers. I think that would automatically make it part fantasy or horror since you're dealing with something not real.

Haven't seen Passengers; maybe a mistake?

Lol! Can’t say anymore because I’ll get in trouble. Hehehe (school girl giggles)
why so afraid, just say whatever u want, it s a free country you know

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
why so afraid, just say whatever u want, it s a free country you know
I was being a bit rude which is not good. All good though. It’s ok to disagree. I’m just not clear on a definition yet, think it’s a bit more complicated than others do.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think Silence of the Lambs has things in it that are done in a horror movie style. The way Hannibal Lecter escapes from prison is more horror like compared to the types of prison escapes you see movies that are just straight up thriller, like The Fugitive for example.

The way Clarice Starling has to find the killer in the dark is done in more of a horror way compared to the night vision sequence in a thriller like Zero Dark Thirty for example.

I was around in 1993 when the film was released. I was 12. I never heard anyone specifically call it a "horror" movie, but multiple adults I knew insisted that it was far too frightening for children - even for kids as old as I was.
That's some fragile parenting, it's a Spielberg family movie.