Top cult movie

Tools    

funny little thing in If Chins Could Kill, bruce cambell's autobiography

"mainstream film: movie that 100,000 people see 10 times.
cult film: movie that 10 people see 100,000 times."

my list of my cult movies.....

kentucky fried movie

top secret

tremmors

pet cematery

the comitments

mel brooks the history of the world

my defenition of a cult movie is a movie that when ill have a kid, he'll say : **** dad..... what the **** did you see in those movies....?
and ill just smile and shake my head....

by the way..... the goonies rock

also.. i forgot but it just came to me....

the omen I II & III
those movies kick ass.....

Originally Posted by aggromaggro
anyone born in the 80's would agree with me on this: the goonies! hands down! i swear i have seen that movie like a hundred times!
The Goonies is a Spielberg hit that was widely released and mass marketed. It is [u]not[/i] a cult film. Yet we love it all the same.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I want to see that movie but I am not allowed to but I heard it was the bigest cult movie of all times!I also know this by watching behind the sceans of it on tv!(Dad was not home!)
I could name a tv cult show called "AB-FAB" But this is for movies so I better now!See you around!JM
Try going to http://www.dvdmagnet.com they have it on sale.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Blade Runner.
Re-Animator. Anyone seen this awesome gore feast? it's a cult classic in the vein of "Evil Dead", it's got gore, sex, a talking severed zombie head licking a chick's other part, surgery scenes that are realistic, good acting and Jeffery Combs.
Evil Dead.
Evil Dead 2.
Dawn of the Dead.
Day of the Dead.
From Dusk Till Dawn.
Demons.
Suspiria.
Dark Crystal.
Labyrinth.
Princess Bride.
The Last Unicorn.
Secret of NIMH.
Akira.
Ghost in The Shell.
Ichi The Killer.
Battle Royale.
Riki-Oh The Story of Ricky. ( Awesome ultra-violent and hypergory Hong Kong sci-fi prison flick about a superstrong prisoner killing all the bad guys and wardens with strength, it's even got the infamous head crush shown on " The Daily Show", a Must see!)
The Fifth Element.
Dark City.
Wizards.
From Dusk Till Dawn.

A system of cells interlinked
Blade Runner? Labyrinth? The Dark Crystal?

This is a cult movie thread, man....

Labyrinth was MASSIVE when it came out, and was a major blockbuster hit. Dark Crystal won many awards, made lots of money, everyone from my grandmother to my 4 year old neice has seen it...

ah that's right, I remember this thread now, 4 pages of people arguing about what a cult classic is....

Just remembered why I bailed on it the first time

"Cult Movies have limited but special appeal. Cult movies are usually strange, quirky, offbeat, eccentric, oddball, or surreal, with outrageous and cartoony characters or plots, garish sets and they are often considered controversial. They elicit a fiery passion in devoted fans, and may cause cultists to enthusiastically champion these films, leading to audience participation and repetitive viewings and showings. Cult movie worshippers persuasively argue with all about the merits of their choices, without regard for standard newspaper or movie reviews.
Many cult movies fared poorly at the box office when first shown, but then achieved cult-movie status, developing an enduring loyalty and following among fans. Cult movies have tremendous followings with certain groups, e.g., college campuses, midnight movie crowds, etc. Camp films are cult-type movies, but they are often poorly made or ludicrous, yet still enjoyable and appreciated. Cult movies follow no rules or pattern - some cult movies are popular only among certain limited groups of audiences or friends."

This is a quote so I take no credit for it. Anyway call it cult or not Flash Gordon is my favortie.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Big hits? no way dude, Labyrinth and Dark Crystal were box-office flops then turned into cult movies.

How come no one is mentioning "Re-Animator" or " Riki-Oh The Story of Ricky"?

A system of cells interlinked
They were not flops, no way, no how. I know this, because I was there. Labyrinth was huge, had a great opening weekend, and there were numerous television specials about the effects, characters, Bowie, and the then up and coming Jennifer Connelly. I remember the lines at the theaters going to see this when it came out, and it didn't flop. Please show me information corroberating your claims. There isn't any.

The Dark Crystal was even bigger, grossing over 40 million in theaters and 24 million in rentals. Again, you would be hard pressed to find a person, young or old, who hasn't heard of The Dark Crystal. Currently sitting at 84% fresh on the data-mining review site Rotten Tomatoes, all information available points to anything but a box office flop, with both critics and audiences agreeing. The Dark Crystal is the diametric opposite of a cult classic.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Has anyone seen " Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky"? awesome Hong Kong import that is savagely violent and ultra-gory about this superstrong prisoner kicking the a$$es of all the bad prisoners, three evil tough thugs and two sinister wardens, it's kind of an anime come to life.

It's a mixture of " Battle Royale", " Ichi The Killer", " Fist of the North Star" and " Cool Hand Luke", You must see "Riki-Oh".

1. Donnie Darko
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
3. (I'm almost 100% sure it's not a cult classic but it's a damn good movie) The Believer
A storm is coming Frank says, a storm that will swallow the children. And I will deliver them from the Kingdom of pain. I will deliver the childern back to their doorsteps. I will send the monster back to the Underground. I will send it to a place where no one else can see; Except for me. 'Cause I am Donnie Darko.

Fasten your seat belts...
Here's mine:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lastseduction.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	4228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barbarella44.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	4229   Click image for larger version

Name:	pirmovie.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	4230   Click image for larger version

Name:	valley.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	4231  

An Original Flavor Formation
I've scanned this entire joint and to be honest a Bamma has to question whether or not ya'll simply puttin' down your favorites (as I've seen many heads do in almost every thread), or are you actually ponderin' something logical to contribute. C'mon ya'll, flow with the realness. True to form and because a Bamma doesn't like to spit regurgitations of logic already laid for (thank you Sedai et. al), get down with these forreal cult classics:

Blazing Saddles (1974. dir by Mel Brooks)
Space Balls (1987. dir by Mel Brooks)

Now, who shot ya?

the best cult movie "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE"
Ed wood rocks!!!

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by kenny
the best cult movie "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE"
Ed wood rocks!!!
Ed Wood the movie with Johnny was excellent!