'Yoda' warns of Climate Change

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Couldn't resist this...

Now the Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...153513,00.html

Marshall [who is behind the report's findings], 82, is a Pentagon legend who heads a secretive think-tank dedicated to weighing risks to national security called the Office of Net Assessment. Dubbed 'Yoda' by Pentagon insiders who respect his vast experience, he is credited with being behind the Department of Defence's push on ballistic-missile defence.

Symons, who left the EPA in protest at political interference, said that the suppression of the report was a further instance of the White House trying to bury evidence of climate change. 'It is yet another example of why this government should stop burying its head in the sand on this issue.'
Even without the alarming claims the pentagon put forward...

( http://www.guardian.co.uk/climatecha...153547,00.html )

....this is another "great" example of the Bush-admin REFUSING to accept that (a) Climate change is a reality, and (b) that human actions could have any influence on it.....EVEN WHEN his own scientists, and the majority of the world's scientists, assert it to be the case. And these aren't people normally given to assertions in such complex areas.

Here's another recent example of scientific-suppression by the White House, just for fun...

Bush covers up climate research
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...046363,00.html

My life isn't written very well.
Gosh...I fell like I'm living in China--or worse--TEXAS!!!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

A system of cells interlinked
ummmm, Yikes. Magnetic Storms??? I thought yesterday was bad. Well Now I can party like there is no tomorrow I guess. Sheesh. Bad day.

*pours a Dark and Stormy*

Guess I should plan my vacation now instead o later eh?

_S

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Gosh...I fell like I'm living in China--or worse--TEXAS!!!

Originally Posted by Sedai
ummmm, Yikes. Magnetic Storms??? I thought yesterday was bad. Well Now I can party like there is no tomorrow I guess. Sheesh. Bad day.

*pours a Dark and Stormy*

Guess I should plan my vacation now instead o later eh?

_S
Ahh, the time-scale is uncertain (but yeah, the violent change is looking pretty likely ).

But on a sunny note...:

The increasing evidence should focus nations'/industries' minds on preparing and limiting the damage...i.e....:

-intensifying/speeding up research into global-emission-tackling energy techniques (i.e. not into hydrogen-technology really, as that contributes to greenhouse-gas-emissions) [yay, Django has been saving us all this time with his wave-research Thank goodness his dogma wasn't aimed at the other end of the scale ]

-organic plants withstand the vagueries of increasingly variable weather far better than "intensive" approaches (although not complete extremes of course). They might get a well-deserved boost.

Aside from that, batten those hatches...