Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Screamin' Jay Hawkins

If I had a third thumb it would be up too.

Anyway, my latest discovery is Funkadelic, George Clinton's sister band to Parliament.

Recently been obsessed with Primus's music. I just can't gets me enough of that bass.

Also a few weeks back I heard a song from Chris Murray, and I must say his brand of reggae is a great brand. Check out "Rock Steady" and "Let There Be Peace" from him.

A system of cells interlinked
Abakus - Great dub producer.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Paul Casey, an excellent singer/songwriter from Derry.

I must become Caligari..!
I have been a fan of MUSE for a while, They are ok, Nothing great but ok music.

The Last big desoveries over the last 3 months ago have Opeth, Isis and Muddy Waters, All three utter brilliance.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I saw Muse live four years ago for the first time, now I´ve seen them maybe 5 times - they just keep coming here. There are great but have been adopted by an irritatingly trendy crowd lately.

How come you´ve just discovered them? They have been huge for maybe two years now.

Oh, and I fell in love with Ken Stringfellow.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Atreyu

An awesome metalcore band.

Refused

I realy like them their pioneers of Emo, a head of there time.

Harvey Danger

I caught one of their shows about two weeks ago, it was very good

Muse keep coming to god forsaken Finland! You´re right, it´s really a whole different music market in Europe and U.S. If you get the chance to see them live, it´s really worth it, they´re one of the best live bands at the moment.

Bug Planet Proximus
Originally Posted by trompelemonde
I saw Muse live four years ago for the first time, now I´ve seen them maybe 5 times - they just keep coming here. There are great but have been adopted by an irritatingly trendy crowd lately.

How come you´ve just discovered them? They have been huge for maybe two years now.
It's same on both sides of the world, man. Here in Australia they also have had aknowledgable fame for about 2 years. Over a year ago I got in to them, saw them live and such, but for the last 6-10 months they have attained a new horrible teenager/mainstream fan base. Nowadays I don't advertise that I have Muse albums and that once upon a time I was a fan. (don't get me wrong, I still like the music;NOTE: "like")

Just another of the re-occuring reasons I don't get hooked on new bands or advertise any of my tastes in music, new or old.

Thank you for saying that, I thought I was the only one being a closet Muse fan nowadays. Why do I care about these teenager fans? I really don´t know. Somehow the fanbase does matter.

Btw, it´s Ms. Trompelemonde.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Bjork is the newist artist I've gotten into lately. There's just something about her music that just kicks total ass. I just like it, dunno why.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by undead_bunny
Bjork is the newist artist I've gotten into lately. There's just something about her music that just kicks total ass. I just like it, dunno why.
I was watching Léon: The Professional ...and heard a Bjork song in the movie that I like. I think it was Bjork.