Things that take you back...

Tools    

I was just struck by a song that took me right back to 8th grade, Nelly Furtado's Turn off the light. Hearing this stirred up memories of reading Ultimate X-Men on the bleachers in the gymnasium. Any stuff that makes anyone else reminisce about the past?

...uh the post is up there...

You're a Genius all the time
Yeah, whenever I hear crappy alternative rock from the late 90's like Third Eye Blind or Everclear or something, I get a major blast from the past. But then I move on. I don't think about Ultimate X-Men, though, it's mostly just horribly awkward experiences I had with ninth grade girlfriends or going laser tagging and whatnot. Plus, I was more of an Ultimate Spider-Man kinda guy.

Yeah, whenever I hear crappy alternative rock from the late 90's like Third Eye Blind or Everclear or something, I get a major blast from the past. But then I move on. I don't think about Ultimate X-Men, though, it's mostly just horribly awkward experiences I had with ninth grade girlfriends or going laser tagging and whatnot. Plus, I was more of an Ultimate Spider-Man kinda guy.

Yea, some of the late 90's stuff like; Blink 182, or that "I'm Blue" song really take me back to when I was just entering into Junior High. Movies like The Matrix or The Blair Witch Project are instant reminders of that time for me. As well as Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina Of Time for N64 bring back hours of irritation and fun. I also read Ultimate Spidey, unfortunately I found myself eventually losing interest in both series, they were making the marvel universe into something I didn't care for. Most things relating to girls I would prefer to forget as I was humiliatingly shy and awkward.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Marilyn Manson - Fight Song

That takes me back to school with my mate as we would play it in class (through our top quality little speakers that rattled, hooked up to our personal cd player lol) and start moshing between us, it wound the teachers up all the time. We used all types of songs like, Slipknot, KoRn etc and we got most of the boys to join i with the plan once and the teacher pooped her pants lol She thought there was a war going on!

I was just struck by a song that took me right back to 8th grade, Nelly Furtado's Turn off the light. Hearing this stirred up memories of reading Ultimate X-Men on the bleachers in the gymnasium. Any stuff that makes anyone else reminisce about the past?
I like Nelly Furtado – I'll throw that out there .

You do time travel with music, it really feels that way. A biggie for me is Withnail's Theme from Withnail and I. It's not as if it's ever played outside the film but that would take me back to a particularly happy time.