Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Round 1, Day 2

Before You Exit - Settle for Less vs. The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow

Robbie Williams - Angels vs. Frijid Pink - God Gave Me You

Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All vs. Walter Egan-Magnet and Steel

La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love (The video for "Peter Cetera - Glory of Love" has the message "This video has been removed by the user. Sorry about that.", so I used this link instead.)

Hurts - Somebody to Die for vs. Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e

John Prine & Iris DeMent - In Spite of Ourselves vs. The Tomangoes - I Really Love You

Eric Clapton-Forever Man vs. Britney Spears - State of Grace

Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours vs. Chris Young - Center of My World

Round 1, Day 2

Before You Exit - Settle for Less vs. The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
loved both.
again i like both,ive always liked angels but as below felt maybe the second one has something a bit more valentine about it
gave the win to cher and peter as i thought it had a bit more of a valentine vibe to it but liked both
La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
the first one was really cute and would make a great soundtrack on a romantic comedy or something.
lol my computer is having a meltdown lately so it takes ages for pages to load-about midway through the first one i thought they overdid the echo a bit-then realised i had clicked it twice the one window just wasnt showing yet lol it was actually pretty cool though
John Prine & Iris DeMent - In Spite of Ourselves vs. The Tomangoes - I Really Love You
Eric Clapton is great,but not BritneySpears-kind of great

Very good! I'm not late on this thread. I'm about to make a post with an update on my insane day and a half. It was nuts. I will then update this thread with my votes, the winners, and the next round. I do need to go to the grocers somewhere in between.

I just noticed that MoJo and one other never did vote. I'll PM them.

*EDIT*

Tattwo!

Sorry everyone, I though this was a round per week and yesterday I was kind of busy I almost didn't touch the laptop all day.

Round 1, Day 2

I didn't like mine that much anyway.

La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
Was Glory of Love the same one from Karate Kid? Anyway, this one is really well known but I still choose mine here.

Wow, 3 of my noms. The second one had a beatiful lyrics too! Maybe Somebody to Die For was better on the video I saw it.

At the beggining after I listen to number two I thought I already decided the winner, then I heard number 1 and I didn't get why I was choosing number 2, I didn't like In Spite of Ourselves.

I can't stop thinking I heard State of Grace somewhere, it sounded so familiar, it was really good!

I wasn't in love with either one but the first one was better

We are just waiting for MoJo. I'll make sure his votes are needed, but more than likely some will be. I don't think that's ever happened the other way around. This is another reason I like the odd number amount of players. It makes for the perfect tie~breaker.

Britney Spears - State of Grace
State Of Grace would've sat ok on the album imo (yes Toppers - I own Blackout )

well i just fell in love with you didnt i!

Round 1, Day 3

Kenny Rogers - Through the Years vs. Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher
i like both
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony vs. 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
I love the first one-its one of my favourite songs but i not getting valentine from it
The Monkees ~ Sometime in the Morning vs. Yves Montand - C'est Si Bon
i liked both!
Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss vs. Imperial Leisure - The Landlord's Daughter
my nom!
Exile - Woke Up In Love vs. Magic Man - Paris
i really liked both-the pictures of trailers in the first one though
Mama Im Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name
i like both songs,but not getting much valentine from either lol
Beyonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love
Love Gary Barlow but sticking with my nom. My noms are mostly for the valentine evenings lmfao
The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson-Without You
well this was pretty impossible...i love the temper trap,i didnt know the second one was originally by a man-which made me like it more.

Round 1, Day 3

Kenny Rogers - Through the Years vs. Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher-I rarely vote against Mr. Rogers but that's one sappy ballad. I'm not crazy about the other but it's a solid classic.

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony vs. 10cc - The Things We Do For Love-I'm just feeling the second much more for this particular tournament.

The Monkees ~ Sometime in the Morning vs. Yves Montand - C'est Si Bon-The first was nice even though I'm not much of a Monkees fan. I didn't like the other nearly as much as I wanted to.

Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss vs. Imperial Leisure - The Landlord's Daughter-It always hurts my soul to vote for trailer park Spears, but I liked her song much more in this case.

Exile - Woke Up In Love vs. Magic Man - Paris-That second is another that gives me shame for voting for it, but the other did nothing for me.

Mama Im Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name-I don't really like either for this tournament, so I'll just go with what I consider to be the far superior song.

Byonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love-Whoever nominated Byonce should get a temporary ban.

The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson-Without You-I've been listening to the second a lot since recently rediscovering it in the movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Round 1, Day 3

Kenny Rogers - Through the Years vs. Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher

Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss vs. Imperial Leisure - The Landlord's Daughter

Mama I'm Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name

Beyonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love

The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson - Without You

Round 1, Day 3

KR tune too sappy for my taste and up against a stompin' soul classic stands no chance with me.

Best thing The Verve did by a mile but also one I tire of quite easily and it's up against a great track.

That Monkees choon is pretty forgettable while C'Est Si Bon is a standard delivered well by Yves.

Acceptable but unremarkable Britney - I'll stick with my IL nom that I knew would get little to no love but makes me smile

Despite nothing shouting Valentines like some pics of trucks I just about have to side against them here

Mama Im Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name
An Ozzy track I usually press the skip button on when it starts against a song that imo is massively played out and overrated anyway .... neither of which really shout Valentines to me .... tough one and if Ned can pass on voting on a match then so will I unless my vote is actually needed.

Byonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love
Pains me to do it - hopefully the one and only time I ever have to vote for anything Barlow though some of the noms in this set do give cause for concern on that front.

The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson-Without You
Hoo-bloody-ray - a match where I like both

Round 1, Day 3

Despite nothing shouting Valentines like some pics of trucks I just about have to side against them here

I wasn't a fan of that truck video either, but there are a few different versions of that song, and that was the version that I like best, so it was the trucks video, or the wrong version of the song.

I wasn't a fan of that truck video either, but there are a few different versions of that song, and that was the version that I like best, so it was the trucks video, or the wrong version of the song.
It's fine - the trucks didn't influence my vote, I vote on what I'm hearing not what I'm seeing .... sadly I had a very small preference for the other song on this occasion. Was just attempting to add a little humour to my comments as there were quite a few tracks in this set that don't suit my personal taste

Listening now, but Lisa I'm surprised you've not heard Angels before. It's very popular over here as a wedding song . I thought it was a worldwide hit that one. Also Topsy not knowing Without You was originally done by a man...that makes me feel very old!

Also Topsy not knowing Without You was originally done by a man...that makes me feel very old!
Newsflash honey: we are