Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

Round 1, Day 1

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins vs. A Fine Frenzy - Near to You I liked Near to You but it went on too long

Billy Ocean - Suddenly vs. Britney Spears - Touch of My Hand not mad on either

Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn vs. Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People in the World two nice songs but not overwhelmed by either

Delegation - Oh Honey vs. Salt-N-Pepa ~ Let's Talk About Sex I still Like Salt N Pepa, they still sassy

Bryan Adams & Tina Turner - It's Only Love vs. Iyeoka - Simply Falling no contest although I like Tina, Iyeoka is very classy

Don't Believe a Word - Thin Lizzy vs. Oasis - Slide Away I'm an Oasis fan, but Thin Lizzy were brilliant and that song takes me right back to some happy time

Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life vs. Its Your Love - Faith Hill and Tim McGraw don't like either much

Selena - Dreaming of You vs. Janis Joplin-Cry Baby aww Janis, what a woman, what a voice

Best in this round - Janis, Thin Lizzy, Salt N Pepa, Iyeoka

Round 1 Day 1

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins vs. A Fine Frenzy - Near to You

I love Phil Collins but Near you was going to be one of my nominations...em I just read the first post, this one is mine . On a serious note I wanted to nominate something of Phil Collins, I just wasn't sure if there were romantic ones.

Billy Ocean - Suddenly vs. Britney Spears - Touch of My Hand

To be honest I liked Touch of my hand by Topsy's avatar but I think that Suddenly is a more romantic song!

Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn vs. Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People in the World

This one was a tough one!

Delegation - Oh Honey vs. Salt-N-Pepa ~ Let's Talk About Sex

I like this one better

Bryan Adams & Tina Turner - It's Only Love vs. Iyeoka - Simply Falling

I just don't see a rock song as a better love song (it might not be rock, I really have a bad time knowing which one is which (music categories)(bracketception)))

Don't Believe a Word - Thin Lizzy vs. Oasis - Slide Away

Slide Away just feels better

Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life vs. Its Your Love - Faith Hill and Tim McGraw

I'm not that much of a Michael J fan.

Selena - Dreaming of You vs. Janis Joplin-Cry Baby

What a beautiful song!

Round 1, Day 1

I like the phil collins song,but the verses arnt as good as the chorus. Never heard the second one,really liked it.
my nom obviously
Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn vs. Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People in the World
when i heard the first one i thought it was going to be easy,but i really loved both of them,sad one of them have to go. the second one was a bit more catchier but the first one had a great voice.
i like the second one,but the first one is something i can see people putting on over dinner hoping to get lucky lmfao
i liked both so i went with the one i thought had more "valentine vibes"
liked both
Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life vs. Its Your Love - Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
both okey it helps that Tim & Faith are such a cute couple!
I love selena and this song,but i can see it being too cutsie and sappy for some.Im goint to stick to my own nom,but im good with it going out to cry baby.

Round 1, Day 1

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins vs. A Fine Frenzy - Near to You-Not big on either, but I'd rather listen to a woman's voice and the second isn't as corny.

Billy Ocean - Suddenly vs. Britney Spears - Touch of My Hand-The first has never been my type but I've still always liked it. The other was decent in parts.

Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn vs. Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People in the World-I didn't like either, but at least the first artist has an excuse for sounding like a woman.

Delegation - Oh Honey vs. Salt-N-Pepa ~ Let's Talk About Sex-I thought I'd be going the other way because I listened to the second on maybe the wildest night of my life. After just hearing it again, I think it's awful. The first song was nice.

Bryan Adams & Tina Turner - It's Only Love vs. Iyeoka - Simply Falling-I thought I'd be going the other way but I loved the second. She reminded me of Amy.

Don't Believe a Word - Thin Lizzy vs. Oasis - Slide Away-Thin Lizzy over Oasis any day for me, although the music in the second was decent.

Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life vs. Its Your Love - Faith Hill and Tim McGraw-There's not much Wacko I'd ever vote for.

Selena - Dreaming of You vs. Janis Joplin-Cry Baby-Janis is proof that you can fall in love with a woman's soul.

Ned, I had you add two more songs. I didn't realize there was no need in doing that. Those are the two I got rid of. I figured why not, since that's how it all came to be.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Round 1, Day 1

I'm going to listen to these now, and then post the next set during the early evening. I want these on a night time schedule. Not an early morning schedule, like the first set was. I just can't pull that off every morning, before I either leave, or crash.

I will post the winners right before I do the next set, later on tonight. I have a review to get posted first, in the 40's thread. Life is working my ass off right now, so I must get for a bit . . .

1 Both Songs Kinda Stink But Guess will Vote Monkees
2 God Gave Me You
3 After All Finally A Good Song too vote for. Sorry if am kinda picky
4 Glory Of Love----Its one of my songs so easy vote.
5 Love
6 Pass Not really feeling either song as something id vote for.
7 State Of Grace----While I like Clapton fine the Spears song had better lyrics too it.
8 Make Me Yours

Sorry if came across as negative im just and older music fan when comes too this kind of music or specific songs.

Dont worry about some post its just a tournament and you update this whenever you can or when things get better. Dont worry about a thread dude for its your ship and you update it when you can and i am sure most would be patient about a personal delay issue.

Round 1, Day 2

Before You Exit - Settle for Less vs. The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
Not mad keen on either but preference for the latter.

Robbie Williams - Angels vs. Frijid Pink - God Gave Me You
One of the few Robbie songs I like but still a very easy choice for me.

Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All vs. Walter Egan-Magnet and Steel
First is just too saccharine for my personal taste.

La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
Nice rendition of La Vie En Rose - Glory Of Love link had been removed so I used this link instead.

Hurts - Somebody to Die for vs. Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e
Tough one, like them both ... going with the one I'd not heard before.

John Prine & Iris DeMent - In Spite of Ourselves vs. The Tomangoes - I Really Love You
Would love to vote for the first one but it's up against my lovely Northern Soul stomper.

Eric Clapton-Forever Man vs. Britney Spears - State of Grace
Not a favourite Clapton track for me; State Of Grace would've sat ok on the album imo (yes Toppers - I own Blackout )

Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours vs. Chris Young - Center of My World
Liked the other too though.

Hope all is well with the daughter Lisa.

I hope your daughter is ok!

Round 1, Day 2

Before You Exit - Settle for Less vs. The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow

Robbie Williams - Angels vs. Frijid Pink - God Gave Me You - the other song is great too, but I do like Robbie a lot

Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All vs. Walter Egan-Magnet and Steel

La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love - that is a very pretty version of La Vie En Rose

Hurts - Somebody to Die for vs. Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e

John Prine & Iris DeMent - In Spite of Ourselves vs. The Tomangoes - I Really Love You damn I love a bit of Northern Soul. I'll vote for Bettye instead then

Eric Clapton-Forever Man vs. Britney Spears - State of Grace

Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours vs. Chris Young - Center of My World - I liked both of these. Hard choice but soul is a favourite of mine

Round 1, Day 2

Before You Exit - Settle for Less vs. The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow-I was going to make fun of the first, but then it occurred to me that there's really nothing wrong with it. It's just for a different age group.

Robbie Williams - Angels vs. Frijid Pink - God Gave Me You-Frijid Pink making an appearance two tournaments in a row? Excellent!

Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All vs. Walter Egan-Magnet and Steel-It's amazing how much Peter Cetera sucked after he left Chicago.

La Vie en Rose vs. Peter Cetera - Glory of Love-I hate the second song, HATE HATE HATE!

Hurts - Somebody to Die for vs. Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e-The first wasn't bad but Nat is too strong.

John Prine & Iris DeMent - In Spite of Ourselves vs. The Tomangoes - I Really Love You-Hate to vote against either but I got such a kick out of the first.

Eric Clapton-Forever Man vs. Britney Spears - State of Grace-The first is a favorite for both me and wifey.

Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours vs. Chris Young - Center of My World-Both decent; I just prefer the style of the first song.

Praying for you and your daughter, D!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I will continue this if everything is OK. I'm needing to take my daughter to the ER.

Ðèstîñy, I hope your daughter is okay.

Don't worry about this song tournament. We can put it on hold if you need to be with your daughter.