MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Signups/Draft

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
*looks at Yoda’s lineup for last years winning team*

*copies all names of players that were on said winning team*

👀
We all do that, so good luck in a piranha pool!

Well having done a few mocks, I now know who Im definitely not getting, and it's the guy that's fallen down to me everytime - Shohei Ohtani. Our league is the anti-mock, the anti-reasonable, and even the anti-anti.

The trick is not minding
So looking at the stats that we get points for, how hard are holds? Does the pitcher need one out or does he need to go a whole inning without giving up a run or is it the lead?
Reading about it seemed to say it’s both but depends on the lead, I guess?

I dont know the fine points of the rules either. Just Closers in the 9th get Saves, and 8th inning setup men, and any other pitcher having a 0.00 ERA inning gets a Hold. I think. I probably wasn't the best choice to answer this question :/

The trick is not minding
It's exactly the same as saves, except it doesn't end the game. So yeah, any even a single out can do it.
Yeah, that makes less complicated then the following description I had read:

One of two conditions must be met for a pitcher to record a hold: 1)*He enters with a lead of three runs or less and maintains that lead while recording at least one out. 2) He enters the game with the tying run on-deck, at the plate or on the bases, and records an out

I know me and PW have spoken about auto drafting, I actually will next season for Football, but it really is a night and day difference in the mocks I've done for baseball. As Forrest Gump said "I'm not a smart man, but I do know what suck is." It is in everyone's best interest to be there for draft day.

Yeah, that makes less complicated then the following description I had read:

One of two conditions must be met for a pitcher to record a hold: 1)*He enters with a lead of three runs or less and maintains that lead while recording at least one out. 2) He enters the game with the tying run on-deck, at the plate or on the bases, and records an out
(1) is what most people think of for a save situation

Less commonly, (2) would also get you a save if you come in, say, with a 4 run lead, bases loaded, and get the last out(s).

Even less common than that, a pitcher can get a save if they pitch the final 3 innings of a game while maintaining the lead, no matter how many runs they're up by.

Allright, here's another proclamation from me which will make everyone say or think "Bull****!" while reading it. I am done with Mock Drafting. The more I do it, the more I just know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. That's worse than wasting time, it's like a toxic timesink. Best to go in with a clear mind and no set agenda which gets torpedoed.

That is all.

The trick is not minding
Lol yep. I did a few and got pretty much everyone I wanted and said “Well, this is just unrealistic. Thanks for getting my hopes up mock draft!”

Especially in the MoFo draft, where pretty much everyone is super active and at least somewhat knowledgeable about the player base, the drafts end up being exceptionally challenging. I would say the ability to keep a fluid outlook and adapt quickly is more important than any target lists or things of that nature. Try to capture value and upside as best you can in a pool full of managers trying to capture value and upside.

Less than 2 weeks now to the draft. Oh I wish we knew what we all had already so I could start trading my team away.

Less than 2 weeks now to the draft. Oh I wish we knew what we all had already so I could start trading my team away.
I've already sent you two denials just so I can get ahead.

So who are you guys going to draft?

Johnny Dickshot - NY Giants.
Jack Glasscock - Indy
Stubby Clap - Cardinals
Boof Bosner: Twins
Orval Overall - Cincy