What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ever get a Christmas card and you've not got the foggiest idea who it's from?

I've just received one from someone called either 'Mall', 'Maee', 'Mael', 'Male' (!?!) or those, for want of a better word, names with an 'N' instead of an 'M'.

It's addressed to Mr & Mrs Tatty so whomever is responsible hasn't been in touch for over 3 years....or have they?

They've used my current address, a place I moved to after I split from the Ex Mrs T.

Maybe it's your ex trying to play a prank:

"Ha. He won't even know what (or who) hit him. Ex-Mrs. Tatty, you're a genius!"

Thanks for the kind words nebbit, Martin (or Lockheed? Though that always makes me think of a certain purple, potbellied dragon from X-Men comics.)

I'm actually not familiar with Thompson at all outside of Fear and Loathing, but always heard he had an interesting style.

I'm at work now, but looking forward to going home, because I got really into a book I'm reading (ada, or ardor) last night and can't wait to continue. Oh well, several hours to go.

Great work Lines... Did you ever watch Sense and Sensibility?

Right now I'm taking a Tylenol-Ibuprofen combo for my shoulder... and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll hit the hard stuff...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I still haven't watched it yet ! But! But! Before you scold me I have a good excuse: I took the book out of the library and decided to read it first. I'm liking it (the book), but of the Austen books I've read so far this one is my least favorite: 1) Mansfield Park, 2) Pride & Prejudice, 3) Sense & Sensibility (gotta check out her later novels like Emma). I'm looking forward to what Ang Lee does with it. I also have been digging Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet very much lately so I expect to like the movie when I do get around to it.

About a month ago I saw an adaptation of Mansfield Park on tv that was just awful. They turned Fanny into a (ever-so-mildly) sassy flirt!

Hope you feel better.

Right now I am wondering how many 2007 movies I have seen....
Today I am going to pick up my new eyeglasses from Lens Crafters. They had to send them away, which took almost 2 weeks. So I have been waiting for new glasses since my face plant on the sidewalk almost 4 weeks ago. I also need to clean the bathroom (oh joy) because Jason's dad and step mom are coming to visit over the weekend.

EDIT: I just realized I've seen quite a few 2007 movies, sweet! But I have compiled a list of about 20 more that I gotta see.

I am going Christmas shopping today I hope I get it all finished

The People's Republic of Clogher
Maybe it's your ex trying to play a prank:

"Ha. He won't even know what (or who) hit him. Ex-Mrs. Tatty, you're a genius!"
Heh, the thought crossed my mind for a nanosecond but the postmark was local (and she, most certainly, is not).

The most likely scenario is that Ron or Russell Mael (or perhaps both) of Sparks fame have moved to my town and are spreading their particular brand of Festive cheer in a way that only they can - by being slightly creepy...

Still, I got a card a few days ago for the person who used to live in this house. And who died 3 1/2 years ago.

I am going Christmas shopping today I hope I get it all finished

I am just starting my Christmas shopping
Actually I have only bought for one person so far. But I did get Jason his birthday present today. I got him a sweater and pajamas from Old Navy. They are soooooooooooooooooooooo cumfy. I tried them on as soon as I got home. LOL we take the same size

Hunter S. didn't draw anything himself, but Ralph Steadman worked with him for most of their professional lives. I love his artwork and yours reminds me of it, well, slightly less frenetic and blotted but there's a similarity there.

I think.

Anyway, if you have to call me anything I'll settle for "honey". And right now I'm watching Question Time and beating someone at online scrabble.

You know, reading back over my activities over this thread I come off as quite a strange, sad little man. Remind me to start lying here.

Hunter S. didn't draw anything himself, but Ralph Steadman worked with him for most of their professional lives. I love his artwork and yours reminds me of it, well, slightly less frenetic and blotted but there's a similarity there.
That's pretty interesting and I'm actually surprised you picked up on it from the examples I posted. But there was a time back in high school when I was definitely trying to go for something a little more like that that may have stuck. Not to compare myself too closely with the example you posted, but here's one of my sketches, probably from early high school:

I think at the time I was self-consciously trying to emulate Bill Sienkiewicz though.

Back Home nearly finished all my Christmas shopping
that's good of you. i wish im on your list.

I still haven't watched it yet ! But! But! Before you scold me I have a good excuse: I took the book out of the library and decided to read it first. I'm liking it (the book), but of the Austen books I've read so far this one is my least favorite: 1) Mansfield Park, 2) Pride & Prejudice, 3) Sense & Sensibility (gotta check out her later novels like Emma). I'm looking forward to what Ang Lee does with it. I also have been digging Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet very much lately so I expect to like the movie when I do get around to it.

About a month ago I saw an adaptation of Mansfield Park on tv that was just awful. They turned Fanny into a (ever-so-mildly) sassy flirt!

Hope you feel better.

Scold? Who me? Never! .... Sense and Sensibility was not my favorite among Austen's books the first time I read it... but it seems to have grown on me over the years and I enjoy it more now than I first did... and love the movie with Kate and Emma.

As for Mansfield Park, I've only seen the 1999 adaption with Frances O'Connor...

Oh, and thanks.... my shoulder seems to be a little better but it looks like I'm going to have to take off a few days with it....

I was going to start my Christmas shopping this weekend. Yes, just now, but I was going to be able to do "almost" all of it. The key word is was. The stupid jeep crapped out. **** me, runnin'!

Sorry to hear that Destiny. Do you have transit fair and taxi fair? Or are you in the country?

I am trying to decide what movie to watch tonight. It's Jason and my 6 year anniversary today!!!

I'm in the city, but that would never work. It's different with kids, many trips, some long, and you already have a house payment, insurance, etc, etc, etc, . . . I will have no choice but to feel the crunch, and get the stupid thing fixed. I'm mad because it is coming out of my Christmas money. Oh well! Hell, I knew December was going to suck, before it ever got here.

I'm in the city, but that would never work. It's different with kids, many trips, some long, and you already have a house payment, insurance, etc, etc, etc, . . . I will have no choice but to feel the crunch, and get the stupid thing fixed. I'm mad because it is coming out of my Christmas money. Oh well! Hell, I knew December was going to suck, before it ever got here.
****** buzz! You can never seem to catch a break can you? Do you have a friend or relative that you can borrow their car for awhile?

I decided to go with Color me Kubrick for tonight. It better be good because I spent my last $6 renting the movie....well Jason has money. lol