Most f***ed up ending

Tools    

What movie do you think has the most messed up ending?
I think that Tales From The Crypt, 1972 does.
I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
A thread with potential to ruin a hell of a lot of films for people who haven't seen them.

Nice going.

Lets put a smile on that block
Is there already a thread on this? If i was a gentleman i would check.

But i'm not.

The Mist was pretty screwed up for me. I was a bit gobblesmacked by that one.

I am Legend ... it could easily have ended prior to last scene.
I Am Legend sucked. "Lets use CGI characters that look like they were made using binary punch cards." "Yeah! That way they'll look like crap!" Good going. Besides the obvious.... I don't even remember how this slop ended.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Welcome to the human race...
I Am Legend sucked. "Lets use CGI characters that look like they were made using binary punch cards." "Yeah! That way they'll look like crap!" Good going. Besides the obvious.... I don't even remember how this slop ended.
Poorly.

And some of you "wonder" why Holden "is" the way he "is". I expect this thread to hit 100 replies by Friday.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Gosh, doesn't it depend on what you mean by the question? Do you mean that as in "bad ending" or just a huge "WTF?" response to an ending that is otherwise good (even brilliant)?

Because I would put The Mist in the latter category for its ending, but certainly not the first.

Anyway....

Lost in never never land
For "bad ending" I would go with The Number 23 as my answer.

For a "WTF" ending, I would go with A Clockwork Orange and The Hole has a good "WTF" ending (better in the book).
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Inside, surely?

WARNING: "Inside" spoilers below

An insane woman cuts a pregnant girl's stomach open with scissors and steals her unborn baby. This is all in vastly graphic detail, and made me feel ill.

Pretty sweet.

I Am Legend sucked. "Lets use CGI characters that look like they were made using binary punch cards." "Yeah! That way they'll look like crap!" Good going.
YES! I totally agree with you. I couldn't care much for that movie because those monster people looked idiotic.

What movie do you think has the most messed up ending?
I think that Tales From The Crypt, 1972 does.
I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it.
The Jagged Edge (1985) which hinged on whether the guy on trial for murdering his wife was an innocent victim of circumstance or else a cold-blooded serial killer who killed other women to make the murder of his wife "fade" into the other murders. Problem is, when the killer is killed while attempting yet another murder and his ski mask is removed, the camera is looking at the killer's somewhat jowly face at such an angle that it not only looks like the main suspect but also bears a strong resemblance to another person who was earlier suspected but cleared. You can assume the killer was the person who you suspected at that time, but that brief confusing shot of his features and the fact that no one ever refers to him by name after he's dead, leaves the true identity open to question. Not what you want in a suspense movie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My first thought is certainly The Innocents, my vote for the best horror film ever. The implications of the entire film, the actual ending and how it relates to the beginning of the movie, make me feel that it will carry the deepest scars on all the principle characters of it.

Otherwise, I'd say that Dead of Night (1945) is pretty screwed up.

Movie Forums Extra
I LOVED Soldier with Kurt Russell, but the ending was way too plain considering how well he did in that movie.