R.I.P. Stan Winston

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
From /Film:

I have a bit of unfortunate news to report. Academy Award winning special effects and make-up artist Stan Winston died last night. Winston is best known for his work in the Terminator series (Winston designed the original Terminator Endoskeleton), Jurassic Park, Aliens, Predator, and Edward Scissorhands. A frequent collaborator of James Cameron, they co-founded Digital Domain in 1993. Winston was the second special effects artist to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Winston also worked on The Thing, Friday the 13th Part III, Alien Nation, The Monster Squad, Pumpkinhead, Interview with the Vampire, Congo, The Island of Doctor Moreau, Small Soldiers, Pearl Harbor, AI: Artificial Intelligence, Big Fish, Constantine, Batman Returns and Iron Man. His work will be seen in upcoming films: Black Mountain, James Cameron’s Avatar, and Terminator 4.
Wow. And he did create some damn good Hollywood effects without the main usage of CGI.

R.I.P. Mr. Winston.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I did a double take when I saw the headline just now on the Empire forums, what an awful shock!

I've been hearing this man's name all my life, whether it was on any number of countless making of programmes for Jurassic Park when I was younger, or DVD bonus features in the past few years.

I really can't believe this

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Gutted, Stan was an absolute Genius, can't believe he's gone, some pretty big shoes to fill.
RIP Stan, you'll be greatly missed.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Lets put a smile on that block
Awful news. This guy made some of the most magical films from my childhood. Probably, most memorably, Monster Squad.

What a legend. What a shame.

Ahhh what a damn Shame. R.I.P

A system of cells interlinked
Godspeed Stan!

Thanks for all the great art, art that is considered some of the most iconic figures and effects in film, ever. Predator, Aliens, The Terminator, Titanic, Jurassic Park, Alien Nation, Edward Scissorhands... the list goes on!

RIP to a legend. created some of the greatest creature effects, and creatures in Hollywood history (without CGI). I grew up loving this guys work. must've seen Predator 40 times as a kid. what a genius.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Just saw the news on Dailies. No clue his studio did so much. R.I.P.

Here is a memorial to him

I don't even know where to begin. I will miss him. His monsters have had an effect on me since I was knee high to a grasshopper (a freakishly tall grasshopper), I love ya Stan. R.I.P.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This is for Sir Toose:

The TV flick Gargoyles, one of the movies which turned Sir Toose into Himself, was Stan Winston's first movie credit. Yes, I remember watching it in its TV debut, but I wasn't really that impressed. However, I'd give it another shot because I haven't seen it for 35 years.

I can also remember when Stan was doing Rod Steiger's nose to make him look like W.C. in W.C. Fields and Me. R.I.P. Stan Winston. You will continue to be a master in many ways.

I need to start another thread now, but R.I.P. Cyd Charisse too.

R.I.P., Stan; you will be missed.