Are we all going to die tomorow???

Tools    

The King of Movies
If you have been following the news you will notice that tomorow (wed, september 10th 2008)the biggest science experiment in the history of mankind will happen. I don't want to go into detail but to simply put it, there is small, but not impossible, chance that tomorrow we will all be sucked into a massive black whole that will kill all living things.

Scared: Well don't be because scientests say that there is a very small chance of us dying. BUT this is were im starting to sweat. 2012.

The year 2012. Sounds like a normal year right? Wrong. That year, millions beleve will be the last year in history. Reasons? Well check out this link and decide for your self.

http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=74463

NOTE: the sceince experiment that i mentiond is beleved to "cause some problems" around 2012. Well thats what many scientests say. And well if you read the stuff on the link above i think you will be a bit scared.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
If you have been following the news you will notice that tomorow (wed, september 10th 2008)the biggest science experiment in the history of mankind will happen. I don't want to go into detail but to simply put it, there is small, but not impossible, chance that tomorrow we will all be sucked into a massive black whole that will kill all living things.
How about a link to said science experiment thats going to kill us all? Why wouldn't you want to go into detail about it? If we're all going to be sucked into a black hole, I bloody well would want to know the reasons why.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The King of Movies
How about a link to said science experiment thats going to kill us all? Why wouldn't you want to go into detail about it? If we're all going to be sucked into a black hole, I bloody well would want to know the reasons why.
ummm i will be honest - from all of the sources i have heard it from (ALOT, eg. youtube, the news, news papers and magazines) they didnt give a reason why. but there is some scientific reason why that i think would be to complicated 2 explain. i recemend ask a scientest. But i would do that fast as we could be all dead by tomorow lol

Probably not. Because I posted a thread about this, and a video I posted had some pretty solid statements, so there's really nothing to worry about.

A system of cells interlinked
I gave up on The Guardian article, as they start off immediately with a fallacy. These journalists should research their stuff before writing gloom and doom stories.

"Be a bit of a pain if it did, wouldn't it? And the most frustrating thing is that we won't know for sure either way until the European laboratory for particle physics (Cern) in Geneva switches on its Large Hadron Collider the day after tomorrow."

BZZZZZZT - WRONG ANSWER

We certainly won't know anything when they switch the machine on, because it takes a couple of weeks for the LHC to (theoretically) reach full luminosity and energy levels. In other words, they aren;t just going to flip a switch, causing a black hole to appear. Wednesday's experiments won't even involve a collision of any kind, and will be simply doing a single beam test on the 10th.

Meanwhile, it seems more likely that we will all spontaneously combust than get destroyed by a black hole caused by the LHC.

Egon: "There's something very important I forgot to tell you."
Venkman: "What?"
Egon: "Don't cross the streams."
Venkman: "Why?"
Egon: "It would be bad."
Venkman: "I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing. Whattya mean "bad?"
Egon: "Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."
Ray: "Total protonic reversal...."
Venkman: "Right, that's bad...OK.. important safety tip. Thanks, Egon."

who cares if we do? its gonna happen sometime!

The Bible NEVER says the year or date for the end of the world. It says not to predict it either, because we'll NEVER know.

98% of scientists actually think that the world will never come to an end (still following the Bible), scientists predict that the gravitational pull of 99% of the weight for the moon, causes the sun itself to move. This is almost like erosion, but nobody (but scientists) can prove this because well I never saw anybody like you or me in space

Following this information, the world will end when the last thing ever ends, and nothing itself will never end. Scientists have even PROVEN that after this event, Doomsday won't happen. Search it and see what you got, because I read in an article earlier today about all of this. Doomsday will not happen, and even IF it does, it won't happen until like 2 months from now.

and then you have the other 2% and the bible. guess you'll know when you know, huh?

oh, I read your post thoroughly, but only suggest we differ in interpretation. the bible does predict a real "end" - and this end is for existence as we know it.

98% of scientists actually think that the world will never come to an end (still following the Bible)
Never? I thought everyone predicted that the world will end in a few billion years when the sun dies...or are you talking about the entire universe...?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think he may be talking about man living a paradise on Earth (hence, "still following the Bible"), but I don't really want to go there or put words in anybody's mouth. Some scientists believe that the universe will end at some point, but there are so many theories about what constitutes the universe and what it's doing that it all depends on which one you believe in. (Plus more are being posited all the time.)

I vote we try to stick with what happens tomorrow (even if they are allowed to go ahead with the experiment) in this thread, so I'm probably done with it for the time being.

P.S. Plenty of people will die tomorrow (just like every other day), but I hope they aren't MoFos.

I think he may be talking about man living a paradise on Earth (hence, "still following the Bible"), but I don't really want to go there or put words in anybody's mouth.
And I think that its narrow to think that all people who believe the biblical account believe that the "paradise" will be on Earth. That is only one interpretation of the "Biblical" End.

Thus, to suggest unilaterally that the belief that the world will continue forever is "following the bible" is to suggest that no other interpretations of the bible exist. It is an exclusion of all other biblical interpretations.

It is a failure to take into account that some of the scientists may also believe that the world will really END, and that that view can also be construed as .... biblical. Thus my point: 2% of scientists (according to Gunsmoke) believe that the world will actually END, and that is also "following the bible."

Make sense? It is why both our points can be accurate. They are NOT mutually exclusive.

So the logic of the current rebuttals are flawed because of that one (major) assumption.

This is my only point.

Hey!.........................
I feel fine.

Seriously; If all the nukes in the world were set off to their targets and a metor hit the planet all at the same time: The world would still be here, and in 1,000 or 10,000 or a million years from that moment cavepeople would be repopulating and the circle would begin anew. Lion King like.