Missing, inactive actors.

Tools    

What actors/actresses would you love to get in your movies- if you were director or producer- that have been mostly inactive, obscure, or generally missing in action for many years?

Gene Wilder
Michael Moriarty
Christopher Lloyd
John Hurt

Just to name a few. Can you imagine a film casting Wilder and Lloyd together as brothers or something?

Well, when I was still employed 2 weeks ago, we had Linda Hamilton of Terminator fame come in. She looked proper OLD. But yeah, I always thought she was a decent actress and wouldn't mind her doing more stuff.

That's what I was thinking.

What about Gene Hackman? That legend hasn't done anything for years.

What actors/actresses would you love to get in your movies- if you were director or producer- that have been mostly inactive, obscure, or generally missing in action for many years?

Gene Wilder
Michael Moriarty
Christopher Lloyd
John Hurt

Just to name a few. Can you imagine a film casting Wilder and Lloyd together as brothers or something?
Saw something on TV sometime earlier this summer about someone doing a filmed interview with Wilder, and Wilder looke really old and frail, as though suffering from a major disease.

Saw something on TV sometime earlier this summer about someone doing a filmed interview with Wilder, and Wilder looke really old and frail, as though suffering from a major disease.
It was a special on Turner Classic Movies where Gene was interviewed by Alec Baldwin. Wilder was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma back in 1999 but chemotherapy and treatment beat it...at least so far.

Gene Wilder is seventy-five.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Actors do get forgotten or typecast. Two notable examples were Fred Gwynne and Ray Walston. They were ignored for decades and suddenly discovered again and in high demand. Now both dead unfortunately.

Christopher Lloyd was in the Pamela Anderson sitcom "Stacked" that bombed on FOX a couple seasons ago. He was in a little indie comedy called Flakes with Zooey Deschanel (it was fine but totally forgettable).

So he's still working, just nothing very high-profile or big-budget mainstream in a while.

A system of cells interlinked
Does any one know when Tom Hanks is next staring in a film????
Nope. He always blinks in the films I have seen him in.

Tom Hanks is starring as Robert Langdon again in the big Da Vinci Code prequel Angels & Demons, again directed by Ron Howard. It's set for a big summer '09 release this coming May. He also did a smaller movie with his son, Colin, and John Malkovich called The Great Buck Howard that played Sundance and the festival circuit but doesn't yet have a deal for a release. Toy Story 3 is on the distant horizon as well.

But Tom has been busy as a producer. He just won like a zillion Emmy Awards for the HBO mini-series "John Adams". He's also the executive producer of the HBO series "Big Love" and recent or upcoming film projects such as Mamma Mia!, City of Ember and next year's animated adaptation of the Sendak classic Where the Wild Things Are directed by Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich).

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I was just going to mention Tom Hanks, but apparently he has new films coming out, so I'll look forward to those. Didn't know Gene Hackman had retired though.

It's good to see Richard Dreyfus is going to be in the new Oliver Stone flick, I have always liked him as an actor, and he should be in more films.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It was a special on Turner Classic Movies where Gene was interviewed by Alec Baldwin. Wilder was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma back in 1999 but chemotherapy and treatment beat it...at least so far.

Gene Wilder is seventy-five.

Gene Wilder is pastime

I know he's insane, but let's see Mel Gibson return behind the camera!