Game of Thrones: Season 8, The Final Season (spoilers)

Tools    

One would think with the threat of the Army of the dead if beat westeros would be something Faceless Men assassins wouldnt want to happen. Or Lord Of Light fallowers.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
One would think with the threat of the Army of the dead if beat westeros would be something Faceless Men assassins wouldnt want to happen. Or Lord Of Light fallowers.
Well Melissandre has gone back East, for what purpose who knows? Possibly to raise an army.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well, technically, no one would know if any faceless men are already involved.

Id be more afraid of the other witch then Mel coming back. I am assuming they have fighters like Thyros or however his name was spelled converted into priests. I think we will get a Hels Deep episode where near massacre but when sun rises maybe some help or hope arrive like Gandalf In The Two Towers

WARNING: "Avengers Endgame" spoilers below

So after watching the Avengers this weekend I am thirsty for a bit more carnage. I enjoyed the film but it was all bittersweet and not much tragedy (comparatively), Sure we lost Stark and Widow, but I went in thinking it would be much more devastating and my mindset is still in that mode. Good thing GOT is later today. Not to say I am disappointed in the Avengers movie, I liked/almost loved it, but that chaos gene in me needs some more.

I am curious as to which franchise revealed their release date first and if the 2nd one chose this weekend due to that date because these two events definitely compliment each other this weekend. GOT has already started, but we all know this 3rd episode is when stuff begins to fly.

edited: I just connected the comment "we lost a Stark" - will we lose another Stark this weekend????

I am hoping there are some major deaths tonight. I do not want many of the characters to die per se, but I just do not see a way to wrap up the show ultimately if we do not start losing some heavy/supporting players. I would rather have tied up loose ends then a lot of characters join the Princess Bride cast.

So I have made two lists of different groups/characters. The first group are main characters that have been with us since the beginning or somewhat near the beginning and have stayed part the ongoing plot-lines and the second are supporting cast. I know there are others but these are the ones I have most interest in. Fill free to mention others on either list.

Main
Tyrion
Jaime
Cersei
Daenerys
Jon Snow
Sansa Stark
Arya Stark
Bran Stark
Night King

Supporting
Davos
Missandei
Theon
Samwell

Brienne
Varys
Hound
Bronn
Tormund
Gendry
Grey Worm
Jorah
Gilly
Melisandre
Beric

So in the main character list I see us losing 3 or 4 of them in the next two shows. My guess is that Jamie and Cersei are not going to make it past the next 2 episodes. The NK needs a Queen doesn't he? Who better to serve that role? Jamie will probably die in a glorious battle whilst saving Brienne, but he should die in battle as it would seem fitting to me. Tyrion is a possibility ( well they all are) but I am hoping he survives everything and is alive when the show ends. If I had to guess one more I would say Sansa, for some reason th eonly Stark I see left in the end is Arya OR if they move that far into the future before its all over, Gendry and Arya's child.

The supporting characters could all very well die although I think Sam should be safe just due to his knowledge and position. The Hound will more than likely bite the dust but hopefully he gets to fight his brother first. Beric seems like a shoe-in to move on as does Jorah (although he is a survivor). I see Grey worm and Missandei either both living or both dying, not sure why but that seems best whichever it goes.

Arya's list. So i have been looking around the interwebz and between the books and the TV show the list changes occasionally, but I will stick to names she has only mentioned during the TV show for this post.

I could definitely be wrong so correct me if I am .

Arya's List

Joffery - Dead
Frey - Dead
Polliver - Dead
Ser Trant - Dead
Tywin - Dead
Cersei
Ilyn Pane
Hound (when she thought he was dead she said she should have removed him)
Mountain (kinda dead)
The Red Woman
Thoros

So with the exception of The Mountain everyone in this posted list past Tywin is still alive, with the exception of The Mountain who is somewhat half dead half alive, or whatever he is.

I can actually see everyone on this list kicking the can before it is all over.

Of course I have no flipping idea who will make it or who will meet their maker, but as I do hope the writers clean house tonight. It is a bit "dirty".

That sex scene was wrong on SOOO many levels.
Aside from not wanting to see that wall-eyed goon Arya with her shirt off, what was wrong with it? Two consenting adults, yes?
I gotta say thank you, I've been chuckling all week, wall-eyed goon keeps popping in my head to say hi

The Adventure Starts Here!
It just ended here in Pittsburgh (Eastern Time Zone).

All I'll say right now is that I yelled out loud... REALLY LOUDLY... and if you've seen the episode, you'll know WHICH moment that was!

Damn....

Who says daggers are wasted on cripples!

It's 3.40am and I'm gonna be awake for ages now

7 million theories just died with ep 3

I didn't want to be right!
You mean about Jorah? That was at least very honorable, and he died doing what he was always meant to do. At this late stage in the series, he couldn't have asked for more.

I'm surprised at how *few* major characters we lost.

WARNING: "Character death spoilers..." spoilers below
Jorah, Lyanna Mormont, Dolorous Edd, Beric Dondarrion, Theon...

EDIT: Oh, and Melisandre...

Honestly, we made it out of that one almost unscathed. Every death was honorable and had a purpose. I'm okay with that.

I wanted some Starks to die. Specifically Bran and Wall-Eyed Goon... err, I mean Arya.
I can't stand them. I've hated them since season 1.

And yeah, I know Jorah's demise was honorable and was what was meant to happen but I still hate that he's gone. All that leaves for me are the Lannister brothers. I'm not all that invested in anyone else.

I admit Arya was a favorite of mine, so I am glad she's still around. And when The Hound made it through, I yelled out, "Cleganebowl!"

Glad both Lannister brothers made it out. There needs to be some reckoning among those three siblings, the more I think about it. They almost HAD to both survive in order to have that happen.

Not that Martin and his ilk are above senseless, realistic deaths, but to wrap up the series, I think we'll see more of these sorts of noble or plot-important demises.

I was sad to see both Jorah AND Lyanna of House Mormont go. She was SO brave, but it was the one that bothered me the most, I think.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Where the hell did the Red Woman come from??? I was like...is she working with the Night King???

Lighting their swords on fire was great...then they all got sniffed out.

Ghost...WTF MAN. Is he dead? Off screen death??? He better be chillin’ somewhere.

Definite World War Z vibes from the fight.

Yo....where da hell was Davos at????

Dragons above the storm in the sky. So God damn beautiful.

Waaaay too dark and with the quick editing, I had no idea what was going on.

Throwing the flaming sword to save Arya. That was baller. He served his purpose, saving the life of the one who kills the Night King.

At least Theon didn’t go out like a bitch. Props to him protecting a dude who sat there Warged into some damn Ravens the whole fight.

Expected more deaths in the crypts when they came alive.

The stare down between Jon and Night King. Here comes the battle...oh no...he’s raising the dead.

Then Arya...you go girl.