Movies to watch while eating beef wellington

Tools    

Meadows and Wook Obsessive

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I would probably start with the slaughterhouse scene in Fassbinder's In a Year With 13 Moons. If that doesn't put you off, you can continue on with the 1970 epic Waterloo

I soooo think the force needs to be used to take away a thread starting ability...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

What movies do you believe are appropriate to view while eating beef wellington?
Not How to Eat Fried Worms. I think I'd also pass on King Rat and Soyent Green as well as The Beguiled and--by all means--Eating Raoul or Fried Green Tomatoes.

Colour out of Time
The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover

@rufnek ... Soyent Green is that the film where recycling occurs at a certain age?

Sorry, forgot to explain, I am having fancy people over for dinner and I need an equally fancy movie.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Sorry, forgot to explain, I am having fancy people over for dinner and I need an equally fancy movie.
A fancy movie? Don't really know what you mean, if you want a pleasent movie thats easy to take and funny thats for sophisticatedish people: A Room With a View is a good one.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

The Mayor and his wife are coming over, I need a movie with class, that's what I mean by fancy.

I think it would be better if you know what the Mayor likes. Do you? It all depends. Is this the mayor of San Francisco or Hooterville? I also need to know what time frame is acceptable Classy movies are often classic movies. Are those OK?

So his wife is coming over, and you're going to ask his mistress what his fave film to watch is during/after his infidelity? Hey now, that IS classy.

When was the last time you took your meds?

Try:

I Once ate lamb and burped at the table...OMG!!!

or

Show an entire season of Gilligan's Island, and talk about how bad off the Howells are.

or

I am a Pompass arse and I like being told so.

What in the world is beef wellington? Is it tasty? Should I try it? Anyone got a recipe?

@rufnek ... Soyent Green is that the film where recycling occurs at a certain age?
Where the funeral receptical is not a coffin but a meat grinder? Yes.

A system of cells interlinked

I'm not Ruf, but I will answer!

The film you are thinking of is:

Logan's Run (Anderson, 1976)

Colour out of Time
@Sedai ... No Logan's Run is similar thematically.

I know this because the name Soyent Green came up in a bar (Geee I love interesting pub talk that doesn't revolve around cars and sports) ... anyway I had heard the name but don't think I have seen it and when queried the theme was mentioned ... I guess it was a movie that dealt with the whole eco destruction caused by over population. I'm guessing late 70's when the term ZPG was being thrown about.

It was also mentioned that Soyent Green was the term for the nutient rich food that the population of this future world lived on.

EDIT ... just in case ... ZPG = Zero Population Growth