Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Kidman wasnt in it. re you thinking of Pfieffer?

Yeah, sorry. My bad. Don't know why I had her on my mind.

Yeah, even when I'm trying to be objective with a movie, sometimes I will give a higher/lower score if I really enjoyed myself and vice-versa.
That's totally fine. The best movie always ages better with time.

I remember the first time I saw Fight Club, I didn't like it and I gave it a 7/10. Then I saw it again, 8. And recently I caught it in the theatre again, man it was a 9/10 and what a great movie.

Same thing can be said about the opposite, when I watched UP the first time, it was such a 10/10 perfect movie, now it is only a 9/10 because I found minor flaw over time.

Make a better place
Fight Club (1999) - David Fincher

- Cult classic movie and one of my favorite rewatch. Pitt and Norton are astounding (probably one of my favorite duo ever) and the storyline is B.A.D.A.S.S. David Fincher is my favorite director working today and in my opinion of the best director ever.
Although this is my least favorite David Fincher film, I totally agree about what u said about him

Of Human Bondage (John Cromwell, 1934)

Not nearly as much BDSM as expected

Unregistered User
Boy only 2,5?
Too bad that ridiculous sense of humour is not in your type. After watching Boy and What we do in the shadows I felt in love with Taika Waititi movies. Thor Rangnarok - creme de la creme.

I wouldn't say it wasn't my type of humour. I was enjoying it up until the new arrivals landed at Boy's house. Went downhill from there for me. I loved What We Do in The Shadows.

“I was cured, all right!”

Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction are the Tarantino masterpieces imo!

One of the most anticipated movies of 2017 for me, finally I watched and... I was very disappointed...

Stylish work! Tangerine Dream is just like Vangelis, they make the soundtrack a character.

Suffer for you art

Loveless and Apathy.

Unregistered User

Who Took Johnny (2014)

Difficult one to rate and it really is such a tragic story. Didn't feel particularly well made and due to the outcome of the case it doesn't really feel like it goes anywhere.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Baywatch

(Seth Gordon)

It's The Rock and Zac Efron show. Everyone else takes a backseat in this lazy attempt to capture some sort of weird nostalgic feeling for a terrible tv show. The biggest asset to the TV show, is not even used here. Which boggles my mind. You have Alexandra Daddario, a gorgeous woman with big assets that "fit" into the Baywatch model and they don't even showcase them. I'm not trying to be some weird guy who lives in his moms basement complaining about the lack of the female anatomy, but it would fit within this world. The main showcase of slow-mo and body ogling goes to Kelly Rohrbach, a model trying to get an acting career going. The third woman in this film is simply a background character when she should have been more prominent given her character role.

The lifeguards have 3 spots open and hold tryouts for some new recruits. Daddrio, Jon Bass and Zac Efron make the cut. So this shaky team now must investigate a drug cartel that is operating on their beach. They run into some push back when they are told they have no jurisdiction to operate the way they do and to go back to saving lives in the water. This is ignored and the investigation continues. Blah blah blah.

A 21 Jump Street style rip-off with similar jokes, look and feel, just more lazy. Crude humour with forced swearing to feel adult despite everything about the film being juvenile. Zac Efron and The Rock have a competitive nature to their characters. One sequence is simply there to show off Efron's insanely defined body. Something for the ladies indeed. Jon Bass is there, not the most fit person and he's the comedic relief (isn't it obvious?). He gets his junk stuck in a wooden lawn chair. Cue laughter.

A lame villain, obvious jokes and padded story makes this film a chore to get through. One scene gets a few laughs if you are comfortable with gross out humour. It involves a dead guy's penis. Hmm, a lot of dick jokes in this one, literally. Two cameos that are painfully bad just makes this film dig even further down the hole. One of those cameos literally says nothing, just walks into the scene. It's a little embarrassing.

Baywatch is a mess, it's not funny nor is the crime story at its core interesting enough to gain traction. Maybe if the film took a more tongue in cheek route it could have had some fun, but this film is nowhere near that excitement level.

Suspect's Reviews

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

-

My feelings are similar to the director's Dogtooth and The Lobster. I don't quite love these movies, but I have a certain fascination with the style. As far as this one goes, I loved the first half, but then there were parts of the second half when I wondered what the point was. I think the movie would seem silly if it weren't for the superior mood created. It's something different for sure.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Heathers -

"Our love is God. Let's go get a Slushie."
It's been too long, I'm putting this on my list. Prime Winona and Slater on display.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Looking Glass (Tim Hunter): Just after seeing him go bat***t crazy in Mom and Dad, Nicolas Cage goes 180 and conveys an emotional performance in this indie thriller as a new motel owner who is caught up in a web of voyeurism and drama when a murder occurs in one of the rooms. Cage works well with the supporting cast, from Robin Tunney as his embittered wife as they both suffer from a tragedy early on; Marc Blucas as the sheriff who questions Cage on numerous occasions and Ernie Lively as a local truck driver with an addiction. Pretty tense drama with some intricate twist and turns. I say this is one of the better Cage films as of late.

Final Rating: B

I did get to interview director Tim Hunter and he has nothing but absolute praise for Cage about his dedication to the role.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I wouldn't say it wasn't my type of humour. I was enjoying it up until the new arrivals landed at Boy's house. Went downhill from there for me. I loved What We Do in The Shadows.
Good to hear that Forgive me wrongly assumption, it's because of sense of humour