Things that annoy you...

Tools    

My Daughter K tends to spend he cash when she gets it rather than waiting.
Then a week later, my other Daughter A has saved two weeks worth of pocket money up and gets something extremely nice with it and K hates it and gets jealous.

Every week it's the same conversation.
"She got something nicer than I did. She got a toy that'll last her for ages and I got sweets that ran out within five minutes"
"Yeah well, you shouldn't be so eager to spend your cash on the first piece of crap you lay your eyes on"
Then there's sulking for an hour which I just ignore and she gets sulkier because I'm not pandering to her sulking.

My Daughter K tends to spend he cash when she gets it rather than waiting.
Then a week later, my other Daughter A has saved two weeks worth of pocket money up and gets something extremely nice with it and K hates it and gets jealous.

Every week it's the same conversation.
"She got something nicer than I did. She got a toy that'll last her for ages and I got sweets that ran out within five minutes"
"Yeah well, you shouldn't be so eager to spend your cash on the first piece of crap you lay your eyes on"
Then there's sulking for an hour which I just ignore and she gets sulkier because I'm not pandering to her sulking.
Every child is different.. its just human nature... if we were all the same.. the world would be pretty boring.....

Except in SC's case... then the world would be a party....

Except in SC's case... then the world would be a party....
You only live once. It might as well be a big party.

I usually tell my kids when they whinge "Put that bottom lip away or I'll pull it off"
Usually works too. They walk away to their room to sulk and leave me in peace.

I usually tell my kids when they whinge "Put that bottom lip away or I'll pull it off"
Usually works too. They walk away to their room to sulk and leave me in peace.
are they fairly young?

You are a good dad I am sure.... and you do love kids or you wouldnt have the ones you do....

Things that annoy me: My family.

And I've seen WAY too much of all of them in the last month (due to some really sad circumstances, my grandmother was ill for several weeks and then passed away on Tuesday) and it's only going to get worse. Not only is there now the memorial service to agree upon and arrange, but my brother's getting married very soon and is coming to visit in a couple of weeks with his fiance and her like 8 year old son (I can't stand children).

I don't know how I'm going to get through the next few months without killing somebody.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's rough. It would take a lot for me to have an 8 year old stay with me and I like kids. I'm glad my dad's wedding is going to be super small. I have an aunt and some cousins that I can't stand.

That's rough. It would take a lot for me to have an 8 year old stay with me and I like kids. I'm glad my dad's wedding is going to be super small. I have an aunt and some cousins that I can't stand.
My brother's wedding was supposed to be super small - courthouse followed by a small reception at his house (in Washington state). But now the fiance's mother has started meddling and it's getting progressively larger. The wedding isn't going to happen until August, so the visit is just sort of a getting to know the new family members thing (plus he has to come down for the memorial service anyway).

What I'm most concerned about is the combination of the kid and my animals. None of them are used to children of any age. The room where the rats are kept has a lock on it and will be locked for the duration of the visit, but my poor cats will have to fend for themselves.

I wondered if your grandma had died, Miss Vicky. Sorry to hear she has.

I wondered if your grandma had died, Miss Vicky. Sorry to hear she has.
Thanks. It was really hard to watch her slip away, but she lived a good long life and was really healthy up until a month ago. She was just three weeks shy of her 92nd birthday and died peacefully, surrounded by loved ones.

If you need some practice dealing with irritating people, let me know if you'd like to redo the Casualties of War or Forrest Gump commentaries with me.

My grandma's still alive, but she's only... 85? Something I'll have to deal with too, eventually. Last time I visited her, her dog bit me. That was annoying.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
My brother's wedding was supposed to be super small - courthouse followed by a small reception at his house (in Washington state). But now the fiance's mother has started meddling and it's getting progressively larger. The wedding isn't going to happen until August, so the visit is just sort of a getting to know the new family members thing (plus he has to come down for the memorial service anyway).

What I'm most concerned about is the combination of the kid and my animals. None of them are used to children of any age. The room where the rats are kept has a lock on it and will be locked for the duration of the visit, but my poor cats will have to fend for themselves.
Hopefully the kid isn't one of those that are brats around animals. He's eight so he should know better.

My dog Gidget has never cared for children, but she tolerated them. Now that she is so old and partially blind I put her away when my friend comes over with her son. He is only two and is well behaved but toddlers fall a lot. Bunny loves everyone.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Not being able to sleep even though Im knackered and have tried to sleep...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I hate it when Tesco staff ask if I have a club card. If I did, I would have handed it to them before I payed for my shopping!
What annoys me about the Tesco staff in our local store is they will ask you for the club card even though I have already handed them our card and they scanned it.

This has happened on more than one occasion.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
People who have decals ALL over their car so it looks like some cheap imitation rally car and the decals are not symmetrical... I dont know if its my OCD but I just want to do the pit maneuver on their car, get out and peel the stickers off and put them on straight.