The Official NFL Thread

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I can’t see Belichick in Dallas with JJ being the dominant personality.

Blank has wanted him before and wants him now, but Atlanta Bill doesn’t seem right.

Hopefully, Carolina being the worst available team/owner, will ensure we don’t get him. He’s great, but his moment seems to have passed, unless he removes himself from being a gm.

Is San Diego the best job, because of Herbert? If so, who gets the right of first refusal?

Oh, happy days ! It's all gravy from here on out.
Having grown up pulling for a perennial loser I know how it feels to get those "firsts" under your belt, so I'm enjoying the Lions' season vicariously. Awesome.

Did you attend the game?

It's amazing how that game went almost exactly as expected. Basically zero surprises. Steelers might've made it look close for a bit but it was a mirage, they were never in it.

Just another useless fringe playoff season with no real contention or high draft picks. It's a real no-man's-land and it's not doing the team any favors.

Texans @ ravens 430 sat
Packers @ 49ers 815 sat
Bucs @ lions 300 sun
Swifties @ bills 630 sun

Divisional round.

It's amazing how that game went almost exactly as expected. Basically zero surprises. Steelers might've made it look close for a bit but it was a mirage, they were never in it.

Just another useless fringe playoff season with no real contention or high draft picks. It's a real no-man's-land and it's not doing the team any favors.
Would you trade it in order to spend draft picks to pick the wrong quarterback, the year before potentially the best qb draft in decade(s)?

Would you trade it in order to spend draft picks to pick the wrong quarterback, the year before potentially the best qb draft in decade(s)?

I'm not sure what you're asking; is this forward-looking (like, trade what we have now to draft higher next year) or backward (like, should've traded the Pickett pick)?

Either way, uh, yes.

But I still really like the idea of trying to get Fields for a midround pick if/when the Bears go high on a QB. I actually think he's potentially good enough to win with, with the defense healthy.

Welp, while most of the games in the first round were on-paper competitive, we have the inverse now, where apparently only the Bills-Chiefs game is expected to be close.

That said, no complaints from me, because I want all four favorites to win. 49ers-Lions and Ravens-Bills would be really great conference championships, and there's no team there I wouldn't be at least okay with winning, and no combination of matchups there that I'd hate.

Still holding out hope for Bills-Lions, though, as the dream matchup.

A huge shock here in Wales today. Rugby Union is our most beloved sport - and our brightest young talent - Louis Rees-Zammit has today ripped up his club contract and announced he is leaving and will try out on the NFL International Pathway program. The country is reeling. He's 22 and had the brightest career ahead of him. Already 32 Wales caps and a British Lion.

Best of luck to him but we are devastated to lose him.

A system of cells interlinked
Trying to figure out the Kilimanjarian plunge by The Eagles this season. It's usually just the Cowboys that fold up like a lawn chair once the playoffs hit, but man, this was bad.

Guessing we’ll get the “big story” soon, unless they keep the coach.

The Daboll stories were good, but these can be better.

The Mahomes helmet would be a great piece of memorabilia to have.

Trying to figure out the Kilimanjarian plunge by The Eagles this season. It's usually just the Cowboys that fold up like a lawn chair once the playoffs hit, but man, this was bad.
To be fair they looked horrible the last five or six weeks of the regular season, and when they started 10-1 every story about them had a caveat about how good their record was despite them not really playing all that well, yet. That "yet" never materialized. Losing five of the last six and losing the Division to Dallas should not make it terribly surprising that they didn't suddenly "turn it on" when it came to the playoffs. Especially starting on the road.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Still holding out hope for Bills-Lions, though, as the dream matchup.
Like when the Indians played the Cubs in the World Series. One of those perennial losers had to finally win!

That's a fun storyline and all, but I still want The Ravens to make it back, get Lamar his first.

My wife and I have our (refundable) Vegas hotel room booked, just in case all of the IFs come to be. IF The Ravens beat Houston and then IF they win the AFC Championship, and IF we then win the season ticket holder lottery for SB tickets.