What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

It's a very good horror flick and it was only £4.

I liked Accion Mutante in a daft 'I know it's silly' kind of way; plus this is a Spaghetti Western homage and it was only £3.

I like it, Giorgio Moroder did the music and Nastassja Kinski is very hot, end of story.

Classic horror flick, Cushing, Lee, and Telly Savalas as a mad Cossack; mine for £3.

Ordered from the States, violent 80's horror, can't wait for this remastered version to arrive.

£6 is the cheapest I've ever seen it, thank you Fopp, now it's mine.

bEN10 rACE AGISNT TIME
WHO FRAMED ROGERRABBIET?
bETTLEJUICE
THE IRON GAINT

The Dark Knight (Blu-Ray)
Deadwood: The Complete Series
Indiana Jones - The Complete Adventure Collection
Generation Kill
The Shield - Season 1
The Shield - Season 2

Registered Creature
Wanted. Didn't watch it, though.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've come to the decision over Christmas to stop buying DVDs unless I really can't get it on Blu Ray...

...or it's dead cheap.

Today I got:

From Amazon:

The Thing from Another World (1951)

The Thing (1982) - Collector's Edition

Heavenly Creatures (1994)

Annie Hall (1977)

And the one I'm really excited for...

Midnight Cowboy (1969) - 2-Disc Collector's Edition

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've just watched this and, without wanting to come over all anal (Ooo-err!), the transfer is bloody gorgeous. It seems to have the same extras as the DVD (as per usual when I replace something, the R2 DVD - the original 2 disc edition in the cardboard sleeve - is free to a good home, same goes for 2001 - both pristine) but no complaints there as everything's a good compliment to one of my favourite films.

Schindler's List

The Thing (1982)

Cheech And Chong's Up In Smoke

Eagle Eye

hellboy 2 gloden army
never back down
meet david

Too many to list but

I bought, They Shoot Horses, Don't they? for $4.00 Yay

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

This box set features the following films:

Alien (Dir. Ridley Scott) (1979): The terror begins when the crew of the spaceship Nostromo investigates a transmission from a desolate planet and makes a horrifying discovery, a life form that breeds within a human host. Now the crew must fight not only for its own survival, but for the survival of all mankind.

Aliens (Dir. James Cameron) (1986): Sigourney Weaver returns as Ripley, the only survivor from mankind's first encounter with the monstrous Alien. Her account of the Alien and the fate of her crew are received with skepticism, until the mysterious disappearance of colonists on LV-426 lead her to join a team of high-tech colonial marines sent in to investigate...

Alien 3 (Dir. David Fincher) (1992): Lt. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is the lone survivor when her crippled spaceship crash lands on Fiorina 161, a bleak wasteland inhabited by former inmates of the planet's maximum security prison. Ripley's fears that an Alien was aboard her craft are confirmed when the mutilated bodies of ex-cons begin to mount. Without weapons or modern technology of any kind, Ripley must lead the men into battle against the terrifying creature. And soon she discovers a horrifying fact about her link with the Alien, a realisation that may compel Ripley to try destroying not only the horrific creature, but herself as well.

Alien Resurrection (Dir. Jean-Pierre Jeunet) (1997): Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) died fighting the perfect predator. Two hundred years and eight horrific experiments later, she's back. A group of scientists have cloned her, along with the alien queen inside her, hoping to breed the ultimate weapon. But the resurrected Ripley is full of surprises for her "creators", as are the aliens. And soon, a lot more than "all hell" breaks loose! To combat the creatures, Ripley must team up with a band of smugglers, including a mechanic named Call (Winona Ryder), who holds more than a few surprises of her own.

Predator (Dir. John McTiernan) (1987): Deep inside the jungles of Latin America a team of elite commandos are being slaughtered by a mysterious predator. No longer are they the hunters, they are the prey: of an alien whose only instinct is to kill. One by one it strikes with inhuman ferocity. Now to survive, with the jungle as their only ally they face their greatest challenge: to stay alive.

Predator 2 (Dir. Stephen Hopkins) (1990): Last time it landed in the jungle. This time, it's chosen Los Angeles. Ravaged by open warfare between rival drug gangs, L.A. is the perfect killing ground for the Predator, who is drawn by heat and conflict. When the police find mutilated bodies, Lieutenant Mike Harrigan (Danny Glover) thinks it's the work of the feuding gangs. Then a mysterious government agent (Gary Busey) arrives and orders him to stay off the case. Instead, Harrigan sets out to learn what is really going on, and comes face to face with the savage alien in a climatic, electrifying confrontation...

Alien Vs Predator (Dir. Paul W. S. Anderson) (2004): It may be our planet, but it's their war! The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of scientists and adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two unstoppable alien races engaged in the ultimate battle...

Aliens Vs Predator Requiem (Dir. Colin Strause, Greg Strause) (2007): The warring alien and predator races descend on a small town, where unsuspecting residents must band together for any chance of survival.
Just awaiting deliverey now.

Planet earth is awesome. I grabbed it on Blu-ray a few days ago. Same goes with The Blue Planet.

Last films I got was

and

Need to watch them now.

All right -- Well, I splurged a little bit on Blu-Ray DVDs:

Robocop [Blu-ray]
Die Hard Collection [Blu-ray]
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [Blu-ray]
Reservoir Dogs (15th Anniversary) [Blu-ray]
Bullitt [Blu-ray]