Heroes

Tools    

I am pretty stoked to see that it looks like next week we will finally start to learn what happened at the end of last season and for the next six months. I think they took to long to get to this point and I think the ratings are also bearing this out, hopefully we can start getting a little more back on track with some of the original story lines and focus on the new mission which will be... wait for it... to save the world again... LOL! That is if Peter can get back to his senses long enough to tell everyone what he saw in the future. I'm still a fan of the show but I wish I was enjoying this season more, I just think they may be tinkering a little to much instead of just continuing what worked last season.

Lost in never never land
I think they are going with what worked last year, in a slow build up to the action and a slow intertwining of the characters, the difference is that when we look at the beginning of last year and look at last season we see the hectic end to it and we see how everything was brought back together and how everyones story intertwined, and pending the writers strike and how long that lasts, we should see that again this season, so in hindsight we will call this a great season, maybe not a great as the first simply for the novelty reasons, but still a great season.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

A system of cells interlinked
Funny, but I feel the opposite. I feel like this season they seem to have more forward motion in the story, whereas last season took FAR too long for, well, anything to actually happen. I mean, think about it, most of last season was filler. Like, a majority of it. This season has more going on, and they have gotten away from trying to squeeze all the story threads in every week, instead focusing on just a couple of them in one episode, and then covering the remaining threads the following week. MUCH better than the few minutes of each story we got each week last season.

There are also marked improvements in some of the character threads. Nikki is actually involved in the story in a way that makes sense, and Micha isn't just waiting around until his plot line kicks in. I mean really, all the family values pep talks and silly stuff about his school last season was clearly filler until they needed him in the main story. Copycat is a great character, and I am excited to see how she develops.

I dunno, I feel like, last season, we spent a majority of the time waiting for the Heroes to accept who they were and begin doing things that were interesting, while this season, they are already developed and are off on adventures and involved in intrigue.

The finale of the first season was also just not well done. Quite underwhelming. I am also still a bit irked at the blatant "lifting" of the final story arc of last season from the clearly superior Watchmen comic series from the 80s. Jeers for that.

Last Season: C-

This Season: B

Lost in never never land
I don't disagree with your sentiment Sedai, I just know from on other sites that discuss the show notably more the general feeling has been that everything is too slow at the beginning of this season. Therefore I tend to make the argument that looking back on last season people look at it as a whole and therefore like it a whole lot better a whole instead of trying to pick apart on episode at a time as they are currently doing.

Maybe because i'm biased towards David Anders who i think is a great charismatic character actor and stole most of his scenes in Alias but i really loved the ending of the last episode and the promise of seeing Anders as a series regular has got me pumped, i was dreading he'd be left in the past. After that episode the season has definitely picked up slack and i think has got a strong story arch in place to carry it, the virus wiping out the future world seemed a bit too contrived, trying to give the Season an impending sense of doom but really i'm more interesting in the remaining paintings future tellings than that 'future'. Noah has become one of my favourite characters but i think he will ice his cake soon much like Mendez couldn't escape his fate, but whether it will be West or Mohinder is an interesting dynamic. Also, will Hiro have anything to actually do now he's in the present- his character is most separated from the others and i can't see his role in the season, much like Sylar and several other characters who've yet to be more than side stories.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Also, will Hiro have anything to actually do now he's in the present- his character is most separated from the others and i can't see his role in the season, much like Sylar and several other characters who've yet to be more than side stories.
My guess is Hiro will look for his father's killer and find Kensai/Adam Monroe, and that will lead to a fight between the two and Peter will be involved somehow.

I definitely think Dr. Suresh is going to off HRG, Niki is the "outbreak monkey," though I haven't a clue how they'll stop that, and I haven't a clue what Sylar's part in all this is, but he needs to kill off the Mexican Wonder Twins, cause they really don't seem to serve a purpose at all except boring me.

My guess is Hiro will look for his father's killer and find Kensai/Adam Monroe, and that will lead to a fight between the two and Peter will be involved somehow.

I definitely think Dr. Suresh is going to off HRG, Niki is the "outbreak monkey," though I haven't a clue how they'll stop that, and I haven't a clue what Sylar's part in all this is, but he needs to kill off the Mexican Wonder Twins, cause they really don't seem to serve a purpose at all except boring me.
Yeah, realised that about Hiro and his Father's killer after posted it but really not interested in that story at all, or Hiro now he's out the past, his character i think has run it's course and think he'll be difficult to write, certainly wouldn't mind him getting the David Palmer treatment.

Agreed on Sylar and those annoying twins.

As for Mohinder killing HRG, would be an irony that the two "heroes" without powers would hit it off but think they've made that bit too obvious with the two paintings, hopefully something interesting will happen between those two, Claire and, much as i dislike him, West.

Lost in never never land
I think that with Adam/Kensai being in the future/present they are showing that Hiro's line hasn't run his course. I have a feeling that Hiro will come into play simply because he has information and intimate knowledge of Kensai/Adam that most of the main heroes don't have.

I think that with Adam/Kensai being in the future/present they are showing that Hiro's line hasn't run his course. I have a feeling that Hiro will come into play simply because he has information and intimate knowledge of Kensai/Adam that most of the main heroes don't have.
Yeah, that would be about it though, unless once again they make him out to be the one meant to save the world (i.e. defeat Adam) which i would be really unimpressed at. I hope Adam kills Hiro.

I think they are going with what worked last year, in a slow build up to the action and a slow intertwining of the characters, the difference is that when we look at the beginning of last year and look at last season we see the hectic end to it and we see how everything was brought back together and how everyones story intertwined, and pending the writers strike and how long that lasts, we should see that again this season, so in hindsight we will call this a great season, maybe not a great as the first simply for the novelty reasons, but still a great season.
That's really a pretty fair point, I'm going to watch either way so for me and my ADD I suppose I want it all and I want it all now (sooner if possible). I sure hope this strike doesn't kill this show off.

Funny, but I feel the opposite. I feel like this season they seem to have more forward motion in the story, whereas last season took FAR too long for, well, anything to actually happen. I mean, think about it, most of last season was filler. Like, a majority of it. This season has more going on, and they have gotten away from trying to squeeze all the story threads in every week, instead focusing on just a couple of them in one episode, and then covering the remaining threads the following week. MUCH better than the few minutes of each story we got each week last season.
Well I some what agree with you although don't you think they started off The Bennet's story line pretty much the same way they did last season? In a way I just feel a little robbed by the way this season started, and this could very well be totally premature, it may sort itself out and I'm just being impatient. I just think that they should be doing more to placate the people who watched last season instead of starting so many new story lines, that's why I'm pretty stoked to see next weeks show.

There are also marked improvements in some of the character threads. Nikki is actually involved in the story in a way that makes sense, and Micha isn't just waiting around until his plot line kicks in. I mean really, all the family values pep talks and silly stuff about his school last season was clearly filler until they needed him in the main story. Copycat is a great character, and I am excited to see how she develops.
I gotta disagree with you here, until this last episode I thought they were going to completely get rid of Nikki/Jessica I have hardly seen her at all. Micah too for that matter and to me they have some of the best abilities of the bunch imo.

Therefore I tend to make the argument that looking back on last season people look at it as a whole and therefore like it a whole lot better a whole instead of trying to pick apart on episode at a time as they are currently doing.
That's probably what I need to do more of as well, I get way to over board week to week.

Beware The Probe!
I'm not too happy with getting an early season's end now that the writers' strike is happening.
They appearantly shot 2 endings for the end of this 'Generations' story arc for next month and one will serve as a season finale where the other was to lead into Vol. 3 and Origins.
Shelving origins was a bad idea in my opinion and the strike will make for a boring few months.

I'm not too happy with getting an early season's end now that the writers' strike is happening.
They appearantly shot 2 endings for the end of this 'Generations' story arc for next month and one will serve as a season finale where the other was to lead into Vol. 3 and Origins.
Shelving origins was a bad idea in my opinion and the strike will make for a boring few months.

If the strike lasts too long, this might be the end if it happens. With the writers of Heroes wanting so much money, they don't care if Heroes leaves and that they just replace it w/another show or one like it.

Same goes with The Office.

Now this weeks eppy was more like it! I'm not alone in thinking the show has been moving way to slow apparently even Tim Kring himself is apologizing to the fans of the show. It's a damn shame this season is probably over in three weeks but whatryagonnado?

Anywho, here's what Tim said last week about the show and the strike.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

Beware The Probe!
Now this weeks eppy was more like it! I'm not alone in thinking the show has been moving way to slow apparently even Tim Kring himself is apologizing to the fans of the show.
With as many things as they have going on it's only natural some story-arcs will progress slower than others.
The only slow things I've noticed have been the boredom of the wonder-twins in Mexico and Sylar. We're talking snail's pace here and I can't even find either of these two characters remotely interesting They're just dragging it out bit by bit when they could have thrown them in one full episode and gotten their story out.
We could have easily gone this whole season so far and not been introduced to them yet. They just aren't vital to the main stories yet.

The Peter stuff is progressing quite nicely though. It was good to see the 'what came next' scene after the big-boom in last season's finale. Now we have Hiro's story from the past tying into the present. He's gonna be pissed when he finds out it was most likely Adam who killed his Dad.

The new girl, Elle...
Wow.
She's like...all kinds of crazy wrapped in a pretty package isn't she?
So far I like her in a Harley Quinn kinda way.
I wonder during her lifetime incarceration at The Company, who was her mentor there? Someone sadisticly insane it would seem. Bob? He hides it well if it was him. Or could she have gotten her moral fiber from her substitute parent, the television? Lotsa sex & violence there.

One gripe about this last episode...
DL went out like a punk????
What the hell?
The guy had just proven himself to be a hero again and he's taken out by some random act of violence in a nightclub?
If that was the plan all along they should have just killed him off from his injuries from his encounter with Linderman.

Lost in never never land
My understanding is that Elle is Bob's kid. So she wasn't really incarcerated there, but her dad is basically the richest person in the world so he basically kept her in a controlled environment while allowing her to have anything that she wanted. But Elle is an amazing character, and one of my favorites on the show simply because she is the best acted and is one of the more interesting characters because she is whiny and spoiled and acts like a kid even though she isn't.

Not to mention Elle is played by the fantastic Kristen Bell. One of my favorite young talents. Her previous show, Veronica Mars, was really well done.

Alas, the strike is going to knock all the shows out for a while...

I agree. They were trying to give him a more noble character arc, but the death came off as tacked on and contrived. They should have just left it as it was...