Quote of the Day

Tools    

"If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished, for they are forever praying for evil against one another."
-- Epicurus

You ready? You look ready.
"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages." -Richard Lederer
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"This Real Quote Was Censored"

-Matt Layden

Suspect's Reviews

The People's Republic of Clogher
Music is spiritual. The music business is not. - Van Morrison.

I'm preparing for the grumpy visionary's 60th birthday on Wednesday (or Vanday).

Originally Posted by nebbit
I am a big Van fan
I'm thinking about doing a little retrospective in Television & Music to celebrate the Belfast Cowboy's milestone. And check out the Song Dedictaion thread in a few minutes...

Tacitus' Alex Cox Quote-athon...

"LA encourages prats - I mean, creative genii - like (Robert) Rodriguez: especially if they are willing to shoot with the latest digital camera, and put a few lab technicians out of work as well."

"Spielberg isn't a filmmaker, he's a confectioner."

"My friend Rudy Wurlitzer once flew to Japan with director Sam Peckinpah to promote "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid". They were in what they thought was the first class cabin, but in mid-flight, Peckinpah, completely drunk, discovered a flight of stairs.

He went up, and came storming back down. "Rudy!" he yelled. "They got a whole 'nother first class up there! With BEDS!" Peckinpah rose to new heights of unstoppable, superhuman, wounded-American fury. "I have a first class ticket! And I demand a first class bed!" The embarrassed flight attendants quickly roused one of the sleeping Japanese passengers so that Sam could be installed in a full-length, super first class bed, for the remaining four or five hours.

Rudy, of course, remained downstairs.

Moral of the story: If you are a worker in the film industry, you will have the experience of being treated like kitchen help."

On LA - "It isn't just a bit ugly. It is massively ugly: an endless grey grid of one-, or two-storey buildings and logjammed cars. I was a graduate student here from 1977 to 1980, and a screenwriter and a director here from '80 to '84. I got out for ten years, but came back to direct another film in 1995, got fired off "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" here in 1997, and taught graduate students at UCLA in 1998. I have more friends in Los Angeles than anywhere, but I would be happy never to return."

Louisiana is a city that is largely under water. ~ Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by nebbit
A very modern one Caity

Maybe they didn't get us help any sooner then they did because they were flying around trying to find the city of Louisiana

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Maybe they didn't get us help any sooner then they did because they were flying around trying to find the city of Louisiana

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."
William James

Caity, some people are just bastards!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
It's more than a little disturbing to learn that your fate is, at least in part, in the hands of people who slept through 4th grade. No?

I am having a nervous breakdance
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."
-Marty Feldman

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.